what's left behind

what's left behind

A Poem by bob, small b. aka invs
"

there are always things remembered

"

it's funny, isn't it
how you remember things
when there's nothing better to do
 
like yesterday
i was alone
everything was still
and i remembered a cloud
and a flower
i saw once
through someone's eyes

© 2008 bob, small b. aka invs


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The other can be so special.
Jack

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is great! It is funny, what you remember when you're doing absolutely nothing.
And this is a great reminiscence! I'm glad you shared!
Though it is short, there's no want of imagery- it's all in the final stanza!
Great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Love the short ones that so easily take your mood away with them. Excellent.

Posted 14 Years Ago


And there you have it .. sweet brevity wrapped in a memory - a thought well spent.

Superb

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your choice of the two things remembered was exquisite, Bob. A cloud representing a period of sadness, of coolness, but insubstantial and fleeting, and a flower, representing a moment of a joy which embraces all the senses...Well, okay, flowers aren't really that loud, but I'm bein' poetic here! All the more poignant in that you saw them in another's, presumably a lover's eyes: a reflection of the good and bad times she brought you, or a reflection of your own soul...Or is there any difference, actually?
And in the final analysis, isn't memory what makes us human? The ability to remember the bad times and unhappy things, and thus seek to avoid or repair them, and the ability to remember the happy times, and thus seek to replicate them? What "better to do" could there possibly be?

Posted 14 Years Ago


the choice of font was not my favorite, but the poser of your words certainly made me not notice! This is a brief meditation, expertly edited and conveyed with a sly wit and nonchalance. Well done.

Viva la.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
that's all it takes...I like compressed wisdom

Posted 14 Years Ago


I've noticed it, too. Thanks for sending this to me this morning. Beautiful work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
it's funny, isn't it
how you remember things
when there's nothing better to do

Yes, indeed... And it can be a really good or a really bad thing... Really awesome verse. :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


I once spent 10 months living on top of a 11,000' mountain, with no phone, and little human conversation. It is funny how different of a menaing all aspects of life and memories became for me during that time. I spent much of it deciding what demons were worth struggling with, and the rest of it actually doing the work of struggling with it. It was amazing, though, how many small things I remembered during that time. For instance, the ability to sit and savor the memory of a perfect ice cream cone. For hours.

I often wonder how many people's memories I am carrying. I learned recently it is more than one.



Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

882 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 31, 2008

Author

bob, small b. aka invs
bob, small b. aka invs

WI



About
my name's bob. small 'b'. a hold-over from my e.e. cummings stage of writing. i just never went back to reclaim the capital B. or the capital letters to begin paragraphs and sentences. no significance.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..