Chapter 36 - She Used to Be Like Me

Chapter 36 - She Used to Be Like Me

A Chapter by emma

-Andrea-

 

Falling into Camille’s arms became as easy as remembering my own name. After every time I was possessed, Camille would comfort me and let me cry into her dirty shirt. And when she got back from a possession, I would let her cry in my arms. It was a vicious cycle of screaming, possessions and crying.

 

White came by every once in a while to check on us and make sure we weren’t plotting or something. I had nicknamed the white-eyed ghombie White, for obvious reasons. I know I haven’t been here that long, but I’ve already been through three possessions, all as painful as the first. I still didn’t know where I was, and I wanted more than anything to see Nate and kiss him. I’d only gotten the chance to kiss him once before, and for a second. I needed my boyfriend. I just needed him.

 

I let myself cry out and Camille wrapped her arms tighter around me. “It’s okay, Andrea.”

 

“No, it’s not. We’re going to die,” I whimpered.

 

Camille didn’t fight with me about that, which only made everything worse. White suddently jerked open the door, and blinding light flooded the cell. He had a limp body in his arms, and I felt myself empathizing with how painful it must be to be touching that ghombie. White threw the body onto the ground at our feet, face down. It was a boy, I could tell by the build. Camille and I waited for White to close the door before we crawled to him. We turned him over, and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw his face. Bloodied, bruised and battered, but still my Nate.

 

“Nate,” I choked out. I stared at him, unable to believe what I was seeing.

 

Camille studied me. “You know him?”

 

A tear rolled off my cheek. “He’s my boyfriend.”

 

That’s when it all really registered: Nate was here, and was unconscious. “Oh my God! He’s bleeding!”

 

Camille rolled her eyes, but said nothing. I ripped off his blue sweater and began tearing it into pieces. I wrapped it around his head, praying it would be enough to stop the wound from bleeding more. I laid my head on his chest, and hugged him. I tried to stop myself from crying more, but tears slicked my cheeks.

 

“Nate,” I muttered.

 

 

 

I must’ve fallen asleep, because the next thing I knew I was screaming in pain. White’s hand was clamped around my wrist, and I felt Nate stir underneath me.

 

“Get up, Princess,” White growled.

 

I wanted to stay with Nate, but I couldn’t handle any more than just White’s hand touching my skin. So I stood. He yanked me out of the cell and down the hall. Standing in the doorway of the room with the bars on the windows was a ghombie I’d never seen before. She had long, thick, brown hair that cascaded down past her shoulders. Her nose was small and her face sleek. If she weren’t a ghombie, I’d think she was pretty.

 

“She’s all yours, Jolie. Already weak enough for you,” White said and shoved me towards her.

 

Then he left the room and slammed the door shut behind him. I crumpled to the floor and started to cry. My hair tumbled into my eyes, and I didn’t move it away when I spoke shakily.

 

“Just possess me and get it over with already,” I muttered.

 

Jolie knelt next to me, and I braced myself for the bite. Her cold fingers stroked my neck, but they were nothing compared to the intense glacial touch of White’s skin. I felt Jolie’s breath on my neck, but she hesitated. Then she pulled away entirely.

 

“No, I can’t. I can’t do this,” she whispered to herself. I heard a slight accent.

 

I looked up and saw her staring at the floor, tears prickling her eyes. I stood and tried to open the door, but it was locked. I turned back to the ghombie.

 

“I’m so sorry they’re doing this to you,” she sobbed. “I know it’s awful.”

 

“H-how would you know?”

 

She looked up at me. “Did you know that after a certain amount of possessions, a ghombie whisperer will become a ghombie?”

 

I stared at her.

 

She continued, “It’s different for everyone, but every time you get possessed, you become a little more like a ghombie? Your chromosomes start to morph.”

 

“Why are you telling me this?”

 

She leaned against the wall. “I used to be just like you. A young, carefree ghombie whisperer. Then they kidnapped me. I was only here for about two months before my skin started to turn blue. Then I was always cold. Then one day, I felt dead inside. The way you do when you’re in a ghombie’s body. Turns out I’d turned into a ghombie.”

 

My hands shook. I’d never known you could change into a ghombie like that. I wonder if anyone did, besides Jolie and all the ghombies here.

 

“You’d be surprised how many get created like that,” she said. “It’s terrible. And the worst part is that even though they know how awful it is to be possessed, they still do it.”

 

“That’s why you won’t bite me,” I said slowly. “You can’t make yourself.”

 

She nodded. “I can’t even imagine how guilty I’d feel.”

 

Jolie and I stood staring at each other. Tears tumbled down her cheeks, and all I could do was imagine the agony of being possessed some many times you become a ghombie. Jolie finally looked away, and wiped her eyes.

“In two hours, he’ll come back for you. Please don’t rat me out. I was supposed to possess you.”

 

“I won’t say anything,” I murmured.

 

She gave me a sad smile, then sat against the wall, put her head in her hands and began to cry. 



© 2012 emma


Author's Note

emma
hey! sorry i haven't posted in a while. busy, busy, busy, i have been. but here's 36! i'll try to write more often, but thanks for reading and waiting. you are the best;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So great! Not the situation, but the chapter! Or, I mean, the situation was genius on the author's part, but... oh you get the picture.

Posted 11 Years Ago


AMAZING

Posted 12 Years Ago


IT'S AMAZING!!! the end was totally unexpected!!! *reads next chapter*

Posted 12 Years Ago


To Bella Catten: thank you so much! That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about my writing! :D thank you !

Posted 12 Years Ago


I LOVE how you brought in another ghombie, one who explains things to Andrea. In every book, there should be that one time when a crisis is explained, like how it's happening. I have a tiny problem with that. I want to unload the facts all at once, and then my writing becomes too detailed, in the boring way. You, however, are successfully throwing out the facts in tiny bits, making the story full of dessert and with small chunks of vegetables (you need dessert to keep a reader reading, and vegetables are not really exciting, but the reader would get confused without them). I can't wait for the end of this book!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I just read that chapter and now I really wanna read the rest. Thats so amazing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww, I feel a little sorry for the ghombies now, but that still doesn't give them the right to turn others into ghombies. At least one of them has compassion. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh woW. was not expecting that stall! Amazing! Can't wait for more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh I liked this chapter so much... hehe cant wait for more

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

646 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 3, 2012
Last Updated on February 3, 2012

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..