Memoni

Memoni

A Chapter by Irenic
"

When she spoke Memoni......................

"
"Nidi!!!! Nidi!!!!!"
"Aai baba"(i am coming), she come to him from kitchen.
"Haan bolo, oooo tou yeh sub tumharay dost hain?"(yes say, oooooo so they all are your friends?), She continued, while coming out of the kitchen while drying hands, she asked him why he called her but when she saw his friends a pleasure arose on her face.
"Jee, tou sipahion yeh hain meri sweet si bhabbi Nidi aur Nidi yeh sub meray college k dost hain, yeh Farhan hai issay tou aap janti hai,yeh Sammer hai, yeh Haider, Karan, Hamma....."(yes, so soldiers and battalion she is my sweet sister in law Nidi and Nidi they are my college friends: he is Farhan, you know him, he is Sammer, he is Haider, Karan, Hamma......), He was introducing both the parties with each other and left unsaid when her mother came calling out her name Nida!!! Nida!!!"
"Jee auntie"(yes auntie)
"Yeh Kiya laga rakha hai, in bacho mein khari khari kiya kar rahi ho, tumhein sirf ek kaam diya tha bedsheet mere kamrey ki sahi karne ka kyun k aaj Noor Afza nahi aai liken tumhein tou woh bhi nahi karna tha aur yahan aa k gapay marnay kharee hogai"(what is going  on here!! What are doing there, standing among children!! I gave you just one task to make my bedsheet because Noor Afza didn't  come today but you didn't want to that too and came here to have chin wag!!), She was scolding her.
And she listened only while looking down.
His friends went upstairs in his room while Faji was standing there down with his sweet sister in law
"Mumm....", He was trying to stop her but she hold his hand to stop his moving lips and said herself "I am sorry main abhi kar deti hoon"(I am sorry I will do it now) and she went in room beside kitchen.
"Aur tum oopar jao"(and you go up), she ordered him.
"Aap k orders in pe chal sakte hain par mujh par Nahi"(your orders can be applied on them but not me), he said. He was angry on them. He went upstairs.
                   ------
"Sub rishtey k liye maan gaye hain"(everyone is pleased with this going to be form relationship), Kashif shouted happily when his brother promise to come Pakistan for his son's wedding.
"Tou kal ek chota sa get together rakh lein"(so why don't we organize a small get together for tomorrow), Ali's mother said.
"Haan kyun nahi zaroor"(yeah why not), he agreed.
                  -------
"Shayad koi masla ho gaya hai, ruko yaar main bhabbi ko bulata hoon"(may be there is some problem in it, wait, I will call bhabbi here).
"Yaar....", Farhan tried to stop him but he already went outside and his bhabbi was already coming up.
"Haan bolo, Kiya hua"(yes say, what happen), she said. She came in the room. She was drying her hands from dupatta.
"Nidi, yeh chalne mein masla Kar raha hai"(Nidi, see, it is making problems in operating), he handed him his laptop and his friends who were occupying the whole single bed moved aside.
"Ho gaya"(it is fixed now), she gave him back. She fixed it by clicking on few buttons and his friends looking with shock.
She handed him back.
"Chalein thank you bhabbi"(okay thank you bhabbi), he said.
"Yeh inhe kaisay aata hai"(how does she know it), Hammad asked.
"Kuttay woh software engineer hain"(dog, she is software engineer), Farhan said.
                  -------
"Ooh Bhai aap aagaye aaj mummy....."(ooh brother you have come today mummy.....), Fajahad said. He was coming down stairs. Everyone was gone except Farhan who was outside his room in corridor. Faraz got a bit perplexed inside that what happen to her but she interrupted. She stood up and walked to him "Haan mummy, auntie aaj tabiyat kaafi kharab thi, main ne dawai denay ki ki par tumhe pata hai na dawai kisey pasand hoti hai, tum Dekh lo ho Sakta hai tumhari bast maan jaye, Faji ne bhi try kiya par nahi maani isliye please"(yeah mummy, today auntie is not well, I tried to give her medicines but don't you know who likes medicine, so you see her, may be she will listen to you, Faji tried too but she didn't listen, that is why please, you see her), Faraz was only looking at her and listening her words only. And smiling. Faji tried to interrupt but he motioned his hand to stop him.
"Main dekh leta hoon unko, tum gari mein baitho, aaj check up hai, bari dair sey aaye gi tou bore ho jaoon ga"(ok I will see her, you go and sit on car, to day is my check up, my turn is late so I will get bore), he could only say that because he trying to pacify her or try to participate in her story making, may be.
She agreed.
She foot it to car while Faji ran to him and saying "Bhai aisa kuch nahi hai Nidi......"( Brother there is nothing like that Nidi.....), Faraz patted on his shoulder and said "Tum enjoy karo main dekh leta hoon, Farhan bhi aaya hua hai, oopar jao, ussay company dou"(you enjoy I will see it, Farhan is here, go up, give him company), and he walked forward and poor Faji left unheard and thinking "Bhai aaj ajeeb react kyun kar rahay hain, baat bhi nahi suni meri"(why bro is reacting weird today, he even did not listen to me).
Farhan ran inside in room when he heard his name and realized that Faraz saw him listening their conversation.
                     -------
"Ab aap ki tabiyat kaisi hai??"(how is your health now??), he went into the room and stood near her bed.
"Meri tabiyat tou bilkul theek hai"(my health is very perfect), she, sitting on arm chair, took her eyes away from book when he came and the answered.
"Tou Yani waqai kharab hai"(it means it is not really well), as the reply came, he walked to his left to take out medicines from the big cupboard attached to the wall in dimly lightened room.
"Yeh Lee jiye"(take it), he poured the medicine in spoon and bring near to her lips.
"Jab itni parwah hai tou maa kyun nahi kehte mujhe?"(when you care about me soo much then why don't you call me mother?), his hidden affection could be seen by her from his eyes looking down and kneeling down in front of her in her respect.
"Tera saal ka tha jab wahan gira tha aur udhar utha tha, phir wapis gira tha wahan aur utha tha yahan phir yahan gira tha aur udhar utha tha ab agar yahan wapis gira tou phir kabhi nahi uth sakoon ga kyun k yahan k deewaarein itni mazboot nahi hain k mujhe khara kar sakein"(at the age of 13 I fell there and stood there(another) then again I fell there and stood here then I fell here and stood there(same another) and if I fall here again I won't be able to stand again because the walls of here are not so powerful that they could lift me up), he said. Whole time he was looking down but his incarnation could be felt.
"Deewaarein mazboot nahi hain yani mohabbatein khalis nahi hain jab mohabbatein khalis nahi hain tou phir yeh ghutno pey baithna kaisa?"(Walls are not strong, it means love is not pure, if love is not pure then what it is meant to sit on knees?)
"Mohabbatein tou bohat mukhlis aur khalis hain par izharrat mein kami hai, agar aaj aap mera izhaar qubool kar lein tou shayad is ghar ki deewaarein mazboot ho jayein aur main girne k liye raazi ho jaon"(Love is very much pure and clear but the expressing is absent, If today you would accept my expression then may be walls get strong and I will agree to fall down)
And she took a spoon of medicine from his hand.
"Chalein main chalta hoon, aap apna khayal rakhyein ga, raat ki dawai yaad sey lay lee jeeyein ga"(okay I am going now, you take care of yourself, take medical on time at night), he said. Her heartbeat got louder when he was walking out of the room and remembering how she left him there unprotected that day and how he left her today protected and safe.
                   --------
"Chalo jee"(okay so), he sat in the car and breathed "ab chalein"(now can we go), he continued.
"Haan"(yes), her loud and confident voice turned tame in front of as usual.
"Okay so", he drove the car.
While the car was being driven behind, she said "aaj tum itna ajeeb act kyun kar rahay ho?"(why you are reacting weird today?)
"Ajeeb Kiya??"(what weird??), he asked. He laughed being loop sided. He was looking forward.
"Aaj itna has rahay ho warna kabhi itna nahi hastay, sub khairiat tou hai na??", She asked. She was giving many pauses. May be she was stammering. She was massaging her fingers and hands turn by turn. May be she was confused.
"Relax Nida! Main tumhein maar thori na daalun ga", he said. He felt her fear. May be he observed it.
"I am relaxed", she said. She sat straight.
"I can see it", he still can see it.
"Tumhein tou check up k liye jaana tha phir yahan kyun", she asked. The car stopped by him in front of her mother's home.
"Aisay hi, wahan rush hai, is liye aur Jamal ne bhi bulaya tha", he said. He seemed to be quite natural. But that natural behaviour perplexing her because his everyday behaviour was different from that day's normal behaviour.
                      ---------
-"Tou ji kiya haal hain aap k?"(So how are your days?)
"Main theek tum sunao"(I am fine you tell)
-"aap sey ek kaam tha"(I have to talk to you)
"Haan bolo"(yes say)
-"hum doston ko software house kholna hai tou guide........."(we friends want to open software house so guide..........)

The two, Faraz and his brother in law were talking when she marched into the room and threw shirt on his face 
"Kiya hua bhai?"(what happen?)
"Yeh sub kiya hai, munjhi saaji shirt jaalaye mandiya, chawal jera aaye tu"(What is this! you have burnt my whole shirt! You are very idiot and useless!), she said. She burst out. She said in her mother language, Memoni.
He side eyed at Faraz who was instead of calming her down, looking up at her and smiling letting everyone to see his teeth and when she stopped, he said "Kabhi mukay bhi hin baytaklufi sa wasta karaye"(let me too meet that informality of yours to me someday).
And she looked down. She was shying.
"Bhai aap tou majnu niklay!"(Oh you come out to be Majnu,brother!), his words brought the flow of excitement to highest point.
He swirled down with shyness that even brought wrinkles around his eyes on fair red face.
"kiya ho raha bhai k aaj Faraz sahab bhi muskura rahay hain?"(what is happening here that even Faraz is smiling too?), her mother entered in the room, brought a tray of drinks and refreshment. 
"Bhai Faraz sahab ka apni biwi ki tooti phooti memoni pe dil aa gaya hai"(Faraz brother has given his heart to his wife's broken Memoni), Jamal said. He was very much filled. 
she also laughed.
                                                    ----------
"Tou jee, ab kiya plan hai"(so, what is the plan now?)
"kuch nahi, bus yeh game jeetne ka plan hai"(nothing except wining this game)
All of them were playing foosball at indoor games cafe. It was night.
"Yaar tum, Salman aur Imran, zara chaat waat tou order karo, Faji tu kiya khai ga aur tum sub bhi"(Okay then you, Salman and Imran, order some Chaat Waat, what will you eat Faji and others too?)
"yeh cheez!"(that's a thing!), and Faji won while he was busy in ordering food.
                                                  --------
"Tou janab papers ki taiyaari ka kiya scene hai, parhna hai ya nahi?"(so what about study's scene, study or not study),
"ek tou iss chutiyay ko bhagao!"(first of all swirl that wanderer away!), Imran's going-upward hand-towards mouth stopped and he shouted
"haan yaar! Humesha parhai ki baatein hai yeh Farhan tou!"(Yeah! He, Farhan, always talk about study), Salman agreed. He was eating too. He was mouthful, completely.
"aur waisay bhi yaar, aaj parha tou tha, maths k chaar chapters kiye tou thay"(and yaar se studied today, we did four chapters in maths), Abbas told them.
"Fajahad ne hi tou karwaye thay"(Fajahad let us to do), Salman dabbed at Fajahad who was quite.
"aur nahi tou kiya warna tum log tou aisay chamaar k khud kar hi na lou"(yeah, of course, otherwise you all ae too dumb to do by yourselves)
"ooye insaan banja yo, sirf maths mein tu acha hai, bakiya subjects ka kiya?"(ooh you are only good at maths, what about rest of the subjects?), Imran said. His roll swirl down.
"uskay liye apna Farhan hai na, Ghalib ka daswa pota"(Farhan is there for others, Ghalib's tenth grandchild), Fajahad said. He said while tearing a piece of tandoor to float Qourma in to it and eat it.
"yeh sahi baat ki, tou bus kal tu hum sub ko urdu k shair yaad kara dio kal break aur chuti mein iskay ilawah raste mein bhi"(Yeah thats right, so tomorrow you will learn us urdu poetries in break aur when college time is over as well as in van too), Junaid, who was so much in his food took part in chig wag. 
                                                 ---------
"tu meray ghar aa jaio kal, theek, saat k baad"(you come at place, okay, after 7)
He good bye Farhan.
and as he turned , he only left with running and uttering with panting "Salman, Salman"
                                               ---------
"Darasal yeh heart patient hai isliye and today you all enjoyed alot isliye, but thank you"(Actually he is heart patient and today you all enjoyed alot, thats why),
-"is pagal ne kabhi bataya hi nahi"(he, mad, never told us)
"acha chalta hoon auntie, aur tu Salman apna khayal rakiyo"(Okay now I will go, and you Salman, take care of yourself)
                                               --------


© 2018 Irenic


Author's Note

Irenic
review
Memoni is a language similar to Sindhi and Urdu
Roti is home made bread
Tandoor is a kind of roti

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
Added on February 24, 2018
Last Updated on February 24, 2018
Tags: Memoni, insult, upset

Fard


Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic