Silence Drops

Silence Drops

A Story by Masaking

I’ve been trying to finish up a controversial crime report the past two nights. The night I was about to submit the report, I felt especially anxious for my own safety. It was late and I was alone in my apartment typing away. When the clock hit midnight, my phone rang, jolting me out of my focus. I panicked, jumped, spilled my coffee on the table, and froze up for a few seconds. When I calmed down a little, I surveyed my surroundings, from my report to the spilled coffee then back to the ringing phone.

The ringing stopped, and I started to clean up the mess. I picked up my phone to see who had called, but it only showed unidentified number. I placed my phone back on the table. As soon as I placed my hand back on my keyboard, I received a text message that began with, "Do not report…" Then I noticed something wasn’t right. I scrolled down to find more texts: “or this…” and a picture of me in the house taken from the outside, through my window.

My eyes opened wide, my heart was racing. I shook my head twice, before rereading the last messages. I knew the picture was of me and I shut down my laptop. I was terrified. I didn't sleep all night and was on edge all day at work the next day, although nothing unusual happened at work.

After the long day’s work, I walked to the train station very late at night. I felt someone behind me the whole way. I heard footsteps with every step I took; but every time I stared back, there was nothing there. Maybe it was all in my head.

I checked my watch and saw that the last train was leaving. I started to pace myself to make it, and I clearly felt a presence right behind me. As I went faster, I heard shuffling and a splash from a puddle. He was probably the one who sent the message to me.

I got to the train right before the doors closed; he was a few steps behind. I glanced back outside right before the doors closed, and finally saw his face. He was right outside the door as the train left the station, waving at me.

© 2013 Masaking


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on November 10, 2012
Last Updated on March 26, 2013

Author

Masaking
Masaking

Poughkeepsie, NY



About
Am back and alive! This account had been discovered since I was in middle school. Back then, writing fiction stories were the only things that brought happiness to myself. It was the only thing I .. more..

Writing
Black Out Black Out

A Story by Masaking