Chapter 31 - An Old Memory

Chapter 31 - An Old Memory

A Chapter by emma

-Chase-

 

I kicked at a particularily large rock as I walked towards Andrea’s house. I grumbled to myself about how impractical this all was. She was probably at the library or something, and had just forgotten to call. She was going to be fine, and all of the rest of us were going to look like idiots for showing up to her house.

 

I knocked on the giant door. Pricilla opened it within seconds, and I felt a subtle pain in my chest when I noticed she was crying. I stepped inside and pulled the frail woman into a comforting embrace. Her gray hair tickled my cheeks slightly as she rested her head on my shoulder.

 

“Thanks for coming, Chase. I know it’s been hard between you and Andrea and Skye lately.”

 

I swallowed a lump in my throat when she mentioned Andrea’s name. “I didn’t have a choice, Pricilla. Andrea’s my best friend.” Friend. What a horrid word.

 

She squeezed me tight for a second, then led me into the living room. Everything looked the same, nothing was changed. The only thing missing was Andrea in one of the chairs, her smile so wide that everything around her dimmed in comparison. I held back a deep sigh. I needed to keep it together since Skye was coming. I needed to impress her.

 

“Do you need anything, Chase dear?” Pricilla asked.

 

I shook my head. “No thanks. I’m fine.”

 

She gestured to one of the chairs. “Please sit.”

 

I sat on the couch. The very one we’d been sitting on when Andrea had first rested her head on my shoulder. It was probably the fourth or fifth grade, and she was sad. I couldn’t remember why. Something about a boy in our class who’d hurt her feelings. Andrea had been crying, and I had awkwardly patted her on the back. She leaned into me and rested her head on my shoulder, and cried right there. I whispered unconvincing words of encouragement, and eventually she stopped crying and just cuddled against me. That was when I knew she needed me for comfort, and I needed her for the chance to be a hero.

 

The doorbell rang, and Pricilla rushed to get it. I heard Skye’s soft “hello” and despite everything, my stomach knotted up. Then I heard a deeper voice, one that could only be male. Was Andrea’s boyfriend already here? I leapt to my feet and basically ran to the door.

 

Skye’s eyes lit up when she saw me, but then she looked away. She turned to look at the brown haired boy with broad shoulders who was making his way through the door.

 

“Hi, Chase,” Skye called. I looked her way and met her gaze without faltering. “This is Dean.”

 

I waved nonchalantly. “You’re Andrea’s boyfriend?”

 

He smirked. “No, I’m Skye’s.”

 

My eyes widened. “What?”

 

Skye laughed, but it sounded forced. She punched the boy playfully. “He’s kidding. He’s my friend. He wanted to come with me, so I let him.”

 

“So you aren’t dating?” I asked. I needed clarification.

 

“No, we aren’t,” she said and smiled challengingly at the boy.

 

He grinned. “Sorry, I can’t resist a good joke.”

 

“Well you should have been able to hold back that one because it wasn’t good at all. It was a horrible attempt at humour that fell flat,” I said icily.

 

Skye scrunched her eyebrows together, like she sometimes did when she was immensely confused. I just glared at the boy--Dean--and tried not to say anything. Dean stared right back, his gaze unwavering.

 

Skye touched his arm gently, and he turned to her. “Dean lets go sit.”

 

He nodded and followed her into the living room. As I watched them walk, I noticed he was so close to her that their bodies brushed every few steps. I wasn’t sure, but I was thinking there was some sort of meaning there other than being friends. Jealousy crawled up my spine, and I hated it. Why was I jealous of this loser? He was just a guy that meant nothing to me, and I didn’t need to be jealous of him. So why was I?

 

The doorbell rang again, and since Pricilla was getting to know Dean, I answered. There was a blonde boy in a raggedy old t-shirt and sweatpants standing there, leaning heavily against the house. His hair was messy and unkempt, and I wondered who the hell he was.

 

“Who are you?” I asked.

 

“I’m Nate, Andrea’s boyfriend.”

 

Anger flowed through my veins, and I had to really restrain myself from lashing out and punching him. Why would she choose him over me?

 

“I’m Chase, Andrea’s--” I broke off, wondering if I still had the right to call her best friend. “--friend,” I finished.

 

He nodded. “Can I come in? I’m freezing.”

 

I let him in, but then held him back before he could get into the hallway. “Now listen here, Nate. You had better take good care of Andrea, or God help me I will hunt you down and shoot you.”

 

He gave me a steely gaze. “Shoot me? Isn’t it manlier to beat me to a pulp? Oh, wait, you’re obviously not man enough, so shooting is okay.”

 

I was about to murder the kid when Pricilla walked in. “Oh! You’re the boy Andrea kissed on the porch!”

 

Nate maneuvered around me and greeted Pricilla. “Yep, that’s me. Pleased to meet you.”


I scowled as he made his way into the living room with Pricilla. She didn’t even notice me standing there, and it hurt to be ignored. I sadly walked into the living room, feeling like I was just an old memory that was soon to be forgotten forever.



© 2011 emma


Author's Note

emma
sorry this chapter isn't all that exciting. and finally a Chase chapter! and don't worry, within the next five chapters it will be Andrea's POV again. thanks again for all the reviews, and enjoy! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I still can't stand him.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awwwhhhhh

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT
Great chapter! I knew there would be a testosterone battle! lol ;) Anyways, I can't wait for more!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Chase's chapter was very interesting! good to see things from his side a little more so he can defend himself after we've been reading Skye and Andrea's POV, both of them bashing on him. he might deserve it, but i can see Chase is just hurt and reflecting it in the wrong way.
anyways, another nice chapter. hopefully soon we'll find out what's happened to Andrea soon! hurry and get more chapters:]

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dean, I can tell you're are smokin' hot! Chase, why are you so mean and cute at the same time?!?!?! Nate, stay awesome!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I feel a little bad for Chase, but then again, he's been a meanie-head recently. He needs to get things straight with himself. And I love how Nate talked back to him!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I actually feel sorry for him in this chapter. (as in Chase) That that's not normal. But still. I think he jealous. Obviously. And I really want them to rescue Andrea!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase is any angry angry person. *shakes head sadly*

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked it... Chase is not that bad of a guy, just needs to control his emotions... he had no right to threaten Nate but still made it all the more enjoyable. Great chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

668 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 26, 2011
Last Updated on December 26, 2011

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..