Chapter 9 - Surprise Meeting

Chapter 9 - Surprise Meeting

A Chapter by emma

When I woke up that morning, everyone else was still asleep. I poked Skye, waking her, and led her upstairs. We tip-toed to my bedroom, and I closed the door behind us.

 

“Skye, we need to talk about last night, okay?” I said.

 

She wouldn’t look at me. Her mess of hair was sticking up and was plastered to her face. A tear escaped her eye and touched her bright red cheek.

 

“He’ll just kiss you like that, but won’t even talk about the breakup with me?” She sounded broken.

 

I hugged her. “Skye. It’s going to be okay. I promise.”

 

She resisted my embrace and shrugged me off. “You kissed him, Andrea.”

 

I was taken aback. “No I didn’t! He kissed me! And it was just a dare!”

 

She cleared her throat. “You didn’t pull away.”

 

“Skye,” I cried. “I was in shock! It’s not everyday your best guy friend kisses you! I’m sorry!” I had to pause to catch my raspy breath. “Please don’t be mad.”

 

Skye shook her head. “Tell me if you think its normal that a girl will dare her boyfriend to kiss another girl.”

 

“I guess its not.”

 

“Why would she do that? It’s like she wants to torture me.”

 

“Skye . . .”

 

“Please don’t make me do this again, Andrea. Please don’t make me pretend to be friends with a girl I hate.”

 

“I won’t. Never again.” I would say just about anything to make Skye not hate me.

 

She sighed shakily. “Okay.”

 

We hugged for real this time, and she cried into my shoulder about how much she missed Chase and how much she hated Annabelle. The whole time she was crying, I was thinking, why would Annabelle want her boyfriend to kiss me?

 

 


After everyone left, I went and did some errands for grandma. She wanted to try cooking again, even though every time she’s ever tried she almost set the house on fire. But I went out and bought her bread and cheese and butter and all this other stuff so she could cook something. Hey, who knows? Maybe it’ll even be good!

 

After I paid for everything, I started walking back home. The morning air was cool enough that I could see my breath when I breathed out. A few birds chirped, and a little sunlight shone through the throng of gray clouds in the sky. Gravel crunched regularly under my feet as I walked on top of it.

 

As I walked past a park, something caught my eye. A group of people were doing stupid bike tricks off of the slides and other equipment. When one of them landed a trick, everyone else hooted and hollered and cheered. When one of them messed up and face-planted into the sand, everyone else hooted and hollered and cheered, but it seemed more aggressive.

 

I got closer and saw that they were all boys. Every single one of them.

 

Well, it all makes sense now, I thought sarcastically. But I noticed one of them in particular, someone who had a familiar voice when he hollered. I squinted to see better, and of course, it was Nate. I tried to make myself start walking away, but just as I was about to turn away, he loaded himself onto a bike and I had to watch.

 

And he did it so dramatically. I swear it was like he was mounting his black and red iron steed in slow motion. And then he clipped on his helmet, giving his friends a stern look that said, I’ll see you on the other side, man. Then he pushed himself off the equipment, and he rode right off the blue slide. He pulled up as the slide ended, and went flying through the air. I watched in awe as he crashed face-first in the sand.

 

I felt trapped. Should I go help him? Should I stay put? In the end, I started walking towards the park slowly. I was greeted by a group of maybe ten teenage boys, who all looked at me as if I were an alien. Or naked. A naked alien.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked Nate hesitantly, having a hard time processing that there were ten guys watching my every move.

 

I watched as Nate rolled over lightning-quick at the sound of my voice. It was kind of funny. His bottom lip was swollen, and he had two long, bleeding slashes across his left cheek. His gray eyes were panicked.

 

“Andrea?” he asked, then shook his head. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

“You guys know each other?” a voice in the crowd of testosterone asked in disbelief.

 

“Barely,” I answered before Nate could say anything. “Okay. Well, just came to see if you were okay.”

 

I turned away and started heading back to the road, but some kid with chestnut brown hair stepped in my way.

 

“Name’s Wilson. And I believe the idiot over there--” Wilson gestured at Nate. “--said your name was Andrea.”

 

I was shocked. This kid was seriously going to try hitting on me? I had no clue what to say.

 

Brilliantly, I mustered, “Uh.”

 

Some of the boys from the group chuckled.

 

“You come here often?” Wilson asked and waggled his eyebrows at me.

 

Annoyance simmered in me. “Okay, listen up. You might as well stop trying to hit on me because it’s not working. At all. If anything, it’s turning me off.”

 

Wilson looked hurt and hobbled away with his head down. I stomped away, angry with myself now. Why was I such a jerk? I walked all the way back to the road before I noticed that Nate had followed me.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked.

 

“Yes. Go away.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Really?”

 

I whirled around and looked him right in the eye. “Oh my God, yes! Leave me alone!”

 

He backed away as if I’d slapped him. Oh, crap. I was making everything worse!

 

I sighed. “Sorry. Bad mood.”

 

He nodded. “I hear ya. Had a pretty rough day myself. Let me tell you, sand does not taste good, despite it’s appeal.”

 

Surprisingly, I laughed. Nate smiled at me, and I couldn’t help but notice how cute he was when he smiled. He had amazing dimples. Seriously, I’d kill for his smile. I saw some movement behind Nate and saw all his little buddies walking our way. I shook my head and snapped out of my daze.

 

“Okay, I have to go. Bye.”

 

I turned and walked away without and further explanations, and ignored Nate’s pleads to stop. I turned a corner and continued on. I was in an alley now, and it was dingy and gross. I plugged my nose so I wouldn’t have to smell the garbage-y stench.

 

Something rustled behind a garbage can. My heart raced. I turned just in time to see the ghombie emerge from behind an old, rusty garbage can. It lunged for me. 



© 2011 emma


Author's Note

emma
hehehe cliff hangers are fun to write! okay, i don't think this is one of the best chapters. i had a hard time naming it. tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Eek! Ghombie attack! and d'awww dimples :P

OMG A NAKED ALIEN! oh wait, it's just a bird.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wait I thought Nate was really a ghombie! *stupid me* LOL yeeeesh now I have to read the NEXT chapter! ROFL I personally wonder what Annabella is like...um...I really dunno LOL a villian (that forces Skye and chase back together?!??!)
~jasmine thousand~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Still loved it, and of course.. you left me hanging. dang it , guess i gotta keep reading;) well i can't stop anyway cause i love it too much. and i love nate, he sounds adorable!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The way you described the group of boys! Just every time you mentioned them made my night! Lolz, did he seriously just say 'you come here often?'
Then the ghombie came and there was a super gasp that woke up my sister and got a pillow thrown at me. THanks for that. Love your book! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


THIS CHAPTER STARTED OFF FUNNY! WHY?!?! WHY YOU DO THIS? okay, um, sorry about that. mostly funny chapter, love Andrea. I know i said i'd leave better feedback, but you left a cliff hanger, come on, what's up with that?

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the romantic entanglement you have going on with this chapter...It seems like everyone is in love with Chase! He must be one very special guy...but, here comes Nate...maybe he'll steal away alittle crush from Chase?.. ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I just stopped reading to tell you how awsome it is so I'm moving on to the next chapter cannot wait to read more

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how you started i out, and I like the middle, and the ending. Basically, I like it! Skye is really in love with Chase and hurt at the kiss, its emotional!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome!!! WRITE MORE!!! I totally can't wait for the next chapter!! Why do I have the feeling Nate's going to follow her into the Ghombie-inhabited alleyway?

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wanna steal Nate.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

694 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 14, 2011
Last Updated on November 14, 2011

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by emma