Beatrice's Adventures : Chapter 1 - When We Were Young

Beatrice's Adventures : Chapter 1 - When We Were Young

A Story by Ina Garcia
"

In this chapter, Beatrice talks about her past which will lead to a very bright future full of adventures.

"

“Wake up,” a calm voice said.


Today was the day.


Wait, what?! Today was the day? THE DAY?! Is this seriously happening to me?


You see, when my older brother and I were young, our grandfather made it his mission to keep us shut out from the world. He didn’t mean to be…mean, he just wanted to protect us. Since we were kept in solitude, home schooling happened then there were lots of extracurricular lessons like piano, archery, tae kwon do, volleyball, basketball, and of course, what every kid needs, a training in gun control. I was a pretty bad a*s little girl back then.


Of course, through all these experiences, I always questioned why our grandfather did this to us. He just kept saying “it is all for the best.” My parents said the same thing when I asked them why grandfather kept us in. Back then, I was a kid and I always thought that that was enough. I took it as it is.


When I reached thirteen, I begged my grandfather for me to go to a normal school, a school where I can interact with other teens and make friends. I was so sick and tired of home schooling. After begging for days, my grandfather caved. However, there was a condition. I’m going to go to a normal school BUT in the states. I pleaded again. I wanted to go school here, in my homeland of Morania. Grandfather’s offer was final. It was that or be stuck with home schooling.


I took his offer. After that, my grandfather started making arrangements on where I was going to live and with whom. As it turns out, I had an aunt there and she could not be more than happy for me to arrive and live with her.


The next month, I was ready to leave but my heart was a bit broken. Leaving my family and my home to be on my own was going to be hard. I’ve spent my entire childhood in a place with the familiar faces that I have come to love.


“Be a good girl and listen to your aunt,” my dad said as he hugged me.


“Don’t forget to call us when you arrive, okay?” mom was starting to get teary eyed.


“I’m gonna miss you, you brat!” my brother teased, he then hugged me which took my by surprised and whispered in my ear “I admire what you’re doing, take care sissy.”


I didn’t know what to say to my family so I just hugged them all together. My grandfather then joined in the group hug.


“Come on, I don’t want my little princess to be late for her flight,” my grandfather said.


Needless to say, when I got on the plane, tears were flowing down my face and I could not stop staring at the window. I saw my family waving goodbye with tears running down their cheeks too.


It has been seven years since I left and now I’m back in Morania. For the past seven years, I have learned to stand up on my own. For the past seven years, I have discovered my capabilities and limitations. For the past seven years, I have molded a person inside me that is strong and independent. I thank my grandfather so much for the opportunity to be on my own and the activities that he has made me do because it also helped me to become who I am now.


Three months ago, the man who guided me at such a young age, my grandfather, died.


My dad called and informed what happened to my grandfather. He had a heart attack. In that instant, I reached a decision. All I said to my dad was “I’m going back. I’m coming home.”


Now, life without my grandfather was going to be hard. With him not around anymore, my father needed to take his place. My brother and I also had responsibilities to take care of now. My life was starting to change and tonight was just making it official. I was going to be presented to the people of Morania.


“Your highness, wake up” Sasha, my new friend and assistant, said.


“ I told you not to call me that,” I retorted.


“Well, you need to get up now for the preparations.”


“Ugh. Do I have to do this?”


“It comes with the territory of being Royal,” she said as she drew the curtains open, the morning sun shine was right on my face causing me to squint “you are, after all, the first granddaughter of King Leonard.”


“UGH!” I buried my face on my pillow.


“Hey, I said get up Beatrice! It's your parents’ coronation today and you will also be presented to the people! Get yourself ready!”


“Okay! Fine! I’m going!”


I stared at my reflection on the bathroom mirror. Heart shaped face, round eyes with eye bags big enough to put in books, average sized nose, thin lips and a messy hair with an undetermined color, it was either black or brown or gold. I really didn’t know.


“This? A princess? Really?” I thought.


I splashed water on my face then looked at the mirror again. I was hoping for a difference, some improvement. Still the same.


“Get your butt in the shower!” Sasha yelled while banging on the door.


I guess I really need to do this then. This being presented to the people thing. After not being seen for almost twenty years, the people of Morian are finally going to see what I looked like. I’m a bit creeped out and nervous. Before I hopped in the shower, I looked at my reflection again.


“Princess Beatrice Margarette Tarova Gravonaldio,” I thought.


Woah, that’s definitely a mouthful.

© 2011 Ina Garcia


Author's Note

Ina Garcia
How is it so far? :]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well written, love the detail and imagery.
This is a very interesting write, cute in a away as well.
Like it alot.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 23, 2011
Last Updated on February 23, 2011
Tags: princess, love, adventure, funny, comedy, drama, romance

Author

Ina Garcia
Ina Garcia

Philippines



About
I live life to the fullest, doing the best I can with the talent God has given me. Peace! :) I enjoy writing journals, articles and fictional stories. more..