The Storm In Jilliann's Room

The Storm In Jilliann's Room

A Story by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

One little girl goes on an adventure on trying to make the storm go away outside!

"

     Jilliann was playing in her room because it was storming outside.  She was playing with her doll house, and her barbies laid close by.  Jilliann's mommy came to her door and exclaimed, "It looks like a storm has hit your room!"

 

     "No mommy, the storm is outside, not in my room,"  she said feeling confused.

 

     "Jilliann," her mommy said.  "You know what I'm talking about,  make the storm go away!" she finished sternly.

 

     Jilliann didn't know what to do.  she didn't like her mommy to be upset with her.  Mommy must want to play outside and can't because of the storm, Jilliann thought to herself.  "But how can I make It go away?" She asked herself.

 

     Jilliann walked to the window, and began to sing:

 

"Rain, rain, go away.

Come again some other day.

Little Jilliann's mommy wants to play.

Rain, rain, go away.

 

     Jilliann decided that she was tired of playing with her dolls and doll house.  She found her wooden blocks and built a huge tower.  When she put the last block on it fell to the floor.  The blocks went in all directions.

 

     Then she decided to play with her tea set.  She was going to have a tea party and invite all her stuffed animals.  It was going to be a big party because she had a lot of animals.

 

     Jilliann's mommy came back to her room.  "Jilliann, the storm is still here, I thought I told you to make it go away."

 

     "I tried mommy, It's not ready to leave yet," Jilliann replied.

 

     "Jilliann, I mean get rid of the storm now!"  Mommy shouted.

 

     "I'll try again, mommy," Jilliann cried.

 

     Jilliann walked back to the window and began to sing:

 

"Rain,rain, go away.

Come again some other day.

Little Jilliann"s mommy wants to play.

Rain, rain, go away."

 

          Jilliann decided to play with her dress up clothes.  She opened her small chest and threw all her dresses and fancy shoes all around her.  She dressed up like cinderella.  she danced around the room pretending that she was dancing with her prince.

 

     She was having so much fun she didn't hear her door open.  "Why is this storm still here?" Mommy asked.

 

     Jilliann stopped and looked at her mommy like she was crazy.  "Mommy, I don't know."

 

     "Well, figure it out," mommy said.  "I want it gone when I come back." Then she left.

 

 

      Jillian walked back to the window yet again  and song:

 

Rain, rain, please, pretty please go away.

Little Jilliann's mommy wants to play.

Rain, rain, go away.

 

     Jilliann looked around her room, feeling tired of playing with her toys.  They looked tired too!  She first put all her dolls in their proper beds.  "Night night," said Jilliann.

 

     She then picked up all her stuffed animals and placed them on her bed.  "Night, night," she said.

 

     Jilliann looked around her room.  She picked up all her blocks, throwing them into the big brown box.  She peered inside.  "So long blocks time to rest."  She picked up all her dress clothes and shoes and stuffed them back into her chest.  "Good-bye for now," Jilliann whispered.  "See you later."

 

     Jilliann was looking at a book when her mommy came back into her room.  "Jilliann."  Her mommy smiled.  "You made the storm go away!"

 

     Jilliann ran to the window.  The sun was shining brightly.  "I sure did,"  said Jilliann.  "Let's go out and play."

 

Also Written By: Storiestotell

    

© 2022 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
One of our children's stories we worked on together, hope you like. Please let us know!
Written by Karen Sills too!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very cute. I like how Jillian sings to make the storm disappear.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was highly enjoyable! I really loved this story and your creativity! This deserves a 100!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This wouldn't be the normal thing that I'd review, but I thought it was very sweet. It was very enjoyable - there a few grammatical errors, but nothing that a little editing can't fix. Again, wonderful little story. Thank you for sharing

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh my.... thanks for sharing this wonderful story :) this is what gives meaning to life :) such a wonderful work of art! keep it up :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a sweet lovely story! :) I enjoyed this very much. As far as technicalities, some capitalizations and quote mark placements were all I noticed. I love the way you made the end work so well for Jilliann and mommy, both had what they wanted and didn't realize the confusion of the other. Well done. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really do like it, its cute and sure is fun. Great job on this by both of you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
I couldn't help but smile after reading this one. It's funny how children can misinterpret things and yet be cute about it. Good one.
(They looked tried too! ) Did you mean Tired too?


Posted 13 Years Ago


that was just great
i remember when mommy would get angry cuz i refused to clean up my toys..
remindreminds me of yesterday ^-^ (lol, kidding, she didnt yell, just gave me the hairy eyeball)
well, the only suggestion i have for you is to make sure all things being said are in quotes
so, keep writing enjoyable stuffs ^0^

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is wonderful, cute as well

Posted 13 Years Ago


You two are really hitting your stride with these stories! They are just so charming, with gentle lessons powerfully put.

I think you ladies have quite a talent with this!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 3, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2022
Tags: Girl, Mommy, Room, Storm, Toys

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


An Addiction An Addiction

A Poem by OT