The ins and outs of funding your leadership and management courses

The ins and outs of funding your leadership and management courses

A Story by Inspire Motivate and Engage
"

Business as a profession is on the up and up. With the rise of entrepreneurism and the internet revolution, more and more people are branching out on their own and setting up their own business.

"

Business as a profession is on the up and up. With the rise of entrepreneurism and the internet revolution, more and more people are branching out on their own and setting up their own business. In the past, there was a well-trodden route to success in business. Many people took leadership and management courses such as an MBA to guide them successfully into the high powered world of business.

 

But with the rise of the internet, more and more people want to be their own boss, or at least progress in their current job without having to spend thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours on lengthy leadership and management courses. There are two very prominent ways that you can get over these hurdles and take leadership and management courses to bring your skills to the next level.

 

1.       Take part in a mentor training scheme

Mentor training can work one of two ways. Either you are the mentor, passing on your skills and experience to help others break into the business world; or you are the mentee, receiving invaluable advice and guidance from someone who has been there, done that and got the t-shirt. Mentor training schemes such as the one run here at IME are the ideal way to increase your management skills in a real life situation, whilst giving something back to the community. At IME we really believe that investing in your future is key to professional development, which is why we also automatically enrol everyone on the mentor training scheme onto one of our leadership and management courses.

 

2.       Finding  grants for employee training

Funding can be one of the main obstacles to training. But the old adage really is true, you have to spend money to make money. That said, it is possible to find grants for employee training, especially if you are a charity or small business. Every year here at IME as part of our corporate social responsibility initiative we offer a number of grants for employee training to small businesses and charities around the UK. Why do we do this? Because we feel so passionately that everyone should be able to access leadership and management courses, and we truly believe in the many benefits mentor training can have for the employees who take part.

 

Applying for grants for employee training

 

Here are our top tips to help you apply for grants for employee training:

 

1.      1  Read as much information as you can about the course. If you are looking for management and leadership courses make sure you chose one that is going to be the best fit for your employees.


2.      2  Ensure you meet all the requirements before applying for the grants for employee training.


3.       3 Read the application form thoroughly, and make sure you answer every question giving solid reasons as to why you would benefit from receiving grants for employee training.


4.      3  Don’t assume anything. Make sure you give as much detail as possible in your answers.


5.       4 Apply in good time. Many companies offering grants for employee training will have deadlines which you need to stick to. If they don’t, they may work on a first come first served basis, so get your application in as soon as possible!

© 2014 Inspire Motivate and Engage


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on September 2, 2014
Last Updated on September 2, 2014
Tags: training, employees, for, charity, third, sector, programmes, Online, courses, corporate