My Dream Letter to the President

My Dream Letter to the President

A Story by Donna Marie Gray
"

What I would write if I had the courage.

"

My Dream Letter to the President

(If only I could send it)

by Donna Marie Gray


 

If only I had the courage of my convictions, I would send this letter off to the President. I guess not sending it makes me "part of the problem". However, even though many feel the way I do, and some have voiced their opinion, nothing ever changes. Government does not listen as it has too much to lose. Thus, here it is for your scrutiny and comments.

 

 

July 5, 2014

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20500


Dear Mr. President,


I would like to introduce myself to you. I am an average, senior citizen (78 yrs. old) born and raised in the United States of America. I am also a widow, and, thank God, I am a lung cancer survivor of 13 years this past March.


This letter could deal with the obvious issues someone of my age would be justified in discussing with you, but it doesn't. All of those issues have been ignored by government, both sides, for so long, there is no point in talking to brick walls. You know these issues as Healthcare, Social Security, education, civil rights, religion, etc.


My issue is the fact that most citizens are living on borrowed time and we are the only ones who apparently know this. I do not speak just of the Senior Community, I refer to most Americans of every age group.


The one question that needs to be answered by this government is: Why is it crystal clear to us that we are losing everything America stands for, little by little, but those who have been elected to prevent that from happening do not seem to agree?


Each day another crisis arises that needs intelligent, insightful and serious deliberation and cooperation. The American people are not stupid! We are fully aware there are many factors involved in solving serious problems. Anyone with half a brain knows these problems cannot be fixed overnight. BUT... between a two-party system that will not work together, and some who are willing to risk everything to prove their point, we most certainly are at the mercy of a government that has lost its way.


As you know, the people watch television, read newspapers, and see first hand the behavior of those we put in office almost the instant they do something. It's not right, some of it is illegal, and all of it proves that politicians smile and tell us stories, and expect us to believe them. As soon as they get the vote, their true nature surfaces and we are screwed!


When politicians open their mouth, all I hear is Blah, blah, blah!! But, I watch their eyes. That is where the truth and personality of the person always shines through. I don't care about the words they speak; it's all lies anyway. So, don't tell us what you think we want to hear. It won't work.


As President, it is your sworn duty to get all of the government bodies onto the same page. As President, it is your sworn duty to uphold all of the laws of our nation. As President, it is your sworn duty to put WE THE PEOPLE first in all decisions that will affect the well being of The United States of America.


For all of the members of the Federal Government, here's a tip..... Get a grip!


Most sincerely,


 

 

Donna Marie Gray

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2014 Donna Marie Gray


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this! You should most definitely send it! It's inspiring to know that someone has the courage to stand up to our government in the proper way (Not by shenanigans or FB posting). I agree with every word, the president should urge the parties to come together so that some justice could be done, so that people of this country should not have to go through such hardships that could be fixed if only someone decided to open their eyes to it. Too many times these government officials close the door on the obvious issues that threaten our country. I am grateful for your letter and so kindly encourage you to mail it out. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
1 Review
Added on August 20, 2014
Last Updated on August 20, 2014
Tags: borrowed time, blind-folded, eyes tell

Author

Donna Marie Gray
Donna Marie Gray

Virginia Beach, VA



About
Donna is a published author who has been writing for as long as she can remember. She entered many poetry contests as a young adult and began being published in anthologies, magazines, and books. .. more..

Writing