Why Aren't We Doing Something?

Why Aren't We Doing Something?

A Story by Donna Marie Gray
"

While the United States is heading toward a dictatorship, there is very little concern. There is also little concern about the trillions of dollars going over seas for reasons other than defense.

"

Why Aren't We Doing Something?

by Donna Marie Gray

I will admit that I don't know what the percentages are, but I do know they are way out of proportion. There are many more American voters that are completely dedicated to one political party or the other than there are those who look seriously at the candidates than at the party to form intelligent decisions.

 

This dedication goes beyond the voting process. It encompasses the areas of neighborhood, employment, social events and just about all things in which individuals are involved. These people are so deeply entrenched in their political party of choice that they will not consider any other possibility.

There is, however, the very small percent of us that consider ourselves to be Independent voters, In reality, we all know that the two major parties are in control, have always been in control, and will probably always be in control, unless/until somebody has the brains and clear ability to stand up and prove they have the qualifications to bring us all back to a proud and solid nation. Hopefully, that will happen before one of the major parties succeed in becoming a dictatorship.

 

Does that sound rather harsh? Well, for those of you who fall into the "dedicated party of choice" category, you know you would be extremely happy if your party of choice was the only party running America.

I don't have all the answers. I personally do not have the ability to do what is required to initiate a viable plan. But there are people out there who do. I believe these people know what needs to be done, but for some obscure reason do not want to rock a sinking ship.

 

Someone needs to step up to the plate and share their knowledge and insight with the people. Inspire the people to support you. Motivate the general population to listen to common sense. Someone who knows they won't get rich in politics, but will get the job done. They will abide by all that applies to the citizens and not receive special benefits.

 

And finally, someone who truly believes American government is based on "of the people, for the people and by the people." God bless the U.S.A.

© 2014 Donna Marie Gray


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It appears that the declaration of independence is a document of concrete inspiration, recorded and understood in words. Your constitution, too. But your politicians honour economy. Money talks for these people. Not a relic document. It's the same with too many governments I'm afraid. My own country included. The irony of the American situation, where politicians sell their babies (metaphorically), is the words that happen to be written on your money. "In God We Trust"

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Added on August 19, 2014
Last Updated on August 19, 2014
Tags: Political Parties, Selling the U.S.A., party segregation

Author

Donna Marie Gray
Donna Marie Gray

Virginia Beach, VA



About
Donna is a published author who has been writing for as long as she can remember. She entered many poetry contests as a young adult and began being published in anthologies, magazines, and books. .. more..

Writing