Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by irishsam

Prologue
I will never forget that girl.
Her beautiful angled face charred beyond any campfire marshmallow. Almost every inch of her once porcelain skin was cooked like a barbecue. She used to have this long mop of curls that went down her banana back, but it's burned from the fire, leaving nothing but a sad memory of partial angel. Her name was Maxine.
The only skin on her body that wasn't destroyed by the rapist flames was her eyes, an that look she gave while I rolled her into the OR told the story.
But silly doctors don't like to listen. And I wasn't an exception to the stereotype. I ignored the story her green irises told me and quickly put her under. Besides, when a when a patient was in that bad of a condition, you don't have time. I had to get to work, trying to make my charred beauty become what she once was.
But it's never going to happen. Four days later, after I harvested skin and made grafts, she died. Leaving behind an overbearing husband and a teenage daughter. But that's not what's significant here, Her burns were in haunting shapes. The ones that stuck out where the practically symmetrical wing shaped burns on her back. Those burns made her so beautiful, even though she was beyond recognizable. But at that time, she was a angel. Yet, little did I know she was the perfect demon.


© 2013 irishsam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

good start but first can be very tricky through-out an entire novel. It may flow easy from a third person point of view.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on June 22, 2013
Last Updated on June 22, 2013


Author

irishsam
irishsam

Samworld, NJ



About
Cat lover, philosopher, music lover, student, citizen of the world. I love learning more than I ever could possibly say. I love it all. I'm also willing to learn from you guys! I also love writing.. more..

Writing