Can you answer me?

Can you answer me?

A Poem by itsmenabs

Even the words aren't free like me.
Think the word female.
Why male is attached to make female?
Clutches of males are everywhere.
As words for us aren't free.
Such is my plight.
Not only mine, yours too girls.

Now my father patronize me
Later somebody will replace my father.
He is happy when I indulge myself, within four walls.
My mother doesn't know who is she.
She teaches me to play with kitchenware.
She repeats daughter should act like daughter.

Think the word women.
Do you notice man following us?
Don't we have our own identity?
Can't we stand without male?
Aren't we strong enough to save us?

Or

Do we need someone to stand?
What do you say?
What is your answer to my questions?
Please I want answer

Think the word goddess.
Why here too attachment?
Even the powerful goddesses are suppressed.
Why is this?
I am searching for the solution.
Can you answer me?

© 2017 itsmenabs


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Great poem with great question.since you are born like a,women. You are in world where man is dominitan creature. You have to be,strong and never give up. Be real women is hardest