behind black lace

behind black lace

A Poem by Csimmons

                             Behind black lace are suspicions conjured only by the dark side of the mind.
The realistic voices say beyond the laced curtain is a child dreaming in his bed, or your widowed grandmother finishing her quilt.
but the dark side imagines the laces of a lovers stockings griping her thighs as the flickering flames of her candles casts the silhouette of a insatiable angel. what if the lace trimming the silk night gown stained from the blood that soaks through. As the lonely confused man  presses the wound and begs  god for it to be a dream, his prayers go unheard those feeling have just mutated from the lustful rage and jealousy his dead eyes have been filled with since they first laid on his dancing angel. but the dark side and reality fuse as he sees that his own black lace is the repeated shadow of a desperate souls way out. fear is expected but absent as he tightens his lace around his neck, no the only emotion is excitement and his only thought as the stool wobbles beneath  his muddy boots is that his angel is no more than a last breath away.
the realistic voices say its a child dreaming beyond the black lace of the curtains.

© 2017 Csimmons


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! It got my heart beating as it unfolded. I must tell you, I too have this thoughts sometimes. I hear the whisperings of the dark side of my mind but most of the times I just ignore it. A lot of time I tried to hang myself but I just end up telling myself I'm not yet worth it to die. :)

An advise but you don't really have to take it if you don't like it; you can make the size of the font a bit bigger with the font in bold it was a bit hard to read. But its the content that really matters.
It was really a beautiful piece. Good job :)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
1 Review
Added on February 24, 2017
Last Updated on February 24, 2017

Author

Csimmons
Csimmons

parkersburg, WV



Writing
Left behind Left behind

A Poem by Csimmons