Chapter 12 - Traitorous Lips

Chapter 12 - Traitorous Lips

A Chapter by emma

I was still in a bad mood when I got home. I shoved into my house, grumbling to myself, and was very surprised to see Chase and my grandmother step out of the living room.

 

“Chase? What are you doing here?” I asked, dumbfounded.

 

“I need to talk to you.” His voice was more serious than I’d ever heard it.

 

I nodded. “My room.”

 

He followed me upstairs to my room silently, and I began to worry. He usually couldn’t stay quiet for more than two minutes. When my bedroom door was closed, he began talking so fast I could barely understand him.

 

“Okay, Annabelle and I had a fight, and it was really stupid, but I got so mad at her that I broke up with her and now I--”

 

I interrupted, “Wait, what? You broke up with Annabelle? What was the fight about?”

 

“Our kiss the other night.”

 

I felt my face flush. I touched my cheek, and sure enough, heat radiated off of me. “Uh.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Awkward silence settled in the air between us for a few minutes, but soon I broke it out of sheer nosiness.

 

“Why were you fighting about the kiss?”

 

Chase sighed. “Annabelle was getting all possessive and saying that I shouldn’t have kissed you. I said she dared me to. And then it just got into this whole big thing about if I even valued her as a girlfriend, and I guess I just got mad and broke up with her.”

 

The whole time he had been talking, he had been closer and closer to me. I opened my arms and gave him a big, friendly bear hug, but then he murmured something into my ear.

 

“I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you, Drey. I think we’d make a good couple.”

 

He pulled out of our hug, then leaned back in to press his lips to mine. I was, again, so shocked I did nothing at first. But this time, Chase tried to make it more of a real kiss than just a peck. I almost kissed back, but then I remembered Skye. Oh, God, poor Skye.

 

But I still couldn’t seem to pull away. He tasted so good. Like mint. Our lips seemed to fit together nicely, unlike Kyle Langsworth’s and mine. Chase cupped my face with his hands, and I surrendered to his kiss. But the whole time I felt guilty. And it was a horrible, gut wrenching guilt. The kind that makes the weak stomached throw up. And yet I still didn’t stop kissing Chase. He was just so comfortable, and familiar. Not to mention his lips were incredibly soft.

 

I wonder if Nate’s lips are this soft.

 

I stiffened. Where the hell did that thought come from? Its not like I was ever going to kiss Nate anyways, so why was I thinking about the condition his lips were in? That stupid little thought was finally enough to get myself away from Chase.

 

“What are you doing?” I screamed. I distanced myself from Chase by taking three big steps away.

 

He laughed. “The same thing you were doing. Kissing.”

 

I shook my head. “But, why?”

 

“I wanted to.”

 

“No! You can’t!” I was going hysterical.

 

“Why not?” Amusement glittered in Chase’s green eyes.

 

“Because of Skye!” It slipped out. “She still loves you!”

 

Chase’s face twisted. He looked uncomfortable, but then forced another smile. “That has nothing to do with our relationship.”

 

I was shocked. Did he really just say that? “It has a lot to do with our relationship! I can’t be with you if Skye still wants you.”

 

Chase closed the space between us and grabbed my hands. “Don’t say that. It can be our little secret.”

 

I slid my fingers out of his. “I think it’s time for you to go, Chase.” I pointed to the door.

 

“But you kissed me back!”

 

“That was a mistake. I’m sorry.”

 

After that, he left without saying anything. I collapsed onto my bed and began to cry. I couldn’t believe I’d just done that. Chase was my friend. And he had never been anything else. This was absurd! I couldn’t even process it. I touched my swollen lips gently, silently cursing them. They were such traitors.

 

I sighed and sobbed at the same time. Things just got a lot more complicated. Was that even possible? 


Apparently it was. 


My phone chimed from my back pocket. The Collar ID read 'Skye.' Oh, how was I supposed to tell her about this? I couldn't. She'd hate me. I cleared my throat and forced myself to sound cheery and not depressed. 


"Hello?"


"Andrea! Guess what? Chase just called me and said he and Annabelle broke up! How amazing is that?" 


It was really hard to fake surprise. "Really? That's great! Well, for you."


"I know! And that's not even the best part. He asked me to go out for coffee or something on Saturday!" 


Why would he do that? Was he a big enough jerk that he was going to try and get back together with Skye just after he kissed me? I didn't think so. What if he was going to tell her?

"And you said yes?" 

"Duh!" She exclaimed. "Of course I did! I'm so excited! Do you think he wants to get back together?" 

"Maybe," I replied weakly. I couldn't muster anything better. 

"Oh my God, Drey, this is what I've been waiting for!" 

Poor girl, didn't even know her heart was about to be broken all over again. I struggled to tell her. It'd be better if she heard it from me, but I couldn't cough out the words. So I ended up congratulating her over and over again, even though I knew it was all a lie. 



© 2011 emma


Author's Note

emma
Bad Chase. And Bad Andrea's Lips! haha, oh man this is getting so fun to write about. i love drama. anyways, thanks for all the reviews and enjoy!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Chase you jerk! What the heck are you doing!? And I wanna know why they're being taught ghombies aren't realllll... must read on! I might stay up all night for this.. jeez.. My reviews are getting progressively worse, methinks.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh Chase really IS a jerk! (I think) LOL
~jasmine~

Posted 12 Years Ago


woah woah WOAH! totally wasn't expecting that! i started to get tears in my eyes. that was so intense and powerful! favourite chapter so far:) this book is amazing, i love the drama in it! lOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ahhhhhh! This was crazy! The whole time I was like.....WHHOAAA

Posted 12 Years Ago


love it!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh geez Chase, what are you--hey! What happened to the rest of the chapters?! This book was meant to be infinite! There's all this relationship problem to be solved and Nate and the Ghombies! I need more because of reasons!

Posted 12 Years Ago


wait, there is no more, there has to be more!! it's a lovely horrible amazing story with which i have developed I love hate relationship which is simply ridiculous, you must write more. so: Skye wants Chase, Chase wants Andrea, Andrea wants Nate wan't his ex... who, just for the sake of it, probably wants a guy that wants skye, so that things can go full circle (atuallly, to include everyone, the guy should like anabelle, and she should like a guy wholikes skye, except that anabelle probably still likes Chase, through she has got to be pissed at him.

Posted 12 Years Ago


damn Chase is a player...jokes but i like the drama going on. I still kinda want Andrea and Nate to get together... and i wonder how Skye is going to take the news

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT
Luv it!! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


lol you may love writing drama, but its another thing to live it. Really cool though, set me right in the scene very good at words EmmaClaire!! I should like to actually go back and read the rest sometime, sounds really good! Keep at it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

738 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 19, 2011
Last Updated on November 19, 2011

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..