Chapter 18 - Seeking Help

Chapter 18 - Seeking Help

A Chapter by emma

Of course, when I woke up, I remembered that it was school day. I sat up so fast that my back cracked uncomfortably and I yelped in pain. I flopped back onto the floor, and took it slowly. I sat up at snail-pace, and my back didn’t crack again. But it did still hurt from the first time I had attempted to sit up.

 

I rushed upstairs and checked the time: 7:47am. What? How had I gotten up on time without an alarm clock? I shrugged off my good luck and decided I didn’t have enough time to shower. I addressed the mop on my head that was my hair, and brushed it so violently that a tuff of hair was on my hairbrush when I was done. It was gross.

 

I applied makeup sloppily. I hadn’t worn much recently, and I really needed to get back in the habit. I always felt way more self-conscious without makeup on. I hastily put on eyeliner and mascara, then exited the bathroom to get dressed. I attempted making my outfit match, but soon realized that that was impossible. So I settled for a plaid three-quarter length shirt, skinny jeans that hugged my legs perfectly, and polka dot socks. Looking in the mirror, I didn’t think I looked half bad until I threw on my purple and yellow sweatshirt with the cute little cartoon monkeys on it. I honestly didn’t care all that much.

 

Classes started at 9:00, and it was already 8:40. I dashed out the door and jogged lightly to school, not wanting to burn too much energy. When I got there, I still had about five minutes to kill before the bell rang. I decided to go to the washroom and freshen up, since I had sweat a little bit on my jog.

 

The bathroom wasn’t anything special. Even though on TV they might portray that girls get pink toilet paper and rose-smelling soap, but none of that is true. It’s just an average high school washroom. There was no one else there when I went in, probably because I used the one on the third floor. My locker and first class are located there, so it only makes sense that I would use that one. I wet my hands with cold water, and wiped my hand on my brow. I sighed at the cooler feeling I had after that. I redid my hair, and touched up my sloppy makeup job, making it look twice as nice.

 

One of the stall doors screeched open. I turned and screamed when a ghombie emerged from the stall. It rushed at me, placed a cold hand over my mouth, and whispered in my ear, “Shh.”

 

I screamed again, but the ghombie tightened its grip on me. I let the yell die out, seeing there would be no stopping it. The ghombie smelled my neck, and let its tongue fall out of its mouth. It’s tongue slid over my skin, making me shiver. I tried to squirm away, but its grip was too tight.

 

This was one male. He had jet black hair, and a long scar along his right cheek. His eyes were already blazing red. I tried once more to escape from his grasp, but he reacted by sinking his teeth into my flesh. Pain erupted from the spot on my neck where his teeth had bitten in. He swallowed some blood, and I began crying out in agony. My cries were still muffled by his hand. All colour erased and I was in the eerie white world once again. I didn’t fight anymore, and just let my soul transport into his dead body.

 

 


The bathroom floor was dusty. It was kind of gross just lying there, and I pushed up. There was some blonde girl primping herself in the mirror, and I almost turned away and left, but that was until I saw who it was. Clarissa Flory. I kicked her as hard as I could, but since she couldn’t see me, it didn’t matter. It was like I wasn’t even there, and to her, I wasn’t.

 

I shoved out of the bathroom, peeved that I couldn’t physically harm anyone, and searched for a clock. It was only 8:58. The ghombie still had basically two whole hours to do whatever he wanted in my body. I groaned, but no one in the bustling halls heard. What if he did something bad? He obviously wasn’t going to go to class. So what else would a ghombie do in a school other than cause mischief?

 

Anger swept through me. It wasn’t fair that Nate never got possessed, only me. He was a ghombie whisperer, too. Nate! Maybe he would be able to help me reverse the possession or something. Too bad I had no idea what his class schedule was. I didn’t even know what floor he was on. I screamed in frustration. No one heard me, of course.

 

I waited a few minutes after the bell, then began scouring through every single classroom on the third floor for Nate. When I had no luck there, I tried the second floor, then the first. Of course his classroom was the last one I checked on the first floor. That’s how unlucky I am.

 

I nervously watched him through the classroom’s open door, then I realized I was only visible to him. So I waltzed on into the classroom, and laughed when Nate’s eyes bulged. The teacher didn’t react, and I didn’t expect him to. I kicked and punched the teacher, and watched Nate’s expression carefully. He looked around frantically to his peers, wanting someone else to see the girl kicking the teacher.

 

Oops. Correction: boy. I was in a boy’s body at the moment.

 

I walked slowly from the front of the classroom and to Nate’s desk. His face had paled, and beads of sweat formed on his brow. He was breathing heavier and heavier every step closer I took to him.

 

“I suggest you excuse yourself. Right now,” I told him.

 

“Why?” he whispered. The people around him shot him weird looks, and by then he must’ve figured out I was invisible to everyone else.

 

“Because I told you to.” I enjoyed being in control just a bit too much.

 

He swallowed hard, and raised his hand. “Mr. Masters? Can I use the washroom?”

 

His teacher gave him an annoyed look, but held out a hall pass for him. Nate rushed up, thanked his teacher, then practically bolted out of the classroom. I laughed, knowing no one else could hear me. I followed him out of the classroom and found him breathing hard against the wall.

 

“Bathroom.” I started walking to the bathroom without checking to see he was following. I knew he was.

 

I pushed into the washroom and instantly felt like a daredevil. I was a girl, and I was in the guy’s washroom, and no one was able to give me weird looks. It was such a rush. The second the door closed, I ended my façade and turned serious.

“Nate. This is Andrea.” I watched his look of shock. “I’ve been possessed . . . as you can see.”

 

“No way.” Really? That’s all you’re going to say?

 

“Yeah. I need your help. I want to go back to my body, but I don’t know how.”

 

“And you think I might be able to help?” he asked.

 

I shrugged. “You’re the only option I’ve got.”

 

He smiled. “Say please.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Please.”

 

“Now say you’ll worship me forever if I help.”

 

“Screw you.”

 

He laughed, but tried to hide it, and feigned seriousness. “Oh, Andrea, that won’t get you anywhere.”

 

I gave him an evil glare, but it didn’t feel right since I wasn’t in my own body. “Too bad. Help, please.”

 

He gave me a look, but his smile was a dead give-away that he would help. “Fine.”

 

I grinned. “Thanks, Nate. Really.”

 

He gave me a look that said a lot of different things. Such as, “No problem”, “what am I doing?” and “how am I going to do this?”

 

It was kind of cool to see so many different emotions packed tightly into two little eyeballs.



© 2011 emma


Author's Note

emma
whoo, number 18! this is actually pretty long...well, compared to everything else i've ever posted. hope you're enjoying:)! review?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my. My oh my. She was lucky no one else was in that bathroom because even if they couldn't see her, she could see them. I like this twist with nate though :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


awwww it was SO CUTE!!! I loved it!! WOW 18th chapter already?!?!? So I've given 19 reveiws!! WOW!!! well then... *reads next chapter*
~jasmine thousand~

Posted 12 Years Ago


:D Ghombie possession and Nate has to help, can't wait to see how this is gonna work

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT
Woot! Plot's getting thick. Love it! Excellent job as usual, my dear! ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nate and Andrea are both ghombie whisperers. THEY NEED TO BE IN LOVE NOW.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow this was really good. I need moree!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The next chapter! I need it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


it's so freaking AWESOME !!! kk this is all i got i love nate and i so cant wait to read more

Posted 12 Years Ago


OH MY GOSH FAMAZING!!!! I can't wait!! I wanna see how he gets Andrea backk....or if he does....

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

556 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 1, 2011
Last Updated on December 1, 2011

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by emma