Closer to Self no Reason to Grieve

Closer to Self no Reason to Grieve

A Poem by IMOGEAN

 
 I have been living my alone
As if it were a lover to be shown
 
In the wake of a lonely day
My heart years for a different way.
 
This life that seems so dead
Is alive, if only in my head.
 
I breathe in the scent that is now,
And wipe the moistness from my brow.
 
If only in my dreams,
Excitement real, I live it seems.
 
And this day that feels a waste, I believe   
Brings me closer to self, no reason to grieve.

© 2008 IMOGEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is soo beautiful and true. Exactly what life is about: I believe we need to find our true self, going backwards to the middle, back to the creation, to the beginning of everything. I liked this write filled with honest self observation away of gloss-over, just the naked truth. bravo !!

Posted 15 Years Ago


---loneliness is a hardship in itself, great poem IMOGEAN ---love, mishy

Posted 15 Years Ago


Before I submit a review, please confirm line 1. Is it correct or should it read 'my life alone'?
JohnL

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful poem I love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Writing about self and emotions is pretty difficult, especially in the shape of a poem. Your words truly touched me, some for my 'self'... but maybe, you could have used prose-poetry rather than use rhyming? Really don't like to say things like that - feel free to tear my stuff apart - but I found this a little restricted. The phrase '... this life that seems so dead is alive, if only in my head' - touched something inside me.

(Just read the review below...oops, sorry, seems that we partly feel the same way.)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really like this poem for its theme regarding the self. It would take awhile for me to properly analyze and describe it, which is the sign of a great concept.
However, I disliked the presentation. The rhyming seems forced and unnatural but the imagery is okay.
Overall, I'm glad I read it, but I didn't really enjoy reading it.

Just my opinion.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I thought this piece was very nicely written. Keep up the good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very well done. Yes, indeed. Once you have come to peace wtih yourself, there is nothing outside of yourself that can bring you down.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Amen to that, spring and rebirth from death, (or of the heart death of loneliness), even if only transcendentally.
Thank you, I find this a very hopeful poem.

I like the song you have up as well, it's lovely.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Awesome!! And the voice recording...amazing! I love it!

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

919 Views
19 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 29, 2008
Last Updated on March 29, 2008

Author

IMOGEAN
IMOGEAN

Chico, California, CA



About
The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, serenely, divinely aware... And this is why I write: AWARENESS... It is not in the moment that I tasted the delicacies of life .. more..

Writing
Trust Trust

A Poem by IMOGEAN