The Nursery Rhyme Marriage

The Nursery Rhyme Marriage

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

Creative Poetry Group

"

 

She married in the month of June

on a hot humid day. Silver Bells decorated

the church, and her pretty little maids

stood beside her all in a roll. She was a vision of loveliness all dressed in her satin gown of white.

 

Vows was pledged to love, honor and obey,

but he was a well known prestige man, thinking he was Old King Cole, a merry old  soul.  He bought her a mansion and thought he could keep her there like Peter Peter Pumkin Eater, but was sadly mistaken.

 

The enchantment fairy tale has gone stale, she no longer feels under the spell of his love.  He's gone all day and she's left at home. A Mansion that should be in shape of a shoe because she has so many children she don't know what to do.

 

There are times she feels like leaving, but her devotion to her marriage keeps her put. She feels like Humpty Dumpty all shattered and broken. She keeps waiting for her night and shining armor, her husband to pick her up and put her back together again. 

 

It's raining and pouring and he's in the bed snoring while she sits all fervent in need for his love. She longs to see the first star of the night to make that wish she wishes for every night.

 

She's tired of feeling bedlam, it's time to sit him straight. The clock strikes midnight as she wakes him up.  Words of hurt and pain spill

© 2011 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
This is a poem that I written months ago and didn't like it, so I redid it for the Creative Poetry Group! Not sure if it is considered a poem, but I hope you like it Please tell me what you thi

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like how you ended this tale. Sometime the man must awake and make the woman feel wanted and needed. I like the many tales you put into this poem. Made the poem fun to read and logic if you desire to find. A unhappy woman can fade away if not treated with love and tenderness. Thank you for a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have always wanted to know what happens after the fairy tale ends... After happily ever after... and here you come to answer it: "The enchantment fairy tale has gone stale, she no longer feels under the spell of his love." lol

What an imagination you have. I absolutely adore this, so much so I read it twice.


Posted 12 Years Ago


Hmm, there's a couple of spelling errors and all, but i like the nursery rhyme/fairytale marrage comparison. Nice poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
We have all become desensitized to romance, all a girl needs is a lil bit of romance,
we don't need fairy tales or nursery rhymes, we need the truth from the get go...
marriage can be work, we won't ride off into the sunset, we do not live happily ever after without effort. I love this write because it shows us how we are raised up believing in a fairytale, is it any wonder; why we think real marriages that include ups and downs are disfunctional, expectations are dashed by reality...; that the divorce rate is astronomical.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So beautifully written and I loved how you showed bits and peices of nusery rhymes throughout the poem. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a playful yet serious messge. Well constructed and good use of the words, too. Very enjoyable to read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was cool. I had a lot of fun reading all of the allusions.
You took a serious story and gave it playful twist. I enjoyed it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice job on pulling the nursery rhymes into this to tell your tale. Lucky her husband was able to hear her needs and was willing to meet them. That's a man who really loves his wife. I like this one a lot!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it, I like how you tied in the fairy tales and the words for the group. This is a fun read and a serious one at the same time. I think its awesome. Your writing skills shine in this clever poem! I'm glad it has a happy ending!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Pretty cool write I like the flow of it and the story telling within it. Nicely done on that front. Oh, lest me not forget you put a message in this write about love. not many have the ability to rise up from self pity to speak their truth in honesty to the one they love but her boldness struck out and he heard her and offered to change now isn't that open honest communication.. yes the stuff love is made from! Wonderful write.

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1717 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2011
Last Updated on July 6, 2011
Tags: Marriage, Love, Nursery rhymes

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..