Some Friendship We Have

Some Friendship We Have

A Chapter by illthoughts

And then she woke up.

 "Oh come on..." Skylar complained. She got up and looked at the time. 2:00 AM. She missed Cayden's party. She grabbed her phone and pressed the center button, the bright light blinding her.

 "Four missed calls from Cayd..." She sighed and called him back.

 "Sky! Where are you?! Are you okay?" He said, worry in his voice.

 "Yeah, I'm fine. Just fell asleep is all. Sorry I missed your party, Cayd..." She said, whispering the end.

 "Don't worry about it, dear. You can come over if you want, I rented movies and no one wanted to see them. They're not gonna watch themselves. Please, best friend?"

She sighed at the friend part, hoping he wouldn't notice.

 "Yeah, sure. I'll leave right now, my mom's sleeping."

 "Thanks, see you." She could hear the smile in his voice.

 "See ya." And he hung up. "I love you..." She whispered silently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She rang his doorbell, the chime sounded elegant. Then the door opened, and the first thing she saw was the scratch across his beautiful face.

 "Cayd..." She said softly, reaching her hand up to his face. "What happened to you?"

He pushed her hand down.

 "It's nothing. Come in."

She slid into his house, it was colder than usual. 

 "You know I won't stop asking until you tell me what the hell happened to your face."

 "Let it go, Sky. It's nothing. Really." He assured her, grabbing two movies off of the couch and sliding one into his silver DVD player. He then sat down next to her on his leather couch. She couldn't take her eyes off of his face. Something so beautiful... vandalized. I mean, he was still amazingly gorgeous... but it just didn't seem right. Something was wrong. Very, very wrong.

 The movie started and Skylar grew more and more suspicious. It wasn't like him to say quiet for so long. She turned and looked at him, cringing a bit at the look of his face. She looked at him for a full five minutes before he finally said something.

 "Sky... You worry too much."

 "I wouldn't worry so much if you would just tell me what happened." She answered quickly.

 "I'm not going to tell you, because it really isn't important."

 "I think it's important." She snapped.

 "Well, you're wrong." He uttered. Skylar shook her head.

 "Yeah, I'm wrong. I'm always wrong." She stood up and looked down at him. "Call me when you decide to actually tell me what's wrong." She stormed off, fuming. This is all her fault. She thought to herself while she jolted home. I know it. It has to be. He started acting like this as soon as they started going out.

 Skylar wiped her eye with her sleeve and to her surprise, she was crying. "Huh." She said to herself.

 When she finally reached her house she saw Cayden sitting at her front door.

 "How did you.." She said, walking up to him.

 "Skylar, I love you."

 "I love you too, but how did yo-"

 "No, Sky. I really do love you." He said, looking down.



© 2010 illthoughts


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on July 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 5, 2010


Author

illthoughts
illthoughts

orlando., FL



About
jasmine. fifteen. writings always been a passion, even though i've never really been good at it. more..

Writing