Hidden Love

Hidden Love

A Story by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

A guy and girl has been friends sense grade school, now they each want more, but are afraid to reveal their feelings to each other.

"

     Maycie gazed at all the beautiful prom dresses.  She really wasn't in the mood for shopping, but her best friend Caden told her she needed a special dress for the prom.  She glanced at Caden as he handed her a pale pink sleeveless dress.

     She held it up to her and looked in the floor length mirror.  "This is pointless," she said in distress.

     "Why?" Caden asked, handing her another dress from the rack.

     Mayice sighed.

     "I know," said Caden. "you need a date," he smiled.

     Mayice's eyes narrowed in shock.  "A what?"

     Caden groaned inwardly. He couldn't believe he'd said what he said.  "A date," he repeated with less enthusiasm.

     Maycie didn't want a date.  Well she did, but not with just any guy.  She wanted to date Caden Townsend.  They'd been friends sense grade school.  She once thought of them as brother and sister, but somewhere along the way her feelings had changed.  She was in love with her best friend, and afraid to tell him.

     "Who do you think my date should be?"  She joked.

     Caden's face fail.  He didn't want her to date no one, but him.  He was too afraid to tell her so.  He was in love with his best friend.

     "Rick Harris," he finally said.

     "No!" Maycie all but shouted.

     "Then who would you like to date?" Caden crossed his fingers behind his back, praying she would say him. The only reason Mallory Jetson was his date was a favor for a friend.

     "Who?" He prodded.

     "Can we just drop it?" She asked.

     "But Maycie, the prom is this weekend," he grumbled.

     "I think I'm just going to stay home," she told him.

     She didn't think she could stand one moment watching him dance with Mallory or any other girl.  Looking over at Caden who had a horrid look on his face made her smile.

     "You are  not going to skip out on our special night," he said matter fact.

     "Our special night?" She asked, hoping it meant what she wanted it to mean.

     "Well yeah, it is both our prom night."

     Mayice turned so Caden wouldn't see her disappointment.  "Caden I rather not---"

     "You will go," he ordered.  My date is meeting me there, so I'll swing by and pick you up."

     Saturday night she dressed in the sleeveless pale pink dress that Caden had picked for her.  She couldn't help but be a little excited.  She would have Caden to herself for a while.  she planned to savor every minute. 

     Caden was there on time.  She walked down stairs.  Her breath caught in her chest.  He was so handsome in his black suit.

     "You look beautiful," he said as he escorted her to his car.

     Caden drove in silence.  Maycie closed her eyes, begging herself to relax.  All the sudden there was a loud boom and then a crash.  Maycie screamed as she felt pain, then there was nothing but darkness.

     Caden opened his eyes.  "Maycie, you o:k?" No answer.  He slowly looked her way.  Panic like he'd never felt before surged through him.  Maycie was not in the car. "Maycie!" He screamed as he got out of the car.

     "I'm over here!" She yelled.

     Caden found her in a ditch.  She had a huge gash on her head, and her leg was broken.  Maycie closed her eyes.  Her head hurt, and the pain in her leg was making her nauseated. "It hurts," she wailed.

     "Stay with me.  Help is on the way," he wispered.

     "Sleepy."

     "Stay awake,"  he ordered.  "You may have a concussion," he told her.  "talk to me.  Tell me something you've never told me," he demanded.

     "Anything?"

     "Yes, anything."

     "I don't want to be your friend any longer," she sobbed.

     He looked hurt.  "You can't mean that."

     "I do mean it," she cried.

     "But Maycie I love you."  There he'd gone and spilled his guts.

     "You what?"

     "I love you," he repeated.

     "But only as a friend," she whispered.

     "Let me rephrase my answer.  I"m in love with you,"  he smiled.

     "Why haven't you said something?"

     "I didn't want to loose you."

     "Caden Townsend, I'm in love with you too.  Have been for a long time."

     Caden lowered his lips and kissed her like he had wanted to for a long time as sirens pierced the night.

 

    

    

    

 

© 2011 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Another story for the world 500 group, hope you enjoy. This one had to be a conversation between friends.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

With brokenness comes a foundation of wholeness. Hesitation becomes action. Expressed love coming from fear that once suppressed it. What else can I say about the message of this piece?

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a good story of how complicated love can be sometimes especially in high school but to be honest I recently went through something similar myself but I shall not be tell my secrets in a review. Your characters stood out and the plot is a good one. If you made this a little longer it would help to see how she landed in the ditch. I got a little lost there but the story is well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very well written. I LOVE IT!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very well done!! Nice dialogue and style.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great!! I am adding this to my libary, so that made my eyes glued to the screen! Good Job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow this is gave me tears cause of the fact me and my guy best friend are lke this but we wont ammit ........just brought back someting....

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome little story. Good job on the conversation between the two characters. I'm glad too the story had a happy ending and they found out they are in love with each other.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A really nice happily ever after story. That's the sort of endings I like, not tragic ones. I think you did really great on this story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

747 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 6, 2011

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..