News

News

A Chapter by Irenic
"

when they had news...............

"

"Chalo theek hai
Haan yeh bhi sahi hai
Phir main wahin aata hoon"(okay

yeah, that is right too,

then I willcome there), the car was driven.


"Asalam O Alaikum bhai"
"Walaikum Asalam beta kaisi ho"(Walaikum Asalam dear, how are you)
"Main theek hoon aap kaisay hain"(I am fine, how are you)
"Main theek hoon meri jaan par beta Nida kahan hai?"(I am fine my dear but darling where is Nida?)
"Nida baji yaheen kaheen hongi"(Nida Baji would be here and there), and he was welcomed by a little girl who opened the both doors. He walked in and looking around to find her glimpse when she saw a little older girl and asked her "Beta Nida kahan hai?"(Where is Nida, daughter?)
"Nida baji, woh...yeh rahi aa gai"(Nida Baji, she...here is she)
And he saw loose twist in open brown hair and hands cajoling a white cat. Lips curved up and heart went down.
"Nida baji, Faraz bhai aap ko dhoond rahay hain"(Nida Baji, Farz bhai was looking for you)
The almond eyes looked up at him.
"Kaisi ho"(how are you)
"Main theek hoon"(I am fine)
And eyes on both sides stayed with blinking. The thin almond eyes of tall Faraz with smile down at her and her big akmond eyes up at him with a little fear and he uttered " chalo"(come)
"Kahan?"(where?)
"Kahin bhi, ek zaroori kaam hai"(anywhere, there is something important)
"Acha"(okay)
He was all the time smiling.
She had a little fear.
They were walking out when she came "kahan jaa rahay ho tum dono?"(where both of you are going?)
"Kahin nahi, khala ne cake lanay ko bola hai tou bus isi kiye"(Nothing, Khala asked me to bring and for that we both are going)
"Acha"(okay)

The two cups were laid on table between them. He was looking at her. Her twist, her open hair and her eyes.
"Hum yahan kyun aayein hain?"(why we have come here?)
"Isliye"(because of this)
And the cake was put onto the table.
"Happy Birthday"
Her hands covered her mouth and eyes opened widely.
"Thank you", and then she looked up at him who was looking at her expression and smiling. His teeth could be seen. His hands were folded.
"Abhi thank you mat kaho ek aur khushkhabri hai"(Do not say thank you now, there is one more good news)
"Woh kiya?"(what that?)
"Yahi k you are fertile bus ek choti si treatment karwani hogi"(simple that you are fertile, only a small treatment is needed)
She was still looking at her.

And he understood what her opened jaws trying to express. And that is why he continued:
"Haan main khud doctor k pass gaya tha aur tumhari reports bhi dekhai thi. And she told me that it is not a severe problem. It can be sorted out in few months, bus ek choti si surjery karni paray ge."(yeah, I went to doctor myself and showed her your reports so she said that there is not anything to be worried. The problem can be sorted out in few months but a small surgery is required.)
She could not face her anymore.
She looked down suddenly at her laps. But mind was preoccupied.
She was confused. She was playing with her bracelet and uttered with panting heart "I am sorry Faraz"
"Haha sorry kiya Nida, you should be happy, main is liye nahi gaya tha kyun k tum mujh se naraz thi ya phir main tumhari baataon se chir gaya tha, mujhe waisay bhi jana tha tou aaj chala gaya takay tumhein surprise dey sakoon agar koi good news ho tou, and it resulted in good news is liye bata diya, mujhe nahi pata tha tum abhi uss baat ko lay kar baithi hogi aur yeh khabar sunn kar nervous ho jao gee warna main tumhein aaj nahi batata, I am sorry Nida"(Haha what sorry Nida, you should be happy, I didn't go because of your being upset and because of me who was annoyed by your words which you think, I want to go that is why I went there because if it would be good news so I could give you surprise and the visit resulted in good news that is why I told you but I did not know that you are still in that past and would get nervous after the breaking of this news, otherwise I would not tell you that today, I am sorry Nida.)
                        -
-"Asalam O Alaikum chachi jaan"(Asalam O Alaikum chachi jaan)
"Aray humara bacha aagaya!...kaisay ho Fajahad!"(Oh our child has come!..how are you my boy!), as they entered, she hugged her son's counsin-the moon of her eyes.
-"Theek hoon! theek hoon! aap sunayein...main waisay aap se bada naraaz hoon, itni badi news aap ne mujhe nahi batai, aaj factory gaya tou Kashif chacha ne batai"(fine and fine! you tell....I am very upset of you, you didn't tell me such a big news, i came to know it today from Kashif chacha when I went to factory)
"Oho meray betay kafi busy hogai thi na main is liye, aur tum bhi tou itnay dino sey gaib thay, yeh nahi k chachi jaan k pass dou ghari baithne k liye aaya jaye karo"(Oh my son I was busy in those days that is why, and you too did not come in these, can't you come for two minutes to meet your chachi jaan)
-"Sorry na, please maaf kardein"(sorry, please forgive me)


"Aap chachi bhatijay ki aatein khatam hui hon tou aap dono apna qeemti waqt mujhay dey saktay hain?"(If chachi and nephew's conversation is ended then you both can give your precious time to me?), his chacha jaan said who was sitting behind them on sofa. And they were standing at gate
                     --
"Aaj main yahin rukun ge, tum, Nida aur Farah Kasif k yahan chalay jao, shaadi wala ghar hai bula rahay hain tum logon ko"(Today I will stay here; you, Nida and Farah go at Kshif's place, it is now a wedding-going-on house, he is calling you all)

"theek hai"(okay)
                 ---
-"Haan tou jee ye raha sample!
Yeh hai parveen auntie wala
Yeh Hina aapa ka
Yeh Bunti aur Butt sahab wala"(So here is the sample

this one is of Parveen auntie

this one of Hina aapa

this one of Banti and Butt sahab one)

"Yeh samples ki kiya zaroorat Parveen auntie wala final karo"(what is the need of these samples, jjust finalised Parveen auntie's one sample)
-"Dekha mujhe pehley hi pata tha isliye main ne..."(See I already knew about it thats why I...)
And they entered and Kashif excitedly uttered out "aray dekho farah bhi aa gai!"(Oh see Farah has come!)
-"Aray Faraz bhai aap bhi, yes!!"(Farah Bhai has also come, yes!!), the younger brother was stretching his neck to see out and after seeing his older mirror image he pushed the fist down.
                   ----
-"Tou Parveen auntie sey humein paray ga lag bhag 70,000 ka"(So from Parveen auntie it would cost us upto 70,000 approximately), chahcha and bhatija were busy in calculating and writing calculations on pad.
"Papa main aap ka iklota beta hoon bijaye iskay k kisi achay restauraunt sey khana banwaye aap hain k lalukait ki aurton se banwanay par tulay huay hain"(Papa, I am your only son instead of giving order to any good restaurant you give my engagement's order to any typical Lalokhait's woman), and meanwhile chacha's only son could not tolerate any cheap and economical food items in his event. He uttered out that he wanted good catering but...
-"Ooye chup kar ek tou din ba din market gir rahi hai aur sahab zaday ko royalty ki pari hai"(Oh keep your mouth shut, market is already sinking and son desires to have royalty),...Fajahad uttered out reality in street smarters' language.


"Aur nahi tou kiya! Isay choro beta, abhi appni Parveen auntie ko ohone kar k deal final karo"(Of course isn't it! Leave him and phone your Parveen auntie now to finalise the order), Chacha jaan was on his side too.
"Betay ki jaga betay k cousin ki suni jaa rahi hai!"(instead of son, son's cousin's words are given ears!), their partnership boiled Ali's blood.
"Betay k cousin ki nahi khandan k bachay ki"(not to son's cousin but to family's child), 
"Tou hum kagan k bachay hain edhi centre k?"(So we are the kids of what? of Edhi centre?), Kashif boiled his blood more.
"La'ahaul wala kuwat! Kabhi tou dhang ki baat karkia karo ali!"(Oh god forbidden! Can't you say something good anyday, Ali!), busy bee Kashif who was making two sides in money packed in bundle, said.
"Aur aap jo kar rahay hain woh kiya hai?!..ttharay main mummy ko bulata hoon....ammi..."(and whatever you are doing is right?! Wait I call mummy...Ammi)

And he ran out of dining room to his room at upstairs.
                     -----
And they all were laughing
"Acha chalein main nikalta hoon"(Okay now, I will go now), Faraz said who was sitting beside her in lounge with his sister and chachi jaan. Sister and chachi jaan were sitting on another sofa adjacent to it where they were sitting. Both of them (a couple) were sitting separetly on single seat sofa.
"Itni jaldi!"(so early!), his chachi exclaimed.
"Kal office bhi jana hai is liye....tumhein baithna hai tum baitho..Fajahad k saath aa jana, theek hai"(tomorrow I have to go office...you stay here if you want to, you can come back with Fajahad, okay?), he replied then turned to her who was also standing up to leave and told her that she could stay there.
"Nahi nahi saath chaltay hain"(no no we will go together)
"Jaisi tumhari marzi...chalo aajao..kehti ho tou thori dair baad chaltay hain"(ok as you wish..come now, we can go afterwards if you say), he laughed initially, and then asked her to come out. After observing her expressions he asked her to go a little late.
"Nahi nahi abhi chaltay hain aaj kafi busy thay tum"(no no we will go now, you were quite busy today)
"Tum bhi tou thi. ..aao chalein"(you were too...can we go now?)
And he let Nida to go out first.
His ettiquetes let Farah who was also sitting there beside her chachi uttered her wish out "I wish k mera shohar bilkul Faraz bhai jaisa ho, Faraz bhai is exemplary"(I wish my husband would be like Faraz bhai. Faraz bhai is very exemplary)
"Allah na karay meri naan, jin mardon mein fault hoti hai unko apni wife ki khidmat karni parti hai kyun k unho ne unse shaadi ki hai ek faulty insaan sey bhala hum kyun chahein ge k tumharay shohar nein koi nuqs ho"(god forbidden, those men who have faults have to treat their wives tenderly because they married them and accepted their faults and why should we want our daughter to have a faulty husband)
"Bhai mein aisa kiya ....."(what is in Bhai...)
"Farah chalo tou, hum bhi bhai k saath hi chaltay hain, kafi raat hogai hai hum dono ko maths bhi karna hai abhi"
(Farah you come too,we are going with Faraz bhai, it is quite late now, we have to do maths too), her chachi's words reddened him.
And while they were going out he even did not greet her and while going towards he uttered to his sister "yeh chachi tou hain hi pagal khud k shohar ne kabhk inki paraa ki nahi tou jab kisi aur k shohat ko caring dekhti hain tou jealous hoti hai, humaray faraz bhai bohat achay hain"(our chachi is totally mad, her own husband don't care for her that's why she is jealous of those women whose husbands are caring for them. Our Faraz bhai is really good)
               ------

And she standing looking at him sleeping straight holding his wife's hand and remembering her sister's words

"agar tumhein ussay dekh kar apni galti yaadaati hai tou ussay bhi tumhein dekh kar yaad aata hoga that he is the outcome of illegal relationship liken aaj takuss neyiss baat ka zikar tak nahi kiya aur tum ab bhi uss k saath galat kar rahi ho, jab k maana ya na mano galti tumhari hi thi"(If his face reminds you your mistake then your face too reminds him that he is the outcome of an illegal relationship but he never expressed and you still do wrong with him and wheter you agree or not but it is your mistake) and tears skipped.



© 2018 Irenic


Author's Note

Irenic
chachi is paternal auntie(younger brother's wife)
chacha is paternal uncle (younger brother of father)
jaan means dear
beta means daughter but it can be used in terms of dear and darling
bhai means brother, it is usually placed after older sibling's name to give him or her respect.
Aapa means auntie. It is respectable one.

please review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on February 25, 2018
Last Updated on February 25, 2018
Tags: news, good, shohar, sorry, twist

Fard


Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic