Chapter 30 - Where Is She?

Chapter 30 - Where Is She?

A Chapter by emma

-Skye-

 

Dean and I walked all the way to our graveyard; the one Andrea, Chase and I had deemed ours. Dean and I were walking pretty close, and the extra heat from his body was appreciated. His breath came in short chops of fog, and so did mine. We joked the entire way over, mostly about how Andrea was going to instantly “fall in irrevocable love with him.” Every time I mentioned him and her as a couple, he’d wring his hands. I wondered if it was a nervous tick I’d never noticed before, or if he genuinely thought he and Andrea had the potential to be a couple. Sorry, Dean, but she’s taken.

 

Andrea wasn’t there when we arrived at the graveyard. I checked the time, and it was already ten minutes past five. We sat on the old bench near the back, and I cast a heat spell over us to keep warm. We sat in silence, waiting, for a minute or two before Dean broke it by burping.

 

I laughed. “You are disgusting, you know that?”

 

He grinned. “I really don’t care, Blue.”

 

I leaned into him a little, and let myself relax. If I really concentrated, I could pretend he was Chase, and we hadn’t broken up, and everything was fine. But I knew it wasn’t. After about ten minutes passed, I texted Andrea. Then called her. She didn’t reply, and I began to get nervous. Where was she?

 

“Why isn’t she answering?” Dean asked me.

 

I shook my head. “No clue. She said she’d be here.”

 

Dean grinned. “Nah, you knew she wasn’t. You just wanted to get me off campus . . . alone.”

 

I laughed, despite my worry. “Yeah, that’s it, Deany.”

 

“I’m seriously thinking about killing you for that right now, Skye.”

 

I fake gasped. “You called me by my name! You must be completely serious here.”

 

Dean gave me an overdone look of confidence. “I am.”

 

I laughed and punched him lightly, then turned back to my phone. I decided to call Andrea’s house, thinking her phone may have died or something.

 

On the first ring someone answered the phone.

 

“Andrea?” asked her grandmother, a nervous edge in her voice.

 

“No, this is Skye. Where’s Andrea?”

 

Her grandmother took a long breath of air. “Hello, dear. I don’t know where she is; I thought maybe she was with you. Or her new boyfriend.”

 

I was shocked silent. Would she be with Nate? Was she already ditching her old life for him? I didn’t think so, but I wasn’t sure.

 

“Well, she’s not with me. I’ll look around, try and find her boyfriend. I’ll call you back, Pricilla.”

 

“Thank you, darling. Good luck.”

 

We disconnected, and I turned to Dean. “Her grandmother thinks she’s with her boyfriend. We have to find her.”

 

Dean’s green eyes clouded over, like the way they did when he knew the situation had turned serious. “Okay. Where are we looking?”

 

Dean was the best. He was just going to go along and help me find Andrea, when he didn’t even know her. He wasn’t questioning it. I pulled him into a hug, one that was usually accompanied by a waterfall of tears and me dumping all my problems on his shoulders. But this time I just held him, letting my action thank him.

 

I pulled back and smiled at him. “Thanks, Dean. You’re a great friend.”

He nodded. “Okay, I know, I’m awesome. But can we get back to our task?”

 

I felt my lips tilt up. “Sure. I think we should check the school, she had detention recently.”

 

“I thought you said she was a good kid, not some delinquent.”

 

“She is good! I think it’s her boyfriend. They just got together, and so far she’s had detention, punched someone in a restaurant, and is now missing.”

 

“Sounds like he’s a terrible influence,” Dean said.

 

I nodded. “That’s what I think, too. She’s been acting crazy and reckless lately, and I don’t like it.”

 

“Skye, you should talk with her about it if you think you need to. If you’re worried, then something’s up.”

 

I sighed. “Its not that easy, Dean. She always told me Chase was a bad influence on me when we were dating, but I never listened. I was drowing in love, Dean. I couldn’t see past him and I did anything to get closer to him. I’m expecting that she’s in the same boat right now.”

 

Dean patted my back, but said nothing. I took a deep breath. “Okay, we have to get going. To the school.”

 

“Okay,” was all he said.

 

 

There were no cars in the school parking lot. It seemed like everything was locked up, which was sort of odd since it was just past 5:30. But I suppose teachers have lives, too. I think, anyways. We circled around the building, hoping she and Nate would be making out behind the school or something. They weren’t there, but something else was. A phone. Andrea’s phone. It was just lying there on the pavement, completely forgotten. I ran up to it and clicked on the home button.

 

The screen flared to life, and I was greeted by a picture of Andrea and I smiling, our arms around each other’s necks. It was an older picture, taken at least a few months ago. Maybe summer. There was a message at the bottom of the screen, saying she had over ten texts and five missed calls. I clicked the messages button and read all of her texts. Most were from Nate and I, but there was one from Chase. It read: “me you and skye. we need to meet up.” I exited the messages section and checked out her missed calls. Two from Nate, one from me and two from her grandmother.

 

Dean came up behind me and stared at the phone over my shoulder. “What does this mean?”

 

“She’s not with Nate, that’s for sure. Maybe with Chase.” I choked on his name.

 

I pulled up her contacts list and selected Chase. I hit the call button and waited for him to answer.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Is Andrea there?” I asked, my voice shaky.

 

“Who is this? Skye?” Chase sounded somewhat panicked.

 

“Yes. Andrea hasn’t been answering her phone, and I need to know if she’s with you.”

 

“No, she’s not. I don’t think she’d want to see me alone.” Chase sounded like he wanted sympathy, but he was getting none.

 

“Well, she’s been gone all afternoon.”

 

“Oh. Well is she with her boyfriend?” Chase asked, a new poison in his tone.

 

“Already checked, genius, and he hasn’t seen her.”

 

“You sure?”

 

I thought about it. “Well, not one hundred percent.”

 

“Figure it out then, Skye! I’m going to go to her house, come over when you’re done with her boyfriend.”

 

Before I could get another word in, he hung up. It twisted my stomach into painful knots to know he didn’t even care about me enough to say goodbye. Without saying anything to Dean, I called Nate.

 

He answered with, “Andrea?”

 

“This is Skye, her friend. Is she with you?”

 

“No! She hasn’t even texted me all afternoon.”

 

I sucked in a deep breath. “Meet me at her house. We have to talk about this, because she’s missing. No one knows where she is.”

“I’m sick,” Nate said.

 

“Well, then I guess you can’t come. But we won’t be able to keep you posted, then.”

 

“I’ll be there,” Nate said, then hung up.


I snapped the phone shut angrily. What happened to goodbyes in this world?



© 2011 emma


Author's Note

emma
okay, third chapter out today :D! so now its going to get interesting, since they are all meeting up at Andrea's house ... oh God. anyways, loving the feedback, you guys are so awesome, and i'll make sure to keep the chapters coming. enjoy;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh no! Andrea, you can't die! I mean, maybe Chase could, or even another main side character, but not you! Oh wait, there are many chapters left... If she died there probably wouldn't be so many... yes!

Posted 11 Years Ago


OMG!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT
Ooohhh I'm getting the feeling that Chase and Nate are going to have a conflict in the next chapter!! ;) Love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm really excited to see Skye, Dean, Nate, and Chase meet up and figure out where Andrea is!

Posted 12 Years Ago


i must say, im a bit scared for when you switch back to Andrea's perspective! Anyways, I liked how you've been switching up perspectives, makes it pretty interesting! still waiting for Chase's perspective, i think that one would make the most interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


OKAY so freaking AWESOME !!! I love these characters and this book. She is kidnapped, cant wait to see what happens.

Posted 12 Years Ago


ANDREAS KIDNAPPED!!! GO SAVE HER WILL YOU ALREADY!?!?! Ahhhh post more!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ohhh my gosh....*panicked circles* Andrea's been kidnapped and Nate shouldn't get out of bed and ohhh my gosh! Somebody find her!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

465 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 25, 2011
Last Updated on December 25, 2011

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


101 101

A Poem by paparapapa


One Simple Cut One Simple Cut

A Poem by emma