Inner Demons

Inner Demons

A Story by emma
"

The demon in Rosalina is thirsty for blood, and he will stop at nothing to get some of that sweet red liquid.

"

My fingers curled around the deadly blade. I lifted the weapon so the sharpest point was facing the cloaked man wearing the devilish grin.

 

“That’s right, little girl,” he cooed. “Hurt me.”

 

I willed myself to drop the knife, but instead I took a step forward.

 

The man laughed. “Yes, Rosalina, come to me.”

 

My feet pushed me forward, though my brain told me to move backwards.

 

“What’re you doing to me?” I sputtered and took another step.

 

I saw a disturbing glint in his eyes. “No more speaking.”

 

My mouth snapped shut. I took four more silent steps forward, then I was right in front of him. He smiled down at me and I shivered. I couldn't meet his eyes. 

 

“Do it. Right in the gut,” he commanded.

 

And I thrust the knife into his body, directly in his gut. He sighed contently and began to bleed.

 

“Deeper,” he murmured.

 

I pushed it in deeper. So deep that the hilt of the knife was almost imbedded in him, and my fingers were dangerously close to touching the gore. 

I started sobbing. I could feel the blade stealing the life of the man, the demonic man who wanted to die. But I didn't want to kill him. 


He collapsed and I fell with him. We lay there together on the cold pavement: him dying, me crying. His blood painted the ground beneath us, and I could feel it soaking through my shirt.

 

Through my sobs, I heard him whisper, “Well done.”

 

***

 

A girl lies dead in her bedroom, her blood staining the carpet beneath her. A knife is stuck inside her gut, pushed in almost to the hilt. The demon releases itself from her body and soaks in the pleasure of his latest kill.

 

Stupid girl, thinking she was killing the demon in her, when in reality, she’d only killed herself.

 

Satisfied with his latest kill, the demon laughs, kisses the dead girls cheek, and disappears to find another victim. 

© 2012 emma


Author's Note

emma
Whenever I think about people who hurt themselves, my thoughts somehow travel to inner demons. the demons command people to hurt themselves, and they are powerless to resist. And so here you go, a nice little story.

**awarded Honorable Mention in the Things That Go Bump In The Night contest**
**awarded Remarkable Teller in the The Reality Question contest**

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really great story. The message you gave to us through the story is also very great. You are very creative to think of such a thing. Very good. Keep it up! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! This story was a great one to read! You had an attraction of my eyes to this story the second I started reading it.

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
This was a great story. It was very well written and interesting. Although I can find nothing wrong with it, I would like to make a suggestion that might add more to the story.

How you wrote the demon made me think he was playful in a sadistic way. I would imagine the demon toying with his victims making them think they can get away or fight him and win. My suggestion would be to add something to the beginning that involves this idea a bit. In my opion, the beginning was the weakest part of the story and needed a little something.

This is just a suggestion. If you disagree, you don't have to change a thing. I almost rather you didn't change anything. It is a great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's short, but powerful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. From the first word, I was completely attached. This is really frightening stuff! Well done! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


all in all a wonderful and extreme deep meaning loved it

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh my god... I loved that I don'tknow wether to sob or laugh at the truth behind it all. I understand.... ahhhh... I'm so overwhelmed i don't even know ho wto tell you... WELL DONE!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dear God...
Wow
:3

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very creative and I would agree with Megan Step. The mental state of a suicidal girl or boy must be just as you have written, to get rid of personal torment represented by the demon. Clearly you have never experienced anything of this sort for you are alive to write this, but it is written with clarity and informatively. The image illustrated of the tormented girl is so vivid but more impressively you have captured her mental state. Magnífico!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Frightening but very well written!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1490 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 10, 2012

Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by emma