Al Jazeera

Al Jazeera

A Chapter by Irenic
"

an article oof Ahmed published in Al Jazeera created trouble for him and her wife

"
After a great research for two months: September and October, Ahmed was able to tell other Muslims and Americans about the real responsible for 9/11.
"Lustre grey into black, who is responsible!
By Ahmed Ashfaq
Page No. 32", written on the bottom of the front cover of November issue of the well-known magazine Al-Jazeera . Picture of collapsing of twin towers was on the front page. A Muslim shopkeeper was keeping number of copies of the latest issue of Al Jazeera and other magazines in the newspaper stand, one of them he took out for himself to read because he was curious to read the main article of that issue.  After keeping copies of different magazines in newspaper stand, he had a seat. "Let's see what a person have written in our favour" he whispered to himself and took out page 32. While he was reading his customer arrived "Rafique, newspaper" he ordered, Rafique pointed out at newspaper stand "take out from there, as usual one dollar". Customer took out newspaper from the stand and went to pay him for newspaper. He saw an article related to 9/11 was reading by Rafique "Rafique what is written in it?" he asked, Rafique looked at him "I started to read it now" Rafique replied. "I want to buy this what's the price of it", customer asked. Rafique closed the magazine and handed him " ten dollars" he informed. Customer took out eleven dollars from his pocket and paid him. He went out from the shop, opened the magazine moved on page 32 and started to read the article.
                      --
"Hey Ahmed, don't you know about your article, its published in Al-Jazeera" Danish phoned while going towards his cabin .
"yes I know it" Ahmed replied while looking himself in mirror, combing  his hair and getting ready for office. "Do you like it" he asked while walking out from his room along closing the buttons of his coat, wearing because of cold weather. "Quiet informative, it shows you've worked hard a lot on it" Danish gave feedback.
"Thank you" Ahmed thanked along wearing glasses. Sadia was getting ready for going for interview, "Can  you drop me at 7commercial street?" she asked when Ahmed was keeping his cellphone in pocket, he looked at her "Yes sure, why not" Ahmed replied, smiled for a while. She took out her hand bag and scarf from the cupboard, while she was wearing scarf  properly and in formal way, he had a breakfast "Are you ready?" he asked while taking a spoon of cereal, she was pinning up her scarf, "one minute", she replied. After one minute , a young couple left the house for office. He dropped her at 7 commercial street as she asked and then he drove his car to the office.
                         --
Sadia entered in an office where she had to give an interview, while she was going towards room no. 7 as an operator said. A person in black suit   , pulled and snatched her scarf bluntly, he uncovered her head. Tears came out from her eyes in the sadness of snatching her scarf and making her head uncovered.  "You can't give interview, go away from there" a person yelled on her,who snatched her scarf, pointing out at the gate "you're Muslim you're terrorist and we don't want terrorist in our office". Dupatta, she was wearing on her shoulders, put it on her head properly and went off from the office. Tears shedding from her average sized grey eyeball coloured eyes but she kept on drying them. While she was drying her tears when walking on the street, her friend Javeria saw her, she came towards her,  "what happen to you" she asked when saw Sadia's eyes red and tears. "I saw their real face today that's why I am crying because their face made me afraid", she mourned by using words, representing her sadness not prominently. Javeria understood "yes I can understand" she agreed  gravely.
                  --
Ahmed entered in an office, he worked there as a software engineer, he stood at his friend's desk, Salam him. "Don't  move,  please stand for a minute, here" he asked "I want to show you something ".
"what Tahir?" Ahmed asked .
"Wait for a while " Tahir said, opened his article published in Al Jazeera on a website of Al Jazeera "What  you've written in it do you know!" Tahir exclaimed.
"So! It's  true, Muslims are not responsible for that tragic blood bath instead of Bush is responsible for it" Ahmed urged, sitting on chair near his friend.
"Now, this America won't leave you" Tahir predicted seriously.
"They will leave me or not leave me but I will carry on proofing them, Muslims are not responsible for 9/11, whether I have to pay my life for it" Ahmed said.
"Everyone  know about it in our department"  Tahir informed.
"I don't care" Ahmed angered. He stood, Tahir smiled and he went towards his desk while Abraham came and said pathetically "You try very well but you can't achieve" and walked towards his cabin. "Sir about what,  you're saying?" Ahmed asked. He stopped and came near to him. He put his hand on Ahmed's shoulder, wicked smile he passed "Dont seem to be innocent, everyone knows about it there, and gradually whole America will be familiar with it" and walked out from there.
                      --
Ahmed was nervous and frightening from inside but he failed to hide his fear from Abraham and others when Abraham came in his way and said "you try very well but you can't achieve".
He didn't understand about what is his senior saying him. With the usage of guts he asked "Sir about what, you're saying?"
His heartbeat speed increased when Abraham put his hand on his shoulder, "Don't   seem to be innocent, everyone knows about it there, and gradually whole America will be familiar with it" Abraham said and passed a wicked smile.
                              --
Sadia was taking out newspaper from the newspaper stand, Al Jazeera she saw there in the stand. Leaving the newspaper in the stand she took out that magazine. "Grey into Black: who is responsible" she read "by Ahmed Ashfaq" she shocked, opened page number 32. "If our Muslims brothers collapsed the buildings of New York, so they didn't perform any illegal action, they just took revenge from America and Israel for killing Palestinians" she read the last paragraph, it astonished her. "Now what will America do with us?"a question came in her mind, it puzzled her. She bought the magazine and walked to home.
                           ---
Colourful bangles, embroidery, traditional clothes, glittered and designed gift boxes and very traditional gold jewellery covered almost the centre of the lounge.
"This one I will wear on my wedding" Kiran's sister-in-law Sana said to her mother, pointed out at the maroon opened box of the jewellery set. Kiran gave her that maroon box, "Its so beautiful, I don't have words to express it", Sana said while touching the necklace, placed in the box. "You are right it's very beautiful" Kiran agreed "Diamonds  increase the beauty of it and makes it traditional". "What  should I wear on my wedding?" Sana asked her mother. Her mother pointed out at red coloured maxi, embroidered with silver stones and threads "That one you have to wear on your wedding, your mother-in-law sent here yesterday" her mother said.
Kiran gave maxi to Sana "Isn't  it beautiful and modern!" Sana exclaimed.
                       ---
While Ahmed was sitting in his car, he saw a group of labours filling sand to cover up the excavate they made for making tunnel. He stood with amazement there. Aamir , standing near him "What  happen, what are you thinking?"
Ahmed looked at him  "before September 11, they were digging this plot for making tunnel", he informed "Now they're covering this excavate".
Aamir agreed "Yes, didn't this excavate related  to September 11 attacks!".
Ahmed saw Tariq Waheed, sitting in Aamir's car. He had an idea "Can't we send Tariq Waheed in an excavate!" he suggested "And ask him to bring anything, he find in it".
"But he looks pure Pakistani!" Aamir said.
Ahmed stared him "No, he doesn't look native Pakistani" he said while staring him "instead of, he has American looks not too much but he he has".
Aamir in return stared him "it's not bad, I mean your idea" he said. He called Tariq to come out from the car, ask him to do as Ahmed suggested. Ahmed gave him his coat to wear. While giving him a wallet he said "You say, your wallet fall in this excavate, then go in an excavate, if you find anything put it in the pocket of my coat, and when you are coming out of an excavate show them my wallet to claim you just go to find it".
He went in excavate acted as Ahmed said.
                       ---
Ahmed and Aamir were sitting in their respective cars, waiting for Tariq. As he came out of an excavate, he sat in his master, Aamir's car. Ahmed drove the car past Aamir's car. They arrived at street 9 near Tommy  general store, there Tariq Waheed took out a recorder. He gave it to Ahmed. He saw the recorder than thanked him pleasely "thanks Tariq". He drove the car to reach at his home.
                            --
Sadia was tensed for Kabir, now her son have to suffer from the tyranny more, these kinds of thoughts were coming in her mind, made her tense. As Ahmed opened the door of the home from key, she stood "What  have you done, Ahmed!" she exclaimed seriously when Ahmed came in the house and closing the door"From now you not only make your life difficult but you also make difficult for me and Kabir to live!". Ahmed knew the reason of her anger "Did you read my article" he asked.
"Yes" she answered.
She showed him his article "Why did you write this, why are trying to make the lives  difficult of the whole Muslim community live in this America?" she angered.
"I am writing to erase the stain TERRORIST from my religion Islam"Ahmed replied seriously "and from the followers of Islam, Muslims", and he walked past her in his bedroom.
Sadia sat speechlessly on sofa suddenly. She didn't know how to tackle these problems.  She caught her head.
                          ---
Kiran was getting ready for Sana's wedding. She wore red coloured dress, needle work with white shining stones and threads had done on it. On head,  she wore white scarf properly. She applied light make up and wore a bit heavy jewellery.
                          ---
"Brother, mummy is calling you" Shamir's brother Ali informed him.
"Okay", Shamir replied and went in his mother's room "Mummy, you have called me".
His mother was reading newspaper, she closed it "Yes, come in, my son". Shamir came in the room, took a seat near his mother "Do you want to say something?" he asked "Is it important?".
"It's related to your wife's hijab, ask her even order her not to wear scarf on wedding of Sana" his mother said "Because of her habit of wearing hijab,I have to listen some teasing sentences from our community, many friends of my circle used the word typical for describing my thinking and I can't tolerate it any more especially on my daughter's wedding".
Shamir couldn't ask and order his wife on  not wearing hijab "Mummy, she will not go in wedding without scarf", "I know, she never go in gallery without wearing dupatta properly and if I order her not to wear scarf, she will not attend the wedding of Sana".
"It's much better, she will not attend the wedding than wearing scarf in wedding!" his mother said.
He was embarrassed " I try my best to convince her", he said and walked out from the room.
                                --
"Kiran, are you ready"Shamir asked, as he came in the room.
"Yes I'm ready" Kiran replied, looking at him.
Shamir was nervous how to say her wife, don't wear scarf, he got goosebumps. "Kiran, don't wear scarf, please" he said it with all his guts "Mummy is upset, she don't want you to wear scarf in wedding".
"I know even she said me not to wear scarf" she said "That's why I was not coming first but Sana forced me to come".
Shamir stared "Oh" he said "What will you do if mummy scold you on your wearing scarf" he asked.
"I will give her the same reason as I give you" she replied while wearing her dupatta properly.
"Okay, but please don't come out of the room now otherwise she will get angry" he said his wife and went to change clothes.
                         ---
"You're trying to go away from me, just think for a minute", Sadia yelled on Ahmed, going for changing clothes "What can this country, United States of America do with you and now what will it do?"
Ahmed was going for changing clothes. He put his clothes on bed and went in lounge to make Sadia feel relax and calm. "Relax  Sadia please" he calmed "Sit down", he and Sadia sat down "Don't you think, we Muslims should fight against William Bush who was and is blaming us for September 11 attacks".
"We Muslims should fight against William Bush but we won't have change instead of good change, bad change will occur", Sadia replied "Our Muslim brothers and sister will be killed by non Muslims and Jews there".
                      ---
"Shamir did I ask you to ask your wife about not wearing scarf in the hall" his mother said angrily, sarcastically.
"Mummy I told her, don't wear scarf but she said that you told her too for not wearing scarf that's why she wasn't coming" Shamir reasoned "But Sana forced her to come!".
His mother yelled on him very much, when they were sitting in car.
                     --
Kiran was roaming in the hall, she sat with her mother for a few minutes then for another purpose she need to roam.
"Fiza your wife looks very educated " a guest said  to Kiran's mother-in-law, while she was sitting with her.
                             ---
"Some one need to pay his or her life for bringing change, it's not easy to bring change instead of it's difficult" Ahmed reasoned and went to change clothes.
                            ---


© 2013 Irenic


Author's Note

Irenic
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz comment or review it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I respect art and the writer rather then the subject so I have to be honest with you this was sensational read and many Americans would love to read it , the magazine here does the trick, it was great to be honest and love subject is important in your writing so would request you to create a love scene in the story......I dont understand what energy was there in the planes that twin towers concrete got melt , or either how can a building collapse even the basic physics fails here anyways who knows who did it , we all were told Osama bin Ladin .....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A powerful story. I liked the discussions and actions in the story. 9-11 did open the door to new hate and problems.
"You're trying to go away from me, just think for a minute", Sadia yelled on Ahmed, going for changing clothes "What can this country, United States of America do with you and now what will it do?"
I like the chapter and the question above. Thank you my friend for sharing the outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Irenic

8 Years Ago

Thank you for lovely review...............................:)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.
Irenic

8 Years Ago

.............................................:)
I respect art and the writer rather then the subject so I have to be honest with you this was sensational read and many Americans would love to read it , the magazine here does the trick, it was great to be honest and love subject is important in your writing so would request you to create a love scene in the story......I dont understand what energy was there in the planes that twin towers concrete got melt , or either how can a building collapse even the basic physics fails here anyways who knows who did it , we all were told Osama bin Ladin .....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I lost my interest in the story pretty quickly. The story was a bit too messy for my standards. Just keep practicing, I do see a lot of potential!

-Megan

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Irenic

10 Years Ago

Thank you Megan

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 31, 2013
Last Updated on October 31, 2013
Tags: Al Jazeera, Ahmed, Sadia


Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic