Valima

Valima

A Chapter by Irenic
"

And there was valima....................

"

“Salam Chachi! Kaisi hain aap! Acha yeh bataye yeh Shameer, Rizwan aur yeh sub hain kahan?” (Salam Chachi! How are you? Okay now where is Shameer, Rizwan and all of them?)

“Uff ho! Paper sey aatay hi kaam! Idhar baitho, pehlay chachi k saath nashta karo phir jaana! Aur nashta kartay kartay batao k paper kaisa hua?” (Ohh my goodness! Chores after paper! Sit here, first have breakfast with your chachi and then go! And tell me how your paper gone while having breakfast.)

“Paper bohat bikar hua! Aur nashtay ki baat woh karoon ga baad mein pehlay in kambakhton ko utha k aaon” (Exam was gone terrible! And about nashta, I will definitely have it with youbut after waking these damned guys up)

“Aray aray!!” (Oh! Oh!)

“Utho Lantiyon” (Wake up Damned people!)

“Abay kiya hua! Kiya ho gaya!”(What happened, Man! What have happened!)

“Kuch nahi! Bus ab jaldi jaldi kharay ho aur jo jo keh raha hoon who karo!”(Nothing! Now wake up fast! Do what I am telling you to do!)

“Abay kiya hai tera masla! Kutay!...yeh kabhi bhi humein sonay nahi detay…harami….khud bhi nahi sotay aur humein bhi nahi sonay deta!”(What is your problem idiot! Dog!...He never let us sleep soundly…b*****d!....He never let himself to sleep and also not let us to sleep!)

“Uth bhi jao kambakhton!” (Please be waked up now, you damned!)

“Oooh Shameeeeeee ooye yeh Fajhad aaya hua hai! Kiasa hai tu! How was your paper?”(Oh Shameeeeeeeeeee Ooh it is Fajahad her! What’s up! How was your exam?)

“bohat baikar….yaar unko kahay uthay”(Very terrible….Ask them to wake up, friend)

“uthana kyun hai”(Why what want to wake them up?)

“bus hai ek waja”(there is one reason)

“dekh faji tu kitna bhi kuch na kuch kar le, kitna hi impress karne ki koshish kyun na karle, tu chahiye kitni hi achi hi dressing kyun na karle! Tu Faraz ko beat nahi kar sakta! Uski ek nazar har ladki ko deewana kar leti hai! Aur tu! Tujhe tou koi line bhi marta! Tou isliye tu sukoon se yahaan baith ja kyun k tu Faraz sey tou acha lag hi nahi sakta”(See Faji, whatever you will do or how much you try to impress others, how much you do good dressing! But you cannot beat Faraz! His one sight make every girl crazy! And you! No one even look at you! That is why sit down here patientlybecause at any cost, you cannot beat Fajahad!)

“Harami aaj tou main tujhe acha lag k dekhaaon ga! Teri biwi bhi apni nigah mujh par se hata nahi sakay gee!....abb uth jao kambakhton!”(B*****d today I will look dashing to you at any cost! Your wife even cant then will take her sight away from me!...now wake up you all, damned!)

-

“I, 2, 3,4!
5, 6, 7, 8
8, 7, 6, 5
4, 3, 2, 1!”

                       --

“Chalo jee hall taiyaar ho gaya!! Great!!” (Okay! So hall is ready! Great!!)

“Main aaya” (I am coming)

                       ---

“Tumhei pata hai, aaj Fajahad keh raha k wo….”(Do you know Fajahad was saying that he will….)

Jaws dropped down and eyes opened wide as perfectly cleaned face having big eyelashes, long nose, light pink lips and sharp jawline topped with unequal partition of silky jet black hair. His jaw dropping could be seen by that man too. That why there was whistling, flying up the collar of grey coat and showing off of hair by massaging along with eyes that were rolling away from him towards stage while singing “The way you make feel” of Michael Jackson.

                           ----

All were coming together with the DJ coming to play songs of special choice of Fajahad which Sadaf noticed and she ran to her dad “Papa yeh kiya ho raha hai?” (Papa, what is happening?)

“Kiya chanda?” (What, my moon?)

“Yeh DJ aur sub ladkon ka yahan aana plus partition ka khatam hona” (The coming of DJ and of all boys here beside dropping down of partition.)

“Bhae Fajahad ne meray saath shart rakhi thi k…” (Fajahad has set one condition with me that…)

The sentence was going to complete but the boys took the eyes away as they were standing gradually from sitting position and aligining themselves and as the tune progressed with “Hey na Hey na” the two from the farthest were coming out with dabbing one hand on the other keeping their walk casual that seem to alcoholic.

And as the tune stopped and coming up with
   “uski aankon mein baatein,”
                                        (There are words in her eyes),

the only Fajahad was standing in front having fingers of left hand in V shape on eyes that were looking down at right. The fingers were gradually running down till mouth as fist which opened. Eyes suddenly looked up wide and joining and unjoining fingers all opened suddenly with smile at right where he was standing bent when progressed
     “Baaton mein jadoo”
                                    (there's magic in her words)

The wringling hand ran down as he decided to move the physique now down smoothly which then he jerked up and expressing all his being charged up when played
    “Jadoo mein kho gaye hum
      hog aye bay kaboo”
                                           (I'm lost in that magic
                                    I've become restless
)

The body was jerked to see at right left. From there he moved speedily keeping his feet dancing one backwards while moving the V made fingers from his eyes to front and then back to his eyes on
            “I looked at you
               you looked at me”
 which then he ran from down to up on
                                                       “Aur ho gai mushkil”
             (and it became a problem)

The feet that reach till the last person began to move forward with hands in front of face moving right and left with legs drawing down gradually little which straighten up with hands circling up the head with waist rotating on
                                             “and you became my destiny aur tu meri manzil”
                                    (And you became my destiny and you are my spot)

And as the chorus startrted with

                                  “Dus bahanay kar k lay gaye dill aye gaye dil”
                                  (Making ten excuses you stole my heart away)

 the hands that were fanning up while being at thighs and face looking up with all fingers pen to show 10, the right hand moved at heart and flying up from there little and then coming again

And when the chorus perfectly started with boost all fist behind the front one began to push forward progressing with flushing off dirt at chest and throwing hands up

The song ended and all yellow shawls resting at food stalls jumped into their necks when there was the beginning of Rang de Basanti.

All of them were shaking their shoulders up and down and feet forwards as the rule of BHANGRA turning on left and right side.

The sudden humping down on floor and flourishing hand up and then dabbing on heart and then both hands on floor and then on chest on

                                     “Thodi si dhool meri
                                 dharti ki mere watan ki

                                 Thodi si dhool meri
                                 dharti ki mere watan ki

                                      (A little bit of my soil
  From the land of my country
  A little bit of my soil
  From the land of my country)

Which excited Ali who was sitting on stage with his wife. After all it was their favourite song of their favourite movie which they had watched together in cinema.

Their than standing up and pumping hands out and in while moving backward keeping themselves bent which then progressed with jumping up and waving hands at right when played

                                    “Thodi si khushboo baurayi si
   mast pavan ki

      (A little bit of scent
        From crazy winds )

Generated the comments “baray nachaiye bachay hain!” (The kids are very keen dancers!)

Hence the tune was followed by

   “Thodi si dhaunkne waali                                   
                                Dhak-dhak, dhak-dhak
, dhak-dhak saansein
                  (A little bit of lively
        
Fast beating breaths)

Which came up with side pose boys pumping their chest in and out and then the partners beating their chest togather with shawls putting in each other’s neck when

   “Jin mein ho junoon-junoon
                                    Woh boondein laal lahu ki

     (Full of passion
                                  
Those red drops of blood)

The beating of fist on to each other and then waving hands in air at right two times came up with

       “Yeh sab tu mila mila le
  Phir rang tu khila khila le
  Yeh sab tu mila mila le
  Phir rang tu khila khila le

         (Mix all of these together
 
Then form a vibrant colour
  Mix all of these together
 
Then form a vibrant colour
)

Which then followed by meeting each others back and shaking shoulders on

                                    “Aur mohe tu rang de basanti yara
                                      Mohe tu rang de basanti”
                                      (And my friend, paint me saffron
                                Paint me saffron
)

And all ran forward as there was echo of

      “hawye hawye hawye”
        (AHHHHHHH)

To climb on one after the other as there was the tradition of cousins to climb on the most front one and the topper would be the farthest one.

Fajhad had the weight of Shameer. Shameer had a weight of Rizwan. Rizwan hold Sadiq, Sadiq beared  Babur  and Babur had Junaid-mutual firend of Fajagad and Ali, who was doing bhangra on  fast beats of

                     “Mohe rang de basanti yaara
                       basanti, range de basanti”
                          (Paint me saffron
                      Paint me saffron
)

All were jaw dropped leaving their senses behind but chachaa and chachi jaan were running down

“utro neechay utro beta, humara bacha neechay para”(Come down! Come down! Our child is at very base!)

And there he said " Chacha main sahi hoon, dance humara kharab ho jaye ga please " (I am fine Chacha, don’t do this otherwise our dance will be distorted)

The weight came to drop as the tune of nest song started whose tunes were groove making but in different way, something dark, but not in wrong way, actually it would be neutral darkness.

And he drifted at very left at other side of stall where he was shaking his shoulders and legs in all directions keeping the body a bit stiff. It was straightened dance. And when whistling began in the tune his legs after the knees moved round the other many times with hands pinching and as the tune fastened his steps fastened getting more smooth and breathtaking and all ended with flame that he lit so high and burned so strongly when tune fastened to stop letting everyone to see with "awww" and Kashif with "beta mahanga parh gaya" (Son becomes expensive)

 

The words of:

        Dhoom again you wanna be with me on a roller coaster ride

Brought the connected fingers to push the body to up and roll the waist and hands up having a progression of pushing hands in at several times and legs in and out which then roll with whole body as the hall echoed with

                  “Dhoom again I see your wildest dreams slowly come alive”

 

The hands showing question and feet that moved around produced the rhythym that soon begand jumping togather first at right then at left along with hands on;

                  “Dhoom again we gonna break the rules and party all the time”

The feet then walking forward with rushing out one after the other with back near the floor and then suddenly moving backward with finger saying “no” on

                        “Dhoom again we gonna steal the show
                    You know that it no crime

Took the eyes of everyone especially when he swiftly moved forward with fist turned hands rushing in down the chest on “So steal off that you can” and then suddenly moving hands up as lord on “the magic you began” after which his stretching feet toomuch and hands pointing at the group standing at other side which on his fingers sit and stand suddenly on

                                     “Lets shout
  Break out”

Which brought all of them rushing forward where his hands smoothly runs up round when there was roar of “DHOOM MACHALE”
which then followed by demand which he made by looking them and emoting expressions of shouting that brought all of them forward keeping their physique slang with one hand lingering up and shaking the belt one side in and out two times and then walking at left with shaking shoulders when played

                      “Dhoom Machale, Dhoom Machale
                  Dhoom Machale, Dhoom Machale
                  Dhoom Machale, Dhoom Machale
                             Dhoom
                  Dhoom Machale, Dhoom Machale
                  Dhoom Machale, Dhoom Machale
                  Dhoom Machale, Dhoom Machale

And they bobed up in front togather when echoed “DHOOM”

The modern and western tune soon brought Pakistani folk tune that usually heard in the very own prvince of Sindh and all ran up fast for Ajrak resting at their sides of stall and roared out “Sub aajao”

And as the song started the folk dance of moving in circle and then ringing by joining the feets and there was echo of Dane pe Dana

And when the song ended the hall hand rain of Ajrak down.

And panting heart asked “Aur batayein chachi jaan kaun number lay gaya” (And Chachi jaan, now tell, who take all the numbers away?)

“bhae number tou larkay lay gaye humaray ghar k” (Boys of our house took all the number away!)

“Haan aap ka Fajhad jo shamil tha” (Yeah! Your Fajahad was in it, after all!)

 “saaray larkon ki mehnat thi bhae” (All boys’ effort was included)

            -----

“Tum jao main thori dair mein aati hoon, yeh sub nipta kar”(You go, I am coming in few minutes, after finishing up all the remaining work), she, while handling her sari, looked at him and convinced him.

“Chalo theek hai” (okay)

While walking in, the legs collided with glasses covered face and physique that covered in blue and green shirt and jeans and there was:

“Aray aray” (Oh oh) from Faraz’s side who then knelt down holding him from both shoulders and asking “sorry meri jaan, kahin lagi tou nahi aap ko!”(Sorry my dear, aren’t you hurt anywhere?)

“Nahi uncle” (No uncle), there was a bright smile on the face of little child who then looked behind when he listened his name being called in crowd from very behind “jee muma” (Yes muma)

“Bilal app….”(Bilal you….), her eyes when found his presence down in front of her child, her lips skipped the next words and eyes moved from down to up with him who stood up and welcomed her “Kaisi ho Sadaf, kab aai thi” (How are you Sadaf? When did you come?)

“Theek hoon. Tum kaisiay ho? Kal tumhari biwi sey mili thi, bohat achi hai.” (I am fine. How are you? Yesterday, I met your wife. She is very nice,), she felt a jerk and then replied that how she and then then told him about his wife. She then paused and completed with “bilkul tumhari tarhan” (exactly like you).

