Dear Anonymous

Dear Anonymous

A Story by irishsam
"

This is more of a letter than a story, something I needed to get off of my chest.

"
Dear Anonymous,
Time is a mortal enemy of people. With time, things can improve, or deteriorate. Time can make or break the most fragile relationships or form new ones. Time, in the scheme of things was our enemy. When you went, I was sad for you. We both knew where you would be going, we just didn't know where you'd end up exactly, psychologically speaking. I didn't exactly see you deteriorate before for my eyes, yet I knew the symptoms of it, and there was noting I could do to stop you, being so far away. And with time you did, unfortunately. Yet, I'm not sorry. 
Much like the fun of summer, sympathy runs dry. I would be there for you. Though, at times you felt like I didn't understand, I did listen and tried my hardest to. I thought that's what friends were for. After a while I got sick of it. I can only help someone so much and I pulled away, I have a life now and I'm happy with it. I didn't text you for days or call you because you would always be depressed and upset over a boy you like. I don't feel bad about that either. It was self-preservation. I needed it. 
Over the ending of our relationship I feel like I got the better half. I'm not bitter or upset. I simply acknowledged the fact that were through. I will remember the fun times we had together, I will hang onto the positive memories. Life is too long to hang on to negative things, I hope that one day you'll realize that life is worth living and the world is full of things to explore. I hope that you will find the inner peace that everyone deserves.
 In essence, this is good-bye. Endings are hard, but they are an act of catharsis. Something we all need to do.I'm cleansing myself of your negativity and moving on from you. Since I joined high-school I made friends, have a job, grown smarter, and became a happier person. I am so happy. Happier than I've ever been. And nothing will get in the way of that. Not a chance.
Peace and blessings,
-Sam 

© 2013 irishsam


Author's Note

irishsam
As stated above, this is a letter. Feel free to leave a reaction.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You express yourself strongly. I would take this and mold it into a story. As a letter it can not teach the lessons you have learned as effectively as a letter.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Added on September 12, 2013
Last Updated on September 12, 2013
Tags: goodbye, letter, friendships, endings

Author

irishsam
irishsam

Samworld, NJ



About
Cat lover, philosopher, music lover, student, citizen of the world. I love learning more than I ever could possibly say. I love it all. I'm also willing to learn from you guys! I also love writing.. more..

Writing