Realization

Realization

A Chapter by Irenic
"

When they are forced to realize that.............

"

The afternoon had arrived and sun was shining when Sir Tufail was rushed in PE-1 G and said "Ma'am Shumaila, I need 10 minutes to distribute papers."

Ma'am Shumaila: “Aap apni class mein kar lein.”
(You will distribute it in your class.)

Sir Tufail: “Aap aaj ka mera period lay li jeeyein ga.”
(You will take my today’s class.)

Ma'am Shumaila: (murmuring while leaving) “Sir Tufail! Sir Tufail!”

While Sir Tufail:

"Anousha Durrani", he was distributing test papers.

And then he distributed in opposite class PE-1O

And students got busy in looking how much marks were deducted and comparing marks and methods from others and that's why students were rushing in whole corridor from one class to another of pre-engineering

Meanwhile in staff room

All teachers were rushing in and murmuring "Sir Tufail! Sir Tufail!"

Miss Anita: “Ek hangama khara kar dia hai, ek paper k chakar mein!”
(He has created fuss just because of one test paper distribution!)

Miss Babita: “Aur nahi tou kiya! Ab dekho corridor ko Machi market bana dia hai!”
(Why not! See! The whole corridor is now looking like a fish market!)

Miss Shumaila: “Yeh humesha ki aadat hai. Position itni senior k zuban meri ruk jati hai warna pichlay saal Rubina aur Tufail ka jhagra hogaya tha.”
(It is his habit, as usual. Because of holding high position, my lips get sealed otherwise both Rubina and Tufail had a fight last year.)

                      ------

Meanwhile Fajahad was coming in. He was walking heavily. He was tired.

As he sat on an empty seat placed very near in last row in third column someone shouted
"Fajahad tera paper!" (Fajahad, your paper!)

He took it and jumped his neck against the crown and slept.

But after few minutes Iqra ran in and and bumped on the chair beside him expressing 
"Iss baar itnay marks katay hain! Tumharay kitnay marks aaye hain?"
(Sir has deducted so many marks this time! What’s your score?) 

But found him sleeping when turned to him.

She shook her head while murmuring "Fajahad! Fajahad!"

And grabbed his paper and comparing marks

Iqra: “5, 5 aur 5 yani pandra!”
(Five, five and five means 15!)

She looked up and continued

Iqra: “Sir aap ne 15 marks fajahad ko nahi diye!”
(Sir, you have not given 15 marks to Fajahad!)

Sir Tufail: (sitting on chair behind table) “Jee main ne pandra marks nahi diye. Yeh aap ne dhoonda hai ya Fajahad ne?”
(Yes! I have not given him 15 marks. But did you find it or Fajahad find it?)
First he looked at her simply when she said. But then dropping his jaw and trying to keep his eyes normal, that even made him to look more shocked, he agreed and then asked normally.

In return, she looked at him who was dozing off, leaving everything behind.
And with her, everyone turned to look at him.

Sir Tufail: “OK tou jee main ne Fajahad ko pandra marks nahi diye kyun k mujhe check karna tha k Fajahad waqai parwah karta hai bhi ya nahi. And I am sure usay pata bhi nahi hoga k uskay kitnay marks aaye hain. Aap apne lieutenant ko uthana pasand nahi karein he?”
(Yes I have not given him 15 marks because I wanted to check that whether he care about marks or not. But now, I am quite sure that he would be definitely unaware about his score. Won’t you all like to wake up your lieutenant?)

He himself shouted his name

Fajahad: “Jee! Jee sir!”
(Yes! Yes! Yes Sir!”)

Tufail: “Beta aap ke kitne marks aaye hain?”
(Son, how much marks you have scored?)

Fajahad: “Aaye honge koi saath satar, who cares, end mein tou sub mere pass hi aayein, aap ko tou koi moo bhi nahi lagaye ga”
(May be 60 or 70. Who cares when in end everyone comes to me to understand and no one even look towards you for help.)

Tufail: “kitne aaye hain iqra Iskay?”
(Iqra, how much he has scored?)

Iqra: “85”

Farhan: (whispering in Jawad's ear) “Pandra na ho kar 85 hain, pandra mil gaye phir kitnay honge?”
(Without 15 he got 85! How much would it be if he will get 15!) 

Jawad: “Sau”
(Hundred)

Farhan: (expressed) “Sau!”

Tufail: “Jee sau. Fajahad is the first in last four years to score full marks, par lieutenant sahab ko khabar hi nahi hai.”
(Yes hundred. Fajahad is the first in the last four years to score full marks but Mr. Lieutenant is unaware of it.)

He then shouted

"Lieutenant sahab!"
(Mr. Lieutenant!)

He woke

"Aap k sau marks aaye hain"
(You have scored 100 marks.)

"Acha"(Okay.) and he slept again.

Tufail: “So class is over. I am going now.”

As he went.

All boys rushed up on him and beat him. Even took his books also away.

                        -----

Meeting went well and Ali got the second project.

                        ------

 

Marium was at shopping with Nida in Bahdurabad.

She phoned Ali

Marium: Hello Ali tum kab free ho gay?
(Hello Ali, when you are free?)

Ali: “I am free right now. Tum bolo”
(I am free right now. You say.)

Marium: “Acha meeting kaisi gai?”
(Okay, how was the meeting?)

Ali: “Great, project mil gaya!”
(Great, I have got project!)

Marium: “Wow! Congrats!”

Ali: “Acha ab tum batao”
(Okay, now you tell.)

Marium: “Tum lenay aa jao, main Bahdurabad mein hoon.”
(You come to pick me. I am in Bahdurabad now.)

Ali: “Theek hai. I am coming.”
(Okay, I am coming.)

After declining the call she turned to Nida

Marium: “Okay Nida, tum jao, Ali is coming.”
(Okay Nida, you go. Ali is coming.)

Nida: “Theek hai, Allah Hafiz.”
(Okay, AllahHafiz.)

 

Nida walked to another shopping mall.

                      ----

10 minutes were past she was waiting for Ali.

                      -----

And he left her hand in fear forcing her to go in dark. 

 

Faraz came to pick Nida. His car was parked behind Ali's.  He ran forward, hold their collars shouting "Himat kaisay hui, Isko hath laganay ki! Ghar mein maa behanein nahi hain kiya" (How dare you to touch her! Don’t you have mothers and sisters at home!), and he beat them hard that police standing nearby took them away. 

"Aap meri gari mein baith jayein,  it's safe" (You, please sit in my car. It’s safe.), he told her. 

She marched to Ali and slapped him and yelled "Biwi hoon Tumhari! Gairat tou baich aaye hi thay kiya khloos bhi baich aaye ho ya himat chor aaye ho!" (I am your wife! It is true that you have sold his shame very long agao! But have you sold morales too?), and turned to march forward to take transport 

"Marium", he ran behind him

"Main khud chali jaun gee"
 (I can go myself.)

"Aap ka tou main bhai hoon. Bhai samjh kar us din aap be client accept kar lia. Is baar bhi bhai samjh kar baat maan jayein" (Am I not your brother? You have accepted client, because you regarded me as your brother. So, please this time also agree me with, with your brother.), and she turned back.

And he opened his hand to welcome her.

He opened the gate for her and covered the glasses of window with black glass covers. They exchanged smile 

 

In end. 

And when the driver arrived he let them go with him.

And when they went 

Faraz: “Aa tu meray saath chal.”
(You come with me.)

And the car parked behind the hotel.

                      ----

Hotel's room

Faraz: “Tu ne bijaye larnay k ussay un k hawalay kar dia..”
(You have left her in their hands instead of fighting for her….)

Suddenly Fajahad came in and banged the door behind and said

"Bagirat Insaan, Laanat ho tujh pe, tete moo pe phitamoo ghar ki larkiyon kisi aur k hawalay karte hain!! Kaminay! Uloo k pathay! Darpok kain ka! Tu chutiya hai chutiya!! Ek tou woh teri itni madad karti hai aur ek taraf tu hai jhahil o gawar insaan! Gairat o mardangi naam ki cheez hai bhi ya nahi! Mard hona aizaz hota hai oloo de pathay aaj tu ne woh aizaz bhi kho diya!”
(Shameful man! Curse should fall on you! Your face should be cursed! Is it right to handover females of house to someone else! Scoundrel! Howlets! Coward! You are f**k! F**k Man! F**k! She, on one hand, helps you so much and you! You, on the other hand! Illiterate! Do you have any shame or manhood! It is pride to have manhood, howlets! But you have lost that pride, today!)

Faraz: (sitting beside Ali) “Bus Fajahad. (Stood up) ek baat Ali humesha yaad rakhna An attitude of a man defines the attitude of a woman. Chal Fajahad.”
(Stop Fajahad, always remember one thin that An attitude of a man defines the attitude of a woman. Come Fajahad. We will go, now.)

                       -----

As they sat down Fajahad told him

Fajahad: “Ab direct shadi”
(We have to go for wedding, directly)

And he started the car.

Fajahad: “Aaj Sadia khala k betay ki shaadi hai aur hum sub ka jana zaroori hai, aap k liye tou khaas phone aaya tha k Faraz aur Nida ko zaroor lana.”
(Today is Sadia khala’s wedding and its very important for us to go. And they phoned especially that bring Faraz and Nida too.)

Faraz: (sighed) “Chalo phir.”
(Okay, then go.)

                       -------

The wedding was coming to end 

                       ------

He spoke for her.

" Faraz bus" (Enough Faraz), she was stopped by Farkhanda.

He stood in center listening every yell and shout.

Nida was standing beside.

Nida: “Faraz ki nahi meri galti hai.”
(It’s not his mistake, it’s my mistake.)

He hold her hand to quite her.

Farkhanda: “Bus karo tum. Side lenay ki koi zaroorat nahi hai.”
(Enough is enough! Stop it! Don’t take side!)

Faraz: “Aap ko jo kehna hai aap mujhe kehein Nida ko nahi.”
(Whatever you want to say, say it to me. But don’t say anything to Nida.)

Farkhanda: “Kyun? Kyun nahi keh sakti main?”
(Why? Why I can’t say anything to her?)

Faraz: “Kyun k yeh aap ka aur mera maamla hai tou hum dono tak hi rehna chahiye Nida tak kyun aaye. Aur agar aap lai tou main bardasht nahi karoon ga karoon ga kiya karta hi nahi hoon!”
(Because it is not her matter! It’s our matter! So it should be limited to you and me! Why it should travel to Nida! And if you will bring her, then I will not tolerate! Actually I will not, I don’t tolerate it!), and took her with him out by rushing.

                       -----

“I am sorry, Faraz”

“Nida ro mat, it irritates me.”
(Nida don’t cry. It irritates me.)

She was crying 

“Ghar aa gaya hai. Mummy will give you tough time isliye aaj meray saath nahi aao”
(Home has arrived. Mummy will give you tough time that’s why it is better not to come with me at home.)

She was still crying

“Nida yaar kiya hogaya hai tumhein, Meri jaan”
(Nida! What has happened to you! My dear!)

“Tum jhoot boltay ho! Main koi tumhari jaan nahi!”
(You are lying! I am not your dear!)

"Auron se jhoot bolta hoon tou hath kamptay hain tum sey jhoot bolna ka sochta hoon k zaban kamp nay lagti hai"
(Hands shivered when there is lying from others but when I just think to lie from you, my tongue shivers.)

And he was looking at her crying and forcing his tears to go back and they did.

                       -------

Next morning

Farkhanda walked to Fajahad on lawn

Farkhanda: “Fajahad! Fajahad!”

She turned him around 

Farkhanda: “Natak na karo! Tum mujhe response kyun nahi dey rahay?”
(Don’t be dramatic! Why are you not giving me response?)

Fajahad: “Aap pehlay bhai sey maafi mangay phir respond karoon ga.”
(I will respond you when you will ask for forgiveness to Bhai.)

Farkhanda: “Yeh mera aur uska maamla hai! Tumhein beech mein parne ki zaroorat nahi!”
(It’s our matter! You don’t need to interfere in it!)

Fajahad: “Tou phir theek hai! Farah sey bolein woh apkay kaam kardein.”
(So its fine! Ask Farah to help you out.) 

And he walked away freely in house.

                          -------

She walked in his room. He was wearing his shirt on full of scars back having and old scars on his arms too.

As he saw her from mirror in room he left with

Faraz: “Aray Aap, I am sorry.”
(Oh it’s you. I am sorry.)

And he sat down so she could not see anything

 

From mirror.

Faraz: “Koi kaam hai aap ko?”
(Do you need any help?)

He got busy in finding medicines in drawer

Farkhanda: “Kal k liye, I am sorry. Faraz mujhe maaf kar dou.”
(For yesterday, I am sorry. Please forgive me, Faraz.)

Faraz: (put the medicine on table) “Baat maafi ki nahi ehsas ki hai. Mujhe gussa is baat pe nahi aaya k aap ne sub k samnay mujhe is baat pe thapar mara k main ne apni biwi ki side li, gussa is baat pe aaya k aap Nida ko kyun involve kar rahi thi. Meri aur aap ki jang mein uska kiya kusoor hai. Usne aap ka kiya bigara hai? Usnay mera kuch nahi bigara who aap ka kiya bigaray gi. Isliye aap maafi na maangein ulta is baat ka ehsas karein k ungli humesha ghar par uthti hai ghar ki izzat par nahi aur ghar mard hota hai aurat nahi kyun k, an attitude of a man defines the attitude of a woman.”
(Its not about forgiveness, it is about realization. Your slapping me in front of everyone because of favouring my wife didn’t angered me. You’re bringing Nida in our fight angered me. What’s her fault in our fight? What has she distorted of yours? What she can distort of you if she cannot distort anything of me? That’s why, don’t say sorry, only realize this fact that finger is always pointed towards home, not at home’s respect aur man is home not woman because an attitude of a man defines the attitude of a woman.)

Farkhanda: “Apna khayal rakhna.”
(Take care of yourself)
She had nothing to say.

Faraz: “Jee”
(Yes)

And she left the room.

And was looking at her picture, wetting it.

                ------

And she did not even sleep for a second thinking how much he is protective about his wife that he threw slush on him when he laughingly insulted her.

                -------

“Marium”

No response

“Please maaf kar dou”
(Please forgive me.)

“Maafi mat mango ehsas karlo.”
(Don’t say sorry, just realize your mistake.)

And put the plate of omlette beside keys and files. And left the place.

 



© 2018 Irenic


Author's Note

Irenic
review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on July 30, 2018
Last Updated on July 30, 2018
Tags: 85, 100, khabar, lieutenant, hath, himat, ghar, izzat, Tufail, Shumaila, Babita, Sadia Khala

Fard


Author

Irenic
Irenic

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
World is a painting and I am one of wanderer in it who is known by the name of IRENIC in its tiny piece's another world called INTERNET. more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Poem by Irenic


Collection Collection

A Poem by Irenic


Compilation Compilation

A Poem by Irenic