Reaction

Reaction

A Chapter by Irenic

looking down with forearms resting on the laps which were straightened going down as the legs started and and ended with feet which were at a distance because males sit with open legs and fingers of both hands forming connection with each other and filling all the spaces and keeping his lump constant at his neck and pushing it down because........ and said "Meray ilawa bhi discuss karne k liye bohat kuch hai" (There are many topics to discuss except me) and he said very seriously while looking down connecting his fingers more and as he said he looked up and other looked down left with sealed lips.

“Acha chalo…..” (Okay so….), while Ali was going to catch up the comfortable position and attitude again but she walked towards their seat or sofa with her feet wrapped in golden shoes or sandals stepping forward while one of the hand busy in carrying royal blue very decent sari spreading its shine in its own way and in other hand carrying golden and shiny clutch and hair sliding down and hiding her face but her sari and beauty let others know that she is not other than Mrs. Faraz especially when she passed a small downstairs and stood in front of them and turned towards her husband’s uncle when realized his presence and he is looking at her and greeted him “Asalam O Alaikum, Uncle, aap kaisay hain?” (Asalam O Alaikum Uncle how are you/

-“Walaikum Asalam beta, main theek hoon aap sunai” (Walaikum Asalam dear, I am fine, what about you)

“Allah ka shukar” (Fine by the grace of Allah)

-“Bhai aap ka miyan sahib toh bohat taraki kar rahay hain din ba din oopar jatay jaa rahay hain” (Your Mr. Husband is getting very successful and day by day he is going up) and she was looking at him and smiling with her two sets of teeth meeting.

“Yeh tou hai, I agree” (Yes it is, I agree), and smiled.

“That’s good and you know somehow the credit of his success goes to you” and she looked down in shyness or in the feeling of appreciation.

And the conversation between so-called father in law and daughter in law came to end when she looked up again with smile and then looked at Ali greeted him “Aur Ali tum sunao kaisay ho” (And Ali you say whats up)

-“Allah ka shukar” (Fine by the grace of Allah)

And then her eye balls and round and wide eyes moved towards him and called out his name “Faraz, idhar aana”

“yup”, he nodded and stood to come to talk to her

“Excuse me”, she excused and showed with the meeting of thumb and index finger of her right hand. And both facing their back walked a bit away from the seat.

-“Haan bolo, kiya kaam hai” (Yeah speak, what do you want to say?)

“Main abhi mummy k yahan do din k liye rukne jaa rahi hoon, Fajahad mujhe chor dey ga” (I am going at mummy’s place for two day, now, and Fajahad will drop me)

-“Ek kaam karta hoon, main abhi drop kar deta hoon, theeka” (I do one thing that I will drop you, okay)

“Okay”

They agreed

“Fajahad , leave it, I will drop her”, Fajahad was coming towards her to drop her but while he was coming he motioned that he didn’t need to come.

And hence they left the hall.

--

In car

“Aaj tumhari har koi tareef kar raha tha but you neither smiled don’t you think k yeh thora rude tha” (Everyone is appreciating you but you neither smiled don’t you it is a bit rude)

-“Cause’ I hate appreciation, tareef kuch bhi nahi hai mahaz sirf yeh ek shaks ko bewakoof bana nay kar aur iss baat ka ihsas dilana ka hai k who kitna bewakoof hai” (Because I hate appreciation, it is noting except fooling a person and letting him realize how much foolish he is), and the speed of car was increased at high level while driving through the U-turn.

“Acha, drive slow, it frightens me”, she gulped out with fright when he increased the speed of the car while going through the U-turn in his anger which he was trying to control but could not but when she expressed her fear he slowed the speed of the car and transform his anger into hidden caresses.

--

“Asalam O Alaikum, kaisi hain aap” (Asalam O Alaikum Ammi, how are you), as she enterd in house of her mother when her mother opened the gate, she hugged her and greeted her and then moved towards sofa to put her clutch and bag on sofa.

-“Walaikum Asalam meri bachi, main theek hoon tum sunao, aur Faraz kahan hai, who nahi aaya, woh nahi aaya toh phir tum kis k saath aai ho kai akelay tou nahi aai”(Walaikum Asalam my daughter, I am fine, what about you, and where is Faraz?, didn’t he come? And if he didn’t come then who dropped you? Did you come alone, didn’t you?)

“Uff ho Ammi! itne saaray sawalat, wo bhi ek hi saans mein! nahi main akelay nahi aai hoon, Faraz ne hi mujhe chora hai yahan aur jaldi mein tha isiliye yahan se wapis hall gaya hai” (Uff Ammi! so many question in one breathe! No I haven’t come alone, Faraz had dropped me here but he was in hurry that’s why he dropped me and drove back to the hall)

-“Waisay tumhara miyan hai bohat akroo, main ne tou kabhi muskaratay huay bhi nahi dekha usay, kiya uska eemaan wemaan hai bhi ya nahi” (By the way, your husband is very serious, I have not seen him smiling ever, does he has belief on God or not?), she was standing and commenting on her husband’s personality and asking pathetic questions while she was sitting on the sofa placed at right angle to the one on which her bag and clutch were placed.

“Uskay na muskaranay ka aur eemaan wala honay ka kiya taaluq hai” (What is there a relationship between his not smiling and being a believer), she could not understand her philosophy and she left with opened mouth and confused and asked her.

-“Taaluq hain na, jo eemaan wala hota hai uskay chehray pea lag nor aur muskarahat hoti hai,  jo tumharay miyan k chehray par bilkul bhi nahi” (there is a relationship, the one who has a belief on god, he or she has different kind of lightening and shine and smile on his or her face which is not there on your husband’s face), she walked towards her and sat beside her on the sofa on which her bags were placed but very near to her.

“Jo bhi ho, par wo un logon se ziada behtar musalman hai jo apne musalman honay ka dawa kartein hain” (Whatever it is I don’t care, but I know that he is better Muslim than those Muslims who show themselves Muslims)

-“Yeh koi baat waat nahi hoti, tum batao tou sai kiya us ne kabhi tumharay saamne namaz parhi hai” (Its not right, you tell me did he ever offer a prayer in front of you)

“Pata nahi, waisay mere saamne parhi tou nahi hai” (I don’t know, but he has not offered yet in front of me)

-“Kalma parha hai tumharay samnay” (Has he said kalma in front of you)

“Nahi” (No), answered thoughtfully after rolling her eyes to think.

-“Allah ka naam tou liya hoga” (Atleast he had taken the name of Allah?)

“Leta hai ya nahi is ka tou maloom nahi par mere saamne kabhi nahi liya” (Whether he takes it or not I have not any idea  of it, but he had not taken in front of me)

-“Hai Allah kai main ne apni bachi ki sahhadi kisi gair musalman gharanay mein tou nahi kaardi, nahi, tum abhi usay phone karo aur pooch k wo Allah ko manta hai ya nahi, ya phir wo atheist hai” (Oh my God! Didn’t I maary you at any non-Muslim family? No! you phone him now and ask him whether he believes on Allah or not or is he atheist?)

“Mummy, for God’s sake! Kiya ho gaya hai aap ko! Aap you haath dho kar Fraz k peechay par gai hain! Fikar na karay Musalman gharanay mein hi aap ne apni bachi ki shaadi ki hai aur bachi ka miyan bhi musalmaan hi hai”(Mummy, for God’s sake! What has happened to you! You have importuned behind my husband! Don’t worry you have married your daughter in a Muslim family and the husband of your daughter is Muslim too)

-“Nahi! Tum phone karo” (No! you phone him)

“Mummy!!!!”

And she didn’t listen to her a finally she had to phone him.

“Hello Faraz, kaisay ho” (Hello Faraz, how are you), while sitting in the hall with his uncle and cousins, his phone rang and on seeing his wife was phoning him he got confuse that why she is calling even when they had chig wag some minutes before but before he could say hello and ask her the reason she blurt it out as he received the call.

-“Kiya baat karni hai, wo batao” (What do you want to talk about, tell me that), she could understand her tone that was filled with some tension and nervousness due to which she was roaming around the bushes and he understood that. He was speaking in low volume but not too low while looking down.

“poocho!” (ask!), she was pressurizing her on the other hand to ask him.

“Wo tum kiya sub k saath baithay ho” (that…..you are, are you sitting with others), when she was saying he was nodding his head as she said and emoting interrogative expressions that what she wants to say

-“Haan” (Yes)

“Tou please thori deir k liye kahin aur jaao” (So please go away from there)

-‘Tum batao, tumhein kiya baat karni hai, please” (You tell me what do want to say), he understood her tone and her nervousness that it was something she wanted to ask him and that why she got a bit straightforward and asked her to say it now.

“wo, kiya tum Allah ko mantein ho” (you.. do you believe in Allah?)

-“Maloom nahi"(Don't know)

Her question didn’t puzzle her but when she was asking him she was emoting interrogative expressions and thus on the completion of her question he replied normally and straightly.

“kiya matlab maloom nahi” (What do you mean by don’t know)’ she was asking him one hand and her mother on the other hand doing “Tauba tauba tauba, ya Allah sub khair se tu rakhna” (God forbidden, god forbidden, Oh Allah please settle everything fine) and she was side-eyeing at her and grimacing while in brain murmuring “Mummy, mummy!)

-“Yahi k mujhe nahi maloom k main musalman hoon ya nahi” (that is it that I don’t know whether I am Muslim or not)

“Tum atheist tou nahi ho na?” (Aren’t you atheist, aren’t you?), her mother on the other hand put her hands on her cheeks in shock and saying “Ya Allah atheist tak ki naubat aagai, main tabhi kehti hoon k yeh chokra sahi nahi hai” (Oh my Allah, situation arises at the peak of being atheist, that’s why I say that this boy is not right) and rolling beads of tazbeeh which she was carrying and holding from the fingers of both hands and wearing scarf with knot in the centre, when she asked her about atheist because his reply on being Muslim is so pathetic that she could have divorce so to safe her and his marriage she asked him about being atheist and she knew that his answer would be “No”.

-“Nahi” (No), when he replied, she motioned her right hand’s index finger at phone with straight and widened lips and outward eyes along with raised eyebrows and thanking with relief  with raising her hands for dua “Ya Allah tera shukar hai, meray malik”(Ooh Allah, Thank you, my lord) and she was grimacing “Ufff ho, What I should do of her!”

“Acha chalo theek hai” (Okay it is fine)

-“Aur kuch poochna hai” (Do you want to ask anything else?), asked a bit with sarcasm or straightly.

“No”

-“Thank you”, actually her questions somehow annoyed her that how can she asked him now and that’s why at end he thanked her for not asking anything else like this.

--

“Aur I am home!” (And I am home!), walked in the house and threw his bag on the sofa and walked towards dining table while cheering out and rubbling his hands on seeing plate of cucumbers arranged in circles and nicely cut onions in centre of the plate “Aur jaldi jaldi khaana lagwao, bohat bhook lag rahi hai” (And please serve food hurriedly, cause’ I am very hungry), while on the other hand in front him the three of them were sitting in line and discussing “Qazi ka yeh yeh pplan hai takay elections mein jeet jai aur phir us Hamid Mir k show mein bhi tou yahi kaha tha k bazi humari hai”, actually the centre one was saying and biting cucumber and others were listening and having cucumbers and on seeing them still being the same and still discussing politics since he left and when he came back he looked up rolling his eyes jumping his hands up from thighs and opening mouth to say “Oh God!, ya Allah tauba meray gunay ki” (Oh God! Oh Allah forgive me for my sins).

-“Kiya hua beta” (What happened to you)

“Kuch nahi chacha jaan, bus yeh soch raha tha k aap teeno ko kisi business man k yahan nahi kisi politician ya kisi journalist k yahan paida hona chahiye tha” (Nothing dear uncle, I was just think that you three should not born at a businessman’s house, infact you all should be born at any politician’s ar any any journalist’s house), jumping his hand from looking up to looking down at his thighs and floor and observing him saying “Panah mangta hoon apne gunahon ki” (I ask for forgiveness for my sins), the one sitting at right side to centre one asked him what happened to him and then he looked up and start moving  and sliding spoon in his plate which her sister served to all of them when he was looking up, filled with Singaporean rice and replied him.

_”Yeh sahi baat ki tum ne beta” his dear uncle expressed his feelings with raising his index finger of left hand and further continued “Tumhein pata hai k hum teeno politics mein  hi jana tha par aba ji ne mana kar diya, aur isi liye aaj ttum bhi ek business k betay ho, kisi politician ya journalist k nahi”(do you know we all wanted to go in politics but our dear refused us, and that is why today you are the son of a businessman, not of any politician or journalist), he was telling him the story and reason of their businessman today and he was having delicious Singaporean rice which her sister, elder and younger paternal aunties and her mother cooked and nodding his head because he had listened it many times and repeating in his head the words before he would say “Par tumharay dada jaan ne mana kar diya…” (But you dear grandfather unallowed us…)

“marhoom dada jaan ne apni zindagi yahi ek kaam bohat danishmandi ka kiya tha warna mujhe koi shok apne chacha jaan, abba jan aur taia jaan ko kisi talk show mein gapay laratay huay dekhnay ka” (late dear grandfather took a wise decision in his lifetime otherwise I am not keen to watch my younger paternal uncle, my father and my elder paternal having chig wag on any talk show), her was done with his Singaporean rice-his favourite dish, and told him after putting spoon on plate with “Tann!”  and continued with calling her mother and paternal aunties-standing in lounge and folding clothes placed on the sofas, “Kyun mummy, chichi jaan aur tai jaan, kiya kehti hain” (What say mummu, dear younger paternal auntie and dear elder paternal auntie, about it)

“Sahi keh rahay ho, aray hum kon sa mehfilein laga laga k baithna ka shok hai” (My dear son you are saying right otherwise we are not keen to sit in mehfils), her dear chachi jaan came near to his seat with sweater hanging around her forearm and told in her own style as if she is complaining just like a typical chamak challo.

“Aap teeno se ziada samjhdar tou aap ka beta aur bhatija hai” (You son and your nephew is wiser than you three), her dear tai jaan gave them a taunt while standing at her place and stop folding and after saying started to fold the clothes she was carrying and mother agreed “Aur nahi tou kiya” (of course) and he left with raising his eyebrows in front of them after all the three managers of house were on his side or supporting him.


"Tum se acha tou beta tumhara dost hai" (Your friend is better than you), his dear chacha jaan said after looking up at him from looking down with funny embarrassment.
"Woh kiya naam hai uska, haan Fajahad!" (What is his name, yeah Fajahad!), his taya jaan said and called out his name in loud voice when he remembered what was his name.
"Haan beta yeh tou hai, woh Fajahad hai bohat acha, MashAllah" (Yes, it is right, your friend Fajahad is very nice guy, by the will of Allah), his tai jaan said while standing behind his near sofa set along with folding clothes.
"Bus ab Fajahad nama shuru !" (Now the Fajahad soundtrack has started!), he murmured while picking up cumcumber from salad plate and continued further in hear-able voice to her "par timatar, hara dhaniya, adha pau dahi tou main laa kar deta hoon na!" (But I brig those tomatoes, green coriander leaves and half pao yogurt for you!), he said and then put cucumber-cut sharply in circle shapes, and smiling, a loop sided smile.
"Par jab tumhara dost tumhe dhoondte dhoondte yahan aata hai tou woh bhi yeh sub laa deta hai aur aksar aukaat tou hum teeno k liye makai bhi ley aata hai", (But when we ask your friend to buy things for us he too buys it when he comes here to find you and furthermore he also brings corn kernels for us), his mother was reading a complete book called Fajahad Nama, according to him and that's why he murmured "Salay kuttay ne makai se inko khareed liya" (He dog has purchased them with corn kernels!) and bite the cucumber.
"Woh bhai bohat kamal ka bacha" (He is an outstanding kid!)
"Har gali ka pata hai" (He knows about every street)
"Aur politics mein bhi aagay hai" (And he is also aware of politics,not behind in it)
These were his uncles and fathers were diecusing the the book Fajahad Nama.
"Tumhari tarah politician ko totay maina larana nahi kehta" (He doesnt say fight between parrots and mynah to politician like you) his father taunt him.
"Filhal aap log kamre mein jaa kar yeh totay maina larai kyun k abhi kaam ka waqt hai safai karni hai" (now you have fight between parrots and mynah in room because it is time of cleaning), Nida-sister of Farhan, walked out of the kitchen and stood against the edge of the table beside male adults of the family at huge distance and said while Farhan standing up from the seat murmured "Lo aagai Hitler ki maa" (Here now arises Mother of Hitler) and walked upstairs into his father's room where all other men of house gathered.

In room they were sitting in round circle beyond king sized bed in circle, smoking cigarettes and discussing politics, his father and his father's brothers favorite hobby for English and favorite mashgala for Farhan and typical Pakistanis.

While they were discussing he slided against the wall smoking his cigar which he smoked in a month otherwise cigarettes as frequently with his uncles and father with one leg straigtly lying on the floor and other meeting up with his pelvis or becoming a resting place for his right hand's arm and thinking  wile blowing air and smoke out of his mouth "Why they all think they are failures"



© 2016 Irenic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on October 2, 2016
Last Updated on October 2, 2016

Fard


Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic