I'm free

I'm free

A Story by Humbirdy

The rain poured and poured. Every single drop reminded me of the pain I went through for the past seventeen years. As I saw the taxi drive away with my only family inside the back seat, tears poured down silently. My hand shook frantically trying to hold up the umbrella. Then suddenly my hand opened letting the umbrella fall and my legs started running after him.
     "Matthew!" I yelled with all my might. I ran and ran in the rain splashing into puddles. When I reached the corner, he was gone. The taxi was not in sight. I looked both ways trying to find him. "Matthew!" my voice trembled as I called his name once more. My whole body seemed to tremble with my voice. I leaned against a black gate and slowly fell down. I sat in a puddle with my hands covering my face as I cried.
     He was my only friend and family, and now he is gone. I am stuck with the monster. I am alone. I touched the scare that circled my ear. It is one of many scars, which have a horrifying story behind it. I stared at the sky and screamed. Screw everything! Let me be in that house and let him kill me! Let the monster kill me!
     "Molly! Get in the damn house!" I heard him scream. I looked up and saw him with his belt in his hand. He squeezed it hard and glared at me. I slowly stood up and stared at him. Without hesitation I ran. I ran away from him away from the monster. I heard him yell behind me, and heard his black boots smash onto the pavement. I ran and never looked back.
      Just my luck I slipped when I went to turn a corner and my forehead smashed into a step. I felt warm ooze come down as I turned to my back. He was there, towering above me. His belt was loose and it whipped into the air and met my body. I knew the neighbors heard me scream in pain. Each whip was harder than the next. My face was pounding with blood as I screamed.
      Suddenly there was the sound of sirens coming closer. Two cop cars stopped in the street across from me. The monster froze with his arm in the air ready to whip me once more. Cops came out with guns pointing at him. The belt dropped from his hand and for once in my life, I saw fear in his eyes.
      The cops cuffed him and placed him in the back seat. Two cops came toward me and told me an ambulance is coming, and I will be safe. I smiled finally understanding the meaning of safe. My eyes closed and I rested, waiting for my angels to take me away.

My eyes fluttered open as I realized I was in the attic. The dead cat aroma filled the air as usual. I turned and realized it was not rescue. It was only a dream. I lifted my head away from the cat and pulled off the cardboard away from my body. I turned and saw Matthew sleeping on top of the two boxes near the window. He is here, and I am here. The monster is here. Moreover, I will never see freedom, will I?

© 2010 Humbirdy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. very frighenting. i hope this is fiction..

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was an interesting story. I liked it a lot though...it makes me hope that you get away or whoever you were talking about...I think you did a good job. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2010
Last Updated on December 5, 2010

Author

Humbirdy
Humbirdy

Hogwarts in the Ravenclaw Common Room, PA



About
I welcome you back to my profile, a year later. I am currently thirteen and will be fourteen in April. WOO! Growing up :) Dark days are coming to an end, but I still have my sad moments and tea.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Humbirdy