The Frozen Tears

The Frozen Tears

A Story by Irenic
"

It is about a couple who had a tear jerking journey in past and the soul rendering fact separated them from each other.

"

“My tears froze

When I saw his frozen tears” she stepped in the house with whitened face and opened eyes which contain melancholy and feelings of heart broken.  She stepped forward. She stood still in the centre of the stylish and luxurious bungalow with bent shoulders, looking down. Her lips opened. She was looking down at the floor with eyes lost in the past. The last moment of her in that house was revolving around her mind; she remembered how she was sitting beside him on 7th of May 2012. The remembrance of past made her sit. She sat suddenly. She was still lost in past in which she sat at that time with shock and fear.  Her duppatta fall down from head on her shoulders. Her eyes were very beautiful but that beauty was overshadowed by her grieve which was in her eyes. The continuation of past revolve around her mind in which she remember how she shouted his name with grieve. She remembered how much she was in pain. She remembered how she expressed her pain when she shouted his name “Zain!” That time the tears which she shed were frozen.

A larchyma dropped down on her white hand. She felt. She looked down. She extended her hand. She remembered her past. She remembered he was lying there on the floor near the gate of the house. She looked up suddenly, coming out of past. The fast moving steps of a girl in beautiful bright colored clothes and silver decent jewelry coming near the door of the house towards him with tearful eyes and opened hair was revolving around her mind. She could feel her presence at that time there today too. She was in shock. That girl was no one, she was herself. She looked down. Her face whitened with sadness. The sadness was seen in her eyes and could be felt from her dry lips. It could be felt in her tied hair and white dress -she was wearing. His closed eyes came in front of her eyes. She closed her eyes. Tears came out of her eyes. She cried out loudly. She screamed his name “Zain”, with so much pain and sadness  as she screamed before, in the past wearing red dress, the color of sadness looking resplendent but today she screamed in the same way but not looking beautiful as she looked before. His absence whitened her, made her to remove jewelry from her ears, hands and neck. Veins were being prominent on her whitened hands. Nails are whitened and were less pink now. “Promise me you will not do this again even so many hurdles would come--- Dina! ---I face the real discrimination” his words ,stated in past was revolving round her mind when she was crying loudly, screaming his name. Her frozen tears melted by his words.

A person could not cry for a whole life. Her mouth opened due to crying was getting close but a tear on her lips remained until she left the house. She felt her tears were not shedding any more. She opened her eyes. She looked down. She moved his hand away from that place. She stood. Her long white frock was being flown in the wind. Her dupatta was around her back and arms. She was stepping her whitened feet forward, coming near the stairs, looking down the light brown tiles of floor. She came near the stairs. Her brown eyes were looking down with hope that she would see him again in this world.   Her childhood came in her mind when she was going to step forward on the first stair of staircase.  Her foot stopped above the stair on its place. She was looking blank but she was not.  Her smiling face when she was child revolving around her mind. She closed her eyes compared her smiling and chilly childhood with her heartbroken present in which she had a burden of frozen tears which made her eyes look blank and eyes who want freedom. She opened her eyes, put her foot on the first stair, a girl in dirty pink frock was running towards a boy “today is carnival” telling him, was being thought about her past by her, Dina while putting her feet on stairs forwards. Her eyes were telling that she was thinking about her past and regretting her present. Her brown thin hair was telling nothing except her broken wish.

“I don’t understand this”, her innocent expressions was moving around her mind, remembering her teenage. “Ohh”, she remembered how he emote irritating expressions, closed his eyes, make the lips round and raised the eyebrows. She stopped on fifth stair. His face came in her mind. His expressions were moving in her mind. She remembered how he said “Okay” crossly in past when they both were teenager sitting in his room and explaining her science, echoed in her mind she felt his word echoed in house too. She turned around with sudden and found his absence. She closed her small opened mouth and eyes. She turned around back. She opened her eyes.

She started stepping forward. “Dina!” her name shouted by him echoed in empty house. His voice echoed once again. Her foot, she was going to put on 10th stair was stopped at its place when she felt his voice echoed. She closed her eyes tightly. “Zain is not there, Dina” she wanted to tell herself that it is her imagination that he is there. She wanted to herself that he is not there. Her brain knew that he is not there but her heart still could not accept this soul ripping fact. She followed her brain.

 His astonishing expressions were revolving in her mind; she remembered how he came out of his shining car and shouted his name “Dina” standing near the car’s gate when he saw her walking on the street losing her respect by herself . She was while stepping forward on stairs.

“He raised my honor from public property” she said to herself, stopped moving forward. She can’t forget him. She was thinking about him. “To his---” she stopped completely mentally. She still didn’t know by forming which relation he raised her honor. “Wife” her heart said. Her mouth opened with blankness “then what about similarity in DNA”, her brain reminded her that dreadful day. She sat suddenly. Her frock spread on stairs. Her whitened hand started shivering when her brain said “You are his sister”. “I don’t know”, she breathed with pain to calm down her and halt the argument between her heart and brain on her relation with him. She stood again. Her frock bounced up a bit when she stood and bounced down she stood completely.

Her marriage with him in court was being remembered by her, while stepping on stairs further. She remembered she was in red sari and her brown hair was open. She remembered how she signed on marriage papers from right hand. She remembered he was looking formal but casual too in black coat and pant and light blue shirt. He wore different glasses. He wore black glasses. He signed on marriage papers from right hand.

She stepped up on 13 stairs, her frock was moving on floor. “You have not seen the real discrimination”, remembered her words when he was advising her. “It cannot be!”, but the remembrance of astonishing and tear jerking day opened her eyes and mouth completely and stopped her foot moving forward. She turned around.  She closed her lips. The light of scorching sun coming in modish house was reflecting on her hand. She sat down on stars with closed and straight lips “I was in shock, my tears were frozen from shock, I was standing like a statue and suddenly I sat due to shock and I broken down.” She was remembering her reaction at that time.  She thought about his reaction which she did not know because she was in shock “What was his reaction?”, she asked herself.

                           -

His eyes were opened completely. His eyes got red. She came down to go with him at his friend’s wedding. She was looking very beautiful. She saw him like this, in the state of astonishment and shock. She was confused that what happened to him.  She asked him “What happened?” smiling and coming near to him. He could listen. He was looking down in shock.  He extended his hand to give her reports and note with opened eyes looking down. “What is this?” she asked when he passed her papers “Read the note written by Arsalan”.

Her curved lips for smiling became straight when he handed him note and reports. She brought them in front of her eyes. She read “ Zain, Dina and your DNA” normally but then she was shocked when she read “are same”. She looked up with astonishment. She kept on saying in astonishment “It cannot be, it cannot be, Zain, it cannot be”, she was moving backward and suddenly collide with sofa while she was saying “I can’t be your something else”. She could not believe on this news. She stood like a statue.

He had heard her words and could feel her astonishment and sadness but he was acting as deadpan. He turned towards the door very gradually. He looked up at door. He accepted that fact that he was her brother. He was stepping forward slowly to go and have fresh air in garden. The cycle of past was moving in his mind from his childhood while he walked forward. He accepted the fact but it was painful for him to believe that Dina, her love was not his wife, she was his sister. He remembered how he was sitting with his friends in old and dirty clothes in corridor of orphanage when Dina came towards him she was running towards. He remembered her happiness and childish attitude with whom she told him “Its carnival tomorrow” when he stepped forward firstly.

He remembered how much fetched up he was because of explaining her same topic number of times when she was sitting in his room in orphanage when they were teenager while stepping forwards slowly.

He was in shock and it was coming on his well featured face but he was trying to hide them with his seriousness. He was stepping very slowly with seriousness and dreadful eyes.

How much he suffered in USA just because he have AIDS he even stood and  sit alone in college in USA, he remembered this while stepping forward.

He remembered how he was mentally upset due to not getting job because of being the patient of AIDS, he stepped forward. He remembered how it became important for him to do prostitution to pay the fees of his college while stepping forward. Discrimination and prostitution on roads of New York he did not want to face and do but he needs to face and do, he remembered well and stepped forward. “their actions made me to do lots of illegal things” he told himself while stepping forward and saw himself in the state of drunk walking here and there on streets and doing prostitution to earn at the corner of street 45. He walked forward.

“Is it humanity to treat AIDS patient as terrorist”, he remembered last words of his speech which he spoke in Speech Competition. He remembered how a positive change came when his speech was judged by numerous renowned educationists of New York. He stepped forward.

The day he got employment in clinic was being remembered by him when he was stepping forward with expressionless face and whitened lips.

The day when he came back Pakistan was being remembered by him as a well established neurologist. He stepped forward. Sun's scorching light was coming on his face and chest but he didn’t move nor looked down and neither closed his eyes. He kept on moving and remembering his past. He remembered that he saw her on street moving as call girl. He remembered how he got to know in once that she is prostitute and how he came out of car and shout her name with astonishment “Dina”, with feelings of stopping her from bowing her head by herself as he did himself in past. He stepped.

“Zain, where are you taking me?”, while stepping forward he was remembering how he came forward towards her, hold her hand with anger that could be seen by her. He remembered how much she was confused. He looked around taking her with him. He remembered how much he was looking formal in black coat and pant and white shirt with black glasses.

“You have seen nothing, Dina” he remembered his words, he stated when she was telling the reason of doing that “I was jobless that is why I need to do this” in hotel where they stayed for two to three hours. He stepped forward while remembering how he told her “a job of teacher was offered to you but you rejected it because of low salary”, proving her that she did this without any reason.

“Don’t lose your respect yourself as I did” he remembered how he advised her, while stepping forward very slowly with mind lost in past. “Did you do this too!” he remembered her words, stated in return. He remembered he nodded in front of her sitting near the window looking outside at garden.

Holding pen in his right hand which he extended to sign on marriage papers in court, he remembered very well. “Promise me you will never do this again”, he remembered his words stated at night after marriage. He remembered how he extended his right hand towards her while asking her to promise with delight, happy eyes and cute smile.

He remembered how she was looking him, smiling at him. She putted her hand on his hand and said “I promise”, which he could not forget.  He stepped forward.

He remembered how she asked him with demanding eyes filled with naughtiness in return “But you promise me you will not drink anymore”. He was looking her with caresses hold her hand tightly to show her that he agreed with her. He smiled. He remembered and stepped.

He remembered how much she was surprised “Wow!” to see his pulchritudinous house.

He remembered that calls regarding his property which was being shared with his sister. He remembered they told him his sister’s number. He remembered how much he was astonished to discover that the number of his sister turned out to be his wife’s number.  He remembered he was very astonished and worried. He shared his problem with her and leave her with a sleepless night. He remembered he took her with him at his friend’s clinic for DNA test.

He stepped forward. He tightened his lips when note’s words “DINA AND YOUR DNA IS SAME” surrounded his mind. “99.876” how much their DNA is same surrounded his mind. The number kept on moving in his mind. The number disturbed him, made him crazy. He wanted to beat himself. It was moving at fast pace. With straightness he was getting down close to floor, he fall down suddenly.  He had nervous breakdown. His red eyes remain opened which were in need of support and looking astonishing. His eyes closed with gradual.

                          ---

BACK IN PRESENT

She opened her eyes. She stood up. Instead of going up stairs she went down stairs. She went downstairs gradually. She was looking at the large lounge, decorated but still looking empty because it lacked happiness and smile. Holding his hand, standing with him was revolving in her mid. How he promised and how she promised him.

 “I don’t know what you are of mine, sibling or partner?

but it is confirmed that you were my protector” tears were falling down. She was standing near the gate. Looking in the centre where his body was lying. She could feel and see he was lying on the floor with closed eyes.

“It cannot be Zain” she said to herself and fall on the floor in the position of sitting. She was still in shock but came out a bit. She repeated “It cannot be Zain”. She was moving her head to fro to show it is not right. She knew it is right but she could not accept it. Her tears were falling down on her cheeks and lips. Her face blackened slightly due to coming out of eye makeup from eyes because of crying and her bangles broken down because of sitting with sudden. She shouted his name “Zain” when she did not found his words in return. She looked in the centre “Zain” she yelled very slowly with astonishment when she saw him lying on the floor with closed eyes. She remembered how much she was astonished and thinking negative about his lying. She thought he would die. She ran towards him. She sat in front of him but very close to his laps. The sound of her bangles breaking down echoed in lounge where no one except them was. “Zain “she shouted. She thought he died. She tried to wake him by shaking him and moving him. She found no movements and failed to open his eyes filled with melancholy. There was nothing in her eyes except terror of his death. She was frightened. “No, he can’t leave me alone” She realized he died but could not accept that fact. She could not believe it. She extended her finger, took it near his nose. He was not breathing anymore. She moved backward with shock. She shouted his name with melancholy and high pitch. Her pain was reflecting. And she could not forget it. She was remembering it, looking still in the centre with her red and pain filled eyes, moving her each feet backward out of the house. Her shout, her pain was being remembered by her while moving backward, out of the house.

“I will keep the promise”, she said to herself.  Two doors looked antique and played the main role in making the house look royal were coming near each other. She was holding their knob from her left and right hand. She was taking them near each other. The larchyma which was frozen on her eye lashes  since his death melted, the burden on her eyes vanished forever. The dark brown carved doors joined with bang. And the house which gave them moments of happiness but a very painful moment finally closed. She closed the door of the house.

She closed that way which lead to remembrance of past, that past which brought tears in her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2014 Irenic


Author's Note

Irenic
please review and ignore grammatical mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have not finished reading this...but I give you my word that I will. My time is somewhat limited and I want to post a least one more writing today. You are in touch with people....those little things that no one talks about...you capture them well. Embarrassing truths...moments of uncertainty...all the whys and so on. You capture them well. Most of us talk to ourselves regularly, but won't admit it! Personally, I love it..ha-ha. You certainly have a way of capturing people...I found myself somewhat frozen by this woman's thinking pattern.

Have you ever considered screenwriting? I ask that because your writing is very visual. I could see this house...I could feel her emotions....I could sense what she was going through and I'm only half way done. You possess a gift. As far a grammar and those things....I'm not the best person so I don't let it deter me from my mission of vibing with other creative minds.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Irenic

9 Years Ago

Thank you for such a nice review. Answer of your question is no, i didnt consider any screen writing.. read more



Reviews

A powerful and good story. I will return and read again.
“Is it humanity to treat AIDS patient as terrorist”, he remembered last words of his speech which he spoke in Speech Competition. He remembered how a positive change came when his speech was judged by numerous renowned educationists of New York. He stepped forward.
The day he got employment in clinic was being remembered by him when he was stepping forward with expressionless face and whitened lips."
I liked the people in the story and the strong stands in the story. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Irenic

8 Years Ago

thank you :)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Irenic

8 Years Ago

:)...................................................
Your images are vivid and your words hold emotion that I could feel as I read your story. Very well done.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


Irenic

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much
One of your best writes and should be in a screenplay mode. Pen on to fame...:).....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Irenic

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for appreciating my writing.
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).......
I have not finished reading this...but I give you my word that I will. My time is somewhat limited and I want to post a least one more writing today. You are in touch with people....those little things that no one talks about...you capture them well. Embarrassing truths...moments of uncertainty...all the whys and so on. You capture them well. Most of us talk to ourselves regularly, but won't admit it! Personally, I love it..ha-ha. You certainly have a way of capturing people...I found myself somewhat frozen by this woman's thinking pattern.

Have you ever considered screenwriting? I ask that because your writing is very visual. I could see this house...I could feel her emotions....I could sense what she was going through and I'm only half way done. You possess a gift. As far a grammar and those things....I'm not the best person so I don't let it deter me from my mission of vibing with other creative minds.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Irenic

9 Years Ago

Thank you for such a nice review. Answer of your question is no, i didnt consider any screen writing.. read more
Its a wonderful piece about a love or I would say longing or when a person finds himself in the past , everything has changed in your writing , its looks more mature ,honest, hard work I can see you must be working very hard on the stories you write that means you have a bright future.

I liked the way you have created this story so wish you sincere blessings and lots of chocolates to you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Irenic

9 Years Ago

thankyou Sayed for such a motivating review


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

614 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2014
Last Updated on July 31, 2014
Tags: DNA, Dina, Zain

Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic