Chapter 42 - The End of Me, The End of You

Chapter 42 - The End of Me, The End of You

A Chapter by emma

-Camille-

 

There was a lot of screaming. Names being shouted into the air, for all of our ears to hear. I recognized Andrea screaming for that ghombie girl, Jolie. And a male voice had called Andrea. Then that girl who had been leaning over the boy still on my lap had screamed for Dean. My head hurt. I didn’t move from my spot in my cell, certain that White would contain everyone soon and I didn’t want to be caught in the middle of an attempted escape. I’d made peace with the fact that I was destined to be just like Jolie. And when White froze that boy (Dean, the girl had called him) I knew my greatest fear had become a reality. He could control more than just ghombies. Tears tumbled down my cheeks but I still didn’t move.

 

I watched as White walked right past the blonde girl hovering around the boy. He was still frozen. Then, all of a sudden, he seemed to jerk back to life, and the blonde threw herself into his arms.

 

“Jolie!” I heard Andrea screech from down the hall. The boy in my lap--Nate--stirred.

 

The girl and Dean looked up and I watched their confused expressions. They couldn’t see White and what he must’ve been doing to Andrea. But then of all things, oh God, the girl-ghombie Jolie rushed into view, and her body tangled with White’s. They went right through the girl and boy and fell to the ground. They wrestled and I stared in awe. Jolie seemed to even be winning. No. Way.

 

“W-what--?” I started to mumble but White’s sharp scream cut me off.

 

Jolie had bitten into his neck. For some reason, she chose that moment to look up at me. “Run,” she said.

 

White layed splayed out on the floor underneath Jolie. His neck was oozing black, and he seemed unable to move. I didn’t understand what was happening. At all. So I just sat and stared. Jolie seemed to understand that I wasn’t going to move, and gave me a serious look.

 

“Go. Don’t be like me, okay? Save yourself.”

 

And something in her eyes jolted me into a standing position. In doing so, I accidentally threw Nate off my lap. I looked down at him. He wasn’t bleeding anymore, but there was crusted blood all over his face and hair. But I could still see the attractive in him. I wondered what would happen if I left him here. I also wondered what would happen if I took him.

 

I looked up. The girl and Dean were gone. Nate wasn’t my problem. But I couldn’t seem to make myself just leave him . . .

 

White shifted slightly under Jolie, and I made my decision.

 

“Tell Andrea her boyfriend is here when she comes by, Jolie. I must go,” I said and stepped out the door.

 

Then I ran through the halls and passed by room after room, closed door after closed door, until finally, mercifully, there was the exit and it was just within reach--

 

And Anthony stepped out of the shadows and grabbed me. Two other ghombies also helped pin me down to the ground. I screamed and kicked and cried and struggled against the cold of their skin, but it was no use. They’d caught me.

 

 

-Jolie-

 

Camille left the bloody boy on the floor. I understood, of course. I’d have done the same if I were her. She couldn’t escape if she had to worry about an unconscious person, too. White writhed underneath me again, but I tried to hold it together. His skin was burning me, but it wasn’t a normal burn, it was a freezing burn. Ghombies can feel each others cold. Again, a little shift from White. My breathing became panicky and my throat clogged up. My chest tightened, and butterflies flew faster in my gut. I didn’t know what would happen if he fully regained conciousness. I think I must’ve knocked him out when I bit into him, but he’ll be waking eventually. He’s already practically crawling away. What if I can’t hold him off a second time? What if he kills me? What if--

 

“ANDREA!” someone shouted, cutting off my thoughts.

 

I turned. It was that blonde girl, who was now kneeling over the girl--Andrea?--that I was supposed to posses earlier, but didn’t. The girl that called out for me when I was locking myself away. The girl that screamed my name when she was in peril. The girl who was now passed out on the floor.

 

I’d only come out to save her. I could hear from her voice something bad was happening, and I didn’t want her to turn out to be like me. So I opened the door and attacked White. To save her. And she’s not safe yet.

 

“Andrea!” The blonde screamed again.

 

The two boys who were there also said her name in a panicky fashion. I hated listening to it. I closed my eyes and remembered Ellie, my friend here. She and I had shared a cell, and one day, she tried to escape. I warned her, and did everything I could to stop her, but she didn’t listen. White caught her, and killed her. I watched. All that he did was hold her firmly enough, and stared directly at her for a minute and she collapsed. She was the only friend or family I had left and she was killed in an instant. The world is a cruel place.

 

Just then, White jerked underneath me and I looked down right into his dead, white eyes. He was awake. He kicked me off him, and I went flying. He chased me down the hall before I even landed. I hit my head on the wall, and stars appeared everywhere. Then he was in front of me, looking directly into my eyes, and reaching down for my arm. I tried to move away, but he fastened his hand to my wrist. And when I looked back up, he was grinning. And that was the last thing I saw before there was a gargantuan throbbing pain right in the middle of my head and I felt my eyes close. Then there was nothing. 



© 2012 emma


Author's Note

emma
hello again. like cliffhangers? i certainly do. i'll be posting again soon, so hold on. thank you for reading! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I turned. It was that blonde girl, who was now kneeling over the girl--Andrea?--that I was supposed to posses earlier, but didn’t." It's possess.
Oh my, Jolie, noooo! I don't know you very well, but you're awesome. Everyone else, what in the world are you wasting time for? Just scoop up Andrea and Nate and run! There's two healthy boys and a girl to do so. It's not that bad.

Posted 11 Years Ago


DON'T KILL OF NATE OR ANDREA!!! They NEED to survive. O.O
TAKE THAT WHITE!!! XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


YAY TAKE THAT WHITE

Posted 12 Years Ago


I don't *grumble*. DON'T KILL NATE. HE NEEDS TO SURVIVE. LIKE LEGIT. grrrr. I'm being frustrated. But my prediction was right!! Jolie did come out of nowhere!! HAHAHAHAHAAHA. But you shall not kill Nate.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2012
Last Updated on March 22, 2012

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma