Innocent

Innocent

A Story by Kayla
"

Everyone has a voice.

"

If you think you’ve never been bullied….stop. Think. Has anyone ever been so angry with you that they tweet about you? (Maybe not directly, but indirectly) Or maybe they send you a text message with foul words, knocking you down because they’re too afraid to say it from their mouth? Or you watched someone on YouTube just hating on the world. Sadly, this is the world we live in today, all thanks to social networking. Between social networks such as, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, hitting the TWEET button or even the ENTER key in an instant ruin some of the best friendships or relationships.

Here let me show you how easy it is, type this up on your laptop or cell phone, “You’re a loser and no one cares about you. Just stop talking because no one is listening.”  But wait, don’t actually send that, sit there and think for a second. Does that really make you feel good inside? Before you answer yes, think about it a little more, have you thought about it? Good. If you really thought about it and the consequences then you’re smarter than the average human, but if you don’t think it’s going to really affect someone, you’re wrong. It’s going to bother them, upset them, really hurt them deep down inside. Congratulations, you’re a bully! I bet you’re shaking your head and saying, “I’m not a bully.” In truth, you are, bullying has one meaning---hurting someone.

“If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all.” I heard this growing up from my mom and I’m sure you’ve all heard this as well, but hearing it doesn’t always justify its meaning. Some people will be straight forward with you, not sparing your feelings and just go off. Other people will sit behind a computer screen or use their cellphone to try to get you down. I have a friend that’s been in this similar situation, want to hear her story? Quit shaking your head ‘no’, because I’m going to tell you anyways.

Jenna is one of the sweetest and nicest people I know, never would intentionally hurt someone, but she’s always been the innocent victim of someone’s so-called fun. Multiple times have people through Twitter made fun of her, saying she had no life, no friends, and even stooping down so low to call her stupid. All for her to see, not caring about her feelings, and causing nothing but pain even though they had no idea on the impact their words really had. Only Jenna did have friends, great ones in fact and she did have a life, and she was nowhere near stupid. The funny thing about this though, she wasn’t even friends with these people. So I tell her, “They’re nothing but stupid girls that have nothing better to do with their time. They only want to make you feel bad because they don’t get treated right.” Jenna agreed and ignored the bullies, but sometimes the past can come back to haunt you or just the same type of situation can come back over and over like a reoccurring nightmare. In her case it’s happened more than once, but she tries to ignore it the best she can because she knows it isn’t worth the hurt.

It’s hard being bullied especially if you’re innocent like Jenna, so why do it? If you’re angry with someone or upset, tell them either face to face or over the phone, not via text. Not through a tweet and definitely not through Facebook. Find a healthier way to talk about it if you’re too scared, write a story, write a song, but don’t always try to run away. It’s only going to get harder and eventually you won’t ever be able to be honest.  If you let things out, not bottling emotions up until you’ve had enough that you have to be so vile to someone, this can help stop bullying.

Just like I mentioned before, bullying is easier to be done these days and as long as you’re hurting someone you are a bully. So before you speak or via text, think, analyze and handle the situation in a more mature way.  And victims don’t be afraid to stick up for yourselves because you have a voice just like everyone else.

 

 

© 2013 Kayla


Author's Note

Kayla
This is really just my own personal thoughts about bullying and I still don't believe we're all aware of the consequences or why bullying even exists.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 9, 2013
Tags: essay, bullying, story

Author

Kayla
Kayla

Hogwarts, OH



About
I'm really bad at writing these, funny thing for a writer to say, right? I guess the basics are all you really need to know. I'm Kayla, a college student and a writer. I think everyday a person should.. more..

Writing