Prayer for an evil twin.

Prayer for an evil twin.

A Poem by Roxanne Aponte

You're invisible to most, but very obvious to me because you shine through the foliage. The bad twin of the sun more deadly than the night for you burn black. You burn and you are not loved by the moon. Do not threaten to destroy me from your cover, the green, and my progress. I believe in a natural death so the space is there to let you breathe. Like everything you will die. In the meantime I am comfortable with your silent existence. You can fight if you want, but it'd make me even more proud of my unmedicated wins. Such a coward of you to hide. You'd rather rest in the seams of my memory than have yourself plucked from my visible skin. But I think I'll lock those fevers in iron caskets for the future. Shake them like a bell to be well. The homemade alarm clocks shall ring a reminder of who to never be, at least not fully. And I'll set them every night so I can begin again while you've made your home within.

© 2010 Roxanne Aponte


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

insightful; i enjoy your talent very much!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

554 Views
1 Review
Added on February 26, 2010
Last Updated on February 26, 2010

Author

Roxanne Aponte
Roxanne Aponte

Brooklyn, NY



About
I've been writing since I was a child: stories, poetry, much of it personal as I've been an avid journal writer for many years. I write mainly for the cathartic release. My love of words is a passion .. more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5