Do You Believe In Magic?

Do You Believe In Magic?

A Story by The Last Wayward Son
"

Another self-test. What I'm trying for here, is your run-of-the-mill "love at first sight" mental picture.

"

        So here I stand, a hypocrite.  I always said it was impossible to experience the true power of love by sight alone, it was something to be felt.  But I was so very wrong..  She was, and this is the only way I know to describe her to you, perfect in every way.  In a split second I was thunderstruck inside, and for that instant I lived forever in paradise.  Her angelic face shined with all the magic of life, her body being a work of art that rivals a Rembrandt.

     

        I stood there on the sidewalk, but in my mind I was floating on cloud nine with my newfound queen; only the brightest light could encompass her surreal beauty, for to me she defined light itself: bright, warm, and full of life.  A lifetime in a matter of seconds, we went on the classic, and had dinner and a movie.  Wasn't long before things went along further, making a song that no bluebird could ever comprehend. 

 

      In another second we were at the alter, hand in hand, giving our vows to each other and knowing that we were forever in each's perpetual arms.  Then came the home we bought and lived in; large enough, of course for the next dose of heaven--- children.  It was like no other experience, being the father of her children, raising them together.  Indeed, I could find no unsettling troubles here in my dreamworld, and I saw no reason to ever wake up. 

 

     I blinked to see her smiling at me.  Even though the dream was over, it felt alive and vibrant.  The curves on her face held the secrets to my universe, and I finally had to say hello.  And to this day, I have not found a greater happiness, as my dream became a reality.  I live in a world that cannot know worry or trouble, because of that hello that day.  Driven only by what I saw, I had truly fallen in love at first sight. 

 

   So I ask you, can you imagine being taken away by nothing but a glance, or feeling alive only from sharing life with a stranger?  Rather, do you believe in magic?  It was not an illusion, but there is no "trick" to her, and so I will take it to the grave that there is magic in the world; you just have to keep your eyes open to see it.

© 2008 The Last Wayward Son


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on September 29, 2008

Author

The Last Wayward Son
The Last Wayward Son

Hope(less), AR



About
Some of you might remember me from long ago. In a bit of rage, I deleted everything that was once here and closed the account, but that just makes it all the more entertaining, as now I can build it .. more..

Writing