“Janta hoon” (I know), he said. His eyes didn’t blink, just looking at her while lips moving progressing the lump at neck to move down that had the domination of a nerves that runs up.

“phir kiya?” (then what?), his eyes enhanced with red lines on white area straightened her back and kept her eyes up at him. She skipped the beat

“phir yeh k main ussay kabhi nahi choroon ga. Agar waqai jannat aur jahanum exist karti hain tou wahan pe bhi uss k saath rahoon ga. Khuda ko keh doon ga agar galti meri biwi ki hai tou iska zimaidar main hoon aur chal paroon ga jahanum mein uska haath pakray” (Then it means I will never leave her. If heaven and hell really exists then I will be with her there too. I will say to the God that I am responsible for the mistake, my wife has committed and go with her in heaven by holding her hand.)

“Yahi tou humari jeet hai, Faraz” (It is our victory, Faraz), he listened. She said, after a pause. In that her pause her eyes we getting prominent because of red lines running till iris. Her reply looked him down at floor. “k tum pyaar se pyar karna sekhay nafrat nahi. Isay bari jeet koi ho sakti hai kiya?”(That you learn to love from love, not hatred. Is there any bigger victory than it?)

“chacha ko kehna aaj mithai lain” (Ask Chacha to bring sweet today.)

“kyun?” (Why?)

“kyun k aaj tumhari rakam poori hogai bilkul waisay hi jaisay bachay k awal aanay par abba ji k paisay” (Because today your payment have brought colours like the money of father when his son achieves first position)

“tumhari nahi humari” (Not your, it is our)

“tumharay aur humaray mein kiya farq hai sadaf? Tumharay mein main aur humaray mein tum shaamil hai tou phir baat kaisi, farq kaisa?” (What is the difference between your and our, Sadaf? I am present in YOUR and you are present in OUR so how is the classification there, difference there?)

“Ho gaya saara kaam, CEO sahab” (Everything is done, Mr.CEO), Nida came then.
“Shukar aa gai, tumhara hi intazaar tha” (Finally you have come, I was waiting for you.)
“Acha” (Okay), she laughed and continued when turned and found her “Aray Sadaf kaisi ho! Faraz tum ne bataya nahi tha! She is truly a wonderful person! I literally enjoyed with her yesterday” (Oh Sadafhow are you! Faraz, you have not told me about her! She is truly a wonderful person! I literally enjoyed with her!), the two hugged while telling him how much she enjoyed with her.

“Ok you guys carry on! Main Fajahad k paas sey aai” (Okay, you guys carry on. I will come but first have to go towards Fajahad.)

The conversation ended with “tum jao uncle ji tumhara wait kar rahay hon ge” (You go, Uncle jee might be waiting for you.)

                                     -------

 

“haan bhae har dibay mein ek ek cake daalo….biryani iss mein ziyada daalo” (Yes bro! Put cake in each box….put more biryani in this one) the event was ended only family members were left. And Fajahad was clearing up whole hall, especially food by standing up on them while taking spoons of lemon cake.

And there was “Ali jaa kar Fajahad se pooch uss ne kuch khaya bhi hai ya nahi! Usko chocolate cake dou, drink dou! Shabash!” (Ali ask Fajahad whether he has eaten something or not! Give him chocolate cake, give him drink! Very good!)

“Aray mummy sub deta hoon tumharay betay ko!” (uff! Mummy! I will give everything to your son!)

He fetched at him with “Fajahad”

“Kiya?” (what?)

“Bhai tu cake kha, biryani kha, humaray hissay ka bhi kha lay aray tu sub kha lay”(bro, you eat cake,you eat biryani, in fact you have the meal of our share too! )

“kiya ho gaya hai chariyay…tu jaa apni beghum k pass” (What happen to you, ape!... Go and sit your wife!)

 

As he moved away he sipped pepsi while having cake. And after minutes he sat down while having Pepsi.

All sat around him. He noticed their gradual sitting but ignored.

And there was “Fajahad tu mujhe se height mein chota hai” (Fajahad, you are shorter than me in height.). It started with Rizwan.

“Mujh se bhi” (you are shorter than me too.), Ali supported

And it went on with chota chota (shorter, shorter), around

But last person in whole circle said “Mujhe se.. mujh se height mein bara hai yeh 5.6 main 5.5” (from me..He is taller than me. He is 5.6 I am 5.5).

“Abay gadhi..akal bat rahi thi kahan thi tu…issay chor yeh tou hai bhi bachi aur 6 se 5 mein thori kuch jaraha barabar hai sub, chotay” (Donkey! Where were you when brain was distributing!...Leave her! She is a kid after all! By the way there is no any difference if 6 turns into 5! You have same height! Shorter!)

“koi barabar warabar nahi hai..0.5 ka farq count ho sakta hai tou yeh tou phir pooray ek inch ka sawal hai,ghoochoo o khachar! Aaya hai bara..hat yahan sey!” (It is not same at all!...If difference of 0.5 can be counted so why not of whole one inch! Stupid and mule! Move away from here!)

“Sara maza tum ne kirkira kardiya Sara” (Sara! You have distorted the whole fun!)

                                ------

The food was packed and shifted in cars, everyone was leaving when Ali walked to Faraz who was coming in towards Fajhad and asked “Yaar yeh kiya majra hai tujhe se behtar aaj yeh khabees lag raha hai. Kaisay?” (what is this scene going on, my friend? This wicked and impure is looking better than you today> How?)

With hand drifting around his shoulder and eyes looking down to let everyone not see he said“Zaahir see baat hai jab chaar ghantay nahanay mein lagaye ga tou haseen tou lagay ga phir” (It is obvious that if four hours are spent in bathing then he would definitely look handsome.)

“Chaar ghantay!” (four hours!)

He nodded

             ------

Side was meeting with earrings when it met gave shelter to some water drops when there was recalling of “Main ussay kabhi nahi choroon ga. Agar waqai jannat aur jahanum exist karti hain tou wahan pe bhi uss k saath rahoon ga. Khuda ko keh doon ga agar galti meri biwi ki hai tou iska zimaidar main hoon aur chal paroon ga jahanum mein uska haath pakray” (Then it means I will never leave her. If heaven and hell really exists then I will be with her there too. I will say to the God that I am responsible for the mistake, my wife has committed and go with her in heaven by holding her hand.) in every organ in every nerve and in every blood clot that she left with hiding her face and shaking her shoulders.

“kiya hua? Kaun hai yahan? Aray Sadaf tum? Kyun ro rahi ho? Kiya hua? Faraz aur Nida ki waja sey?”, (What happen? Who is here? Oh Sadaf, it is you! Why are you crying? What happen? Are you crying because of Faraz and Nida?)Ali walked in to put his clothes in washing area.

“nahi Faraz aur Nida ki waja se nahi” (No, I wasn’t crying because of Faraz and Nida.), she was rushing her tears off and widening her lips so that he won’t come to know about her unstability

“phir kyun halkaan kar rahi ho apne aap ko” (Then why are you stressing yourself?)

“halkaan thori kari rahi ro rahi ho” (I am not stressing myself, I am crying.), stretching her hands down her folded legs while facing him.

“Kyun ro rahi ho?” (Why are you crying?), he moved his hands forwards and she backward her fists.

“kyun k mujhe ek share tak nahi mila, Ali, isliye ro rahi hoon. Usko keh tou diya k isi mein meri jeet hai par iss jeet mein mujhe tou uska itna sa bhi hissa naseeb na hua. Mujhe kabhi Faraz poora nahi chahiye tha agar pooray ki khuaish hoti tou wo mohabbat na hoti wo possession hoti aur Faraz koi possession thori na hai who tou ek jeeta jaagta insaan jis k saath bus main kuch waqt chahti hoon aur wo bhi na mila na kabhi milay ga na iss dunya mein naa agli dunya mein. Main tou khaali hath reh gai Ali! Bohat ziyada bari raqam nahi dey di main ne iss jeet k khatir! Main haar gai Ali! Main haar gai” (Because I don’t get a share, Ali. That is why I am crying. I told him that it is my victory but in this victory I don’t even get a small part of him. I don’t want whole Faraz. It would not be love otherwise if I want whole of him. Instead it would be possession. And Faraz is not possession. He is a living human being without whom I want to spend some time and that time I don’t get and will not get neither in this world nor hereafter. I am left with empty hands, Ali. Didn’t I gave a big price for this victory! I lost, Ali! I lost!)

He was there sitting on his feet looking at her just wanted to cajole her around his arms with “tum nahi haari sadaf tum nahi haari”. (You did not lose Sadaf, you did not.)

                              -------

                       


© 2018 Irenic


Author's Note

Irenic
please review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on June 27, 2018
Last Updated on June 27, 2018
Tags: machalay, dhoom, Rizwan, chota

Fard


Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic