The Voice Of Reasoning

The Voice Of Reasoning

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

Creative Poetry Group: We had to write about the picture!

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A siren's voice speaking in the deep sub-conscience

Articulate words of reasoning racing through the brain,

instilling ingredients of right from wrong

Alluring sounds that are conspicuous

 

Counterfeit truth deafen ears

Insulated thoughts block sub-conscience

Intense feelings surface deep in the abyss heart

Stop, listen to me, a brillant intelligent voice orders

 

Strong existence is over powering

Divine essence of personality

Envisage images are vivid.

A duplicate of self speaking from within,

pushing you to aspire

 

Coherent voice radiates consolation,

yearning to colaborate with your outer being

Mind becomes lucid

Stop, listen to the voice of reasoning,

your conscience, a guidance through life

 

 

 

© 2012 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
We should always listen to our inner voice.
Very well written and penned
Loved it

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is amazing especially that you rang that we should stop and listen to the voice. Now what voice? Thats just a mystery because it speaks to no one else but me. I just love how excellently you've painted. It made me listen to the voice that says, ' review this'. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am at a lost for words. Stunningly you have captured something so beautiful and fragile.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You did a beautiful job of portraying the subconscience mind. It's where the roots of our personality begin...and this inspiration all circles back, when it all comes to an end.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow, I am taken aback! this is so beautifully written! It is so meaningful and signifucant to my life! I like how you chose a topic that is so relevant in people's lives, something that we can relate to...

Keep up the great work. It is so interesting to read a poem- of which I can experience the imagery, on a topic that is abstract, yet so real. In other words this poem is about a concept rather than a tangible matter, yet you bring it to life in such an ingenious way!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The voice speaking in the deep sub-conscious is absolutely spot on because that is where our creativity resides, not in our reason. The process of things bubbling up and becoming lucid in our creative and philosophical expressions is astonishingly beautiful being at the heart of what it is to be human. The fact we can put words together the way we do is absolutely asonishing. I am moved at the thought of how we all are. This language through which we live our lives and without which we are nothing is ... astonishingly beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What do I think? I think I'm blown away. Because... I have not read any read requests for ages. I thought I'd see what was on offer. Your title drew me instantly because of the word VOICE. I am recording some poems for a book and voice, voice, voice is all I can think about right now. So to read your take on the pic, the nature of reason and what the voice might say really got to me because I believe that voice, in its several meanings is key to poetry. I believe that no poem is complete until it has proved it has a beating heart in the reading. So here's what I was voicing earlier tdy ... http://snd.sc/xqYpid ... Voice is all! The Voice of Romance clearly vies with that of Reason when it comes to the arts and creativity. *bows*

Posted 12 Years Ago


in a way, the words seem so real...

good job

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great work on this. You did an excellent job on writing this to match the picture. Very skillful and creative.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent write. Great imagery and flow.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1055 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 27, 2012
Last Updated on January 27, 2012

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..