On the path..

On the path..

A Poem by InkSlinger

Just past denial
somewhere on the road to heartache
you will see the path meander...
that's where you will find
sadness gathering.

Cloaked in resentment
basking in bitterness
frolicking with sorrow
that's where you will find
sadness gathering

Bathed in empty tears
tied to a bickering tongue
washed in unending depression
that's where you will find
sadness gathering

Hidden under accusing eyes
battered by prattling tongues
wrapped in love's mockery
that's where you will find
sadness gathering

Crooked fingers point the way
along the path of infidelities
draped in suspicion, and deceit
that's where you will find
sadness gathering...

© 2013 InkSlinger


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mir
An inspiring write that kind of perks you up and makes you evaluate your own life as you read it. I like how you mention the natural elements in life that follows based from your very first two lines. I enjoyed reading this well-written piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the symmetry of this poem. The first verse is very good. I love the way the feel and structure of this poem gives the "sadness" an almost physical presence, it puts one in mind of pools of dark water gathering underground. It has a very ominous feel to it. It's a very personal poem, I think, and will resonate differently with different people. We've all felt sadness creeping upon us like a fog, slowly, stealthily, aware of it, but unaware, and I think this poem captures that feeling brilliantly. That's hard to do, because it is a fairly subtle shade of emotion you are trying to portray... not just sadness, but the idea of sadness. Perhaps even a sense of denial. Very subtle suggestions which are cleverly woven into the piece by the way it is written. For some reason I'm not sure of, it makes me think of Tolkien's writing. It also makes me think of my sadness that society has been led so far astray from the noble and honorable principles which were intended for it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great poem. Everything about it is perfect. The flow and imagery of the poem are wonderful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so very powerful! Gave me goose-bumps, chills up and down my arms. That's where you will find sadness gathering...

"Just past denial
somewhere on the road to heartache"

So brilliant with an nice flow and imagery. I really felt this piece, each stanza lured me further into the sadness you created, able to imagine this poor being "Bathed in empty tears". Love this, InkSlinger. Another work of art.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice! Sadness gathers in many different places and you described it so well in your poem. It was full of emotion. Send me read request please!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was sad! I loved the way sad was exspressed in each stanza! Great write as always!

Posted 13 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

761 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 10, 2010
Last Updated on January 21, 2013

Author

InkSlinger
InkSlinger

Out there, somewhere.., NH



About
I write... therefore I am... Life comes with no guarantees, warranties, or manuals. Just live it the best way you know how!! There are no stupid questions in life, so ask for help when you need it... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..