Death

Death

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

A short poem about feelings of death!

"

 

 

 

Death is coming

are you ready?

Some welcome it.

Others fear it.

Most prepare for it.

Death is coming

are you ready?

© 2010 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT WRITING A POEM! I HOPE IT IS WORTH PUBLISHING IF NOT, I'LL HIT THE DELET BUTTON! LET ME KNOW!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'Death'
Kathy Sue Sills,
Your first two lines are important:
Death is coming
Are you ready?
Good point, for none of us are built to live eternally on this groaning earth. It and we are designed to live eternally but sin mars all in and about us. We groan too. Anyway in all this somehow our nature is to ponder, ask questions- be curious. The clues of beauty around us and 'death' are the dark and light that show the reality of God. Light overcomes darkness. Jesus is Lord.
The Beginning
references- (Genesis 1:1–2; Hebrews 11:1–3)
Berean Study Bible- John 1: 1-5
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made. 4In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Blessings to you.
Kathy

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by!
And in the beginning was death, that brought life to your pen. Interesting beginning. I suspect I'll be reading more about your life and death to come.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

This was my very first poem! I do not consider myself a poet, but I would love to become one! Thank.. read more
William Michael Reeves

2 Years Ago

What??!! The moment you put two words together as an expression you are a poet. So many levels of it.. read more
KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you, kind sir!
It's a start and that my friend is what counts the most.. You can actually keep this as is or add more to it.. Very good.. I like it

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
:)
Simple question, many can't answer :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
Snappy, unhappy poem with a strong depressive undercurrent. It's a punch between the eyes and seems as if the writer almost encourages the touch of death. So it is a challenge but as an older reader I can take it on the chin. I will face it when it comes with courage displayed by my parents. Good work by a writer who uses a depressive aspect to deliver poems of quality!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the short and bold writes. Dont delete it, keep playing with poetry, I think its a nice break from writing stories and its theraputic. Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


There are many ways to review a poem. Some people are spelling and grammar police, others are into checking the format or it rhythms on the correct lines all of those have there place but for me poetry is more spiritual than technical. I love poems that make me feel, make think, make me wonder or question my own self. Those poems don't have to be perfect, or accepted by critics because they serve a purpose to express and that is what I love about poetry. Keep this poem and treasure it, it makes people ask the question are they ready for death.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is good... don't delete it, everything gets better with practice and more of your poems i read, i see improvement each time... well done! keep it up...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Poetry had many direction it can go. I like this short poem. The Native Americans believe death is always waiting on your left shoulder. No-one is prepare for death. Death know when are time is here or coming. A very good first poem. Made your point and ask a question.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

473 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 19, 2010
Last Updated on November 19, 2010
Tags: DEATH, FEAR, READY

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..