To The Well Organized Mind

To The Well Organized Mind

A Chapter by imadorkofcourse
"

Views on death, dying, and how to cope.

"

“To the well-organized mind death is but the next great adventure,” but what about all those that they leave behind, the family, the friends, the loved ones that are struggling to cope? How do they come to terms with it? Death is one of those things that we, as the human race, have yet to know how to deal with it. Some say death is unnatural, that body and soul were not meant to be separated, some say it’s just the way it goes, that it’s the natural order of things. Well is it still natural when a sixteen-year-old boy full of life, and laughs, and hopes and dreams dies in a car wreck. No, he still deserves a lifetime to accomplish them. Then you have an elderly couple who die holding hands, and to me, that is one of the most natural things this world can offer. Still the question remains, what about the survivors? The best friend, the older brother, the children, the parents, the cousins, the first girlfriend, the childhood friend, all the people that met them, knew them, and became part of their life, however long, or however short, how do they cope? The truth is they don’t. They cry, and cry, and don’t even bother fighting it. They curse, and question why? They cry some more, and eventual they crying stops, because they run out of tears. Maybe they have no emotion at all. Because they don’t know. And then one day, they wake up, and they begin to live again, maybe even living to a fuller extent. But if the really cared, the pain never really disappears, because there will always be that empty space they once filled, and the hole, that was once their existence. 



© 2012 imadorkofcourse


Author's Note

imadorkofcourse
A 16 year old from my town was killed in a car wreck, I didn't know him, but one of my best friend's sisters did, and it made me think about things.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on November 13, 2012
Last Updated on November 13, 2012
Tags: death, dying, coping, struggle, harry potter, quote


Author

imadorkofcourse
imadorkofcourse

NY



About
Well, I'm a dork. And I'm really bad a writing these "about me" things, so I'm going to make a list instead. I am.... 16 years of age High School Junior a recently out-of the closet lesbian fro.. more..

Writing