Chapter 40 - Everything Happens For A Reason

Chapter 40 - Everything Happens For A Reason

A Chapter by emma

-Dean-

 

I texted Skye the whole taxi-ride to her location. She told me about Chase and his kiss and the whole ride I wanted to punch something. I could just picture him effortlessly sliding his hands around her cheeks and pulling his lips towards hers and letting them land where I wanted mine. But I couldn’t kiss her. She didn’t want me that way. At least she hadn’t let him kiss her for very long. She’d made that much clear in her texts.

 

I also kept thinking about my mom, for some reason. She used to tell me that everything happens for a reason, even the most tragic of things. But I wondered how something good could come from this string of events. But then again, I thought of the night Skye and I had met.

 

I wouldn’t have met Skye that night if it weren’t for Keaton Waynes. Keaton Waynes was the man who murdered my mother in a random act of violence while she was getting gas one March afternoon. The police informed us that Mr. Waynes was mentally unstable sociopath, and that my mother just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and he snapped. This all happened two years before I began attending my supernatural training school. But I still got emotional often, and that night just happened to be the anniversary, so I had gone out into the field to cry. And then I stumbled upon Skye and everything changed. If my mom hadn’t been killed that particular afternoon two years before, I wouldn’t have gone out into the field and met Skye. Now, I’m not saying I’m happy my mom was murdered. I am most definetly not happy. But if everything happens for a reason . . . maybe her death happened for Skye.

 

 

“Dean!” Hearing her shout my name as I stepped out of the taxi made me blush.

 

I turned around and there she was, smiling right in front of me. Of course my first thought was to lean down and kiss her smile, but she yanked me into a hug before I could really do anything. I hugged her back, surprised. Her arms tightened around me, then she let go. I almost didn’t detach myself, but I managed. Then I saw Chase. He looked depressed, and was staring at us with a hurt look on his face. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

 

“Thanks for coming,” Skye said.

 

“Yeah, thanks,” hissed Chase. He sounded considerably less happy than Skye.

 

I looked up at the old, abandoned building that stood before us. I really didn’t want to go inside. It was basically falling apart. But when Skye looped her fingers through mine and pulled me towards the builiding, its not like I was going to resist. Chase glared at me the entire time, but I tried not to think about it. After all, he’d had his chance and had blown it.

 

Skye tried to push open the door, but it didn’t budge. Chase promptly attempted kicking it, but when he failed and only ended up hurting his foot, he let out a string of curse words. But when I tried, the door gave in and broke open. I tried not to laugh at Chase’s red face, but Skye was chuckling under her breath and I ended up hiccupping a laugh.

 

The room we saw was black and dusty. There were scuffmarks on the floor and long slashes through the layer of dust. We followed them. At first we all tried to be quiet and sneaky, but then we rememeber that ghombies couldn’t do anything to us, since we weren’t ghombie whisperers. So we just crashed and smashed through every single room on that floor until we came across a crying girl with a boy’s head in her lap. She was screaming at someone we couldn’t see.

 

I stepped out to speak. “We’re here to help.”

 

She looked away. “They’ll find us again. There’s no escape!” She was quiet for a moment, her red eyes big and scared. Then she yelled, “He’s coming for you!”

 

That’s when something cold brushed past my neck. I shivered, but that was all that happened. Until I heard an eerie, breezy, “You will suffer,” in my ear. I tried to swat it away, but the cold feeling was still on my neck.

 

The girl looked up at me. “He’s right behind you.”

 

“Oh my God! Nate!” screamed Skye. She rushed past me and to the boy in the girl’s lap. I hadn’t noticed it was him until now.

 

“How do you know his name?” asked the girl.

 

“He’s my best friend’s boyfriend. Oh my God what happened to him?”

 

The girl again looked away. “Too much.”

 

“Do you know an Andrea?” Chase asked.

 

“Yes. She’s possessed right now.”


Skye let out a sob, and Chase took off running down the hall. I felt weird, though. Frozen. I couldn’t move, couldn’t speak. I could only watch. 



© 2012 emma


Author's Note

emma
oh my god, 40 chapters. we're nearing the end of the book, my friends. i'm only 3,000 words from my goal of 50,000 which is a lot farther than i ever even fathomed. thanks for reading and enjoy. by the way, let me know your theories on why Dean is unable to move.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DTL
Please check your mail. A prompt reply is requested.
Thank you,
DTL

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dean is the sweatest :) But oh my gosh, get away!

Posted 11 Years Ago


PLEASEEEE MORE MORE MORE MORE

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nate OH YM GOD IF YOU KILL HIM I'LL KILL CLARA Rose.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Wow! Please I'm waiting for more. And an rr when the next chapter comes please.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my god. Dean,my man, I'm proud of you. :P I think he's not able to move because he's....... Possessed? A gombie wisperer? Shy by batmans freeze thingy? I have no idea. You have to keep going!!! I need moreee

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yay!!! Go, Dean, go!

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW!!! So close but no cookie...yet!!!
My theory why Dean is unable to move is because:
1) Andrea or that other ghombie is his sister. Random and totally weird.
2) He's the one possessing Andrea.
3) He's a ghombie whisperer.
4) OH I HAVE NO CLUE!!!! HURRY UP AND PUBLISH THE NEXT CHAPTER SO I CAN FIGURE OUT WHY!!!! :P

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 8, 2012

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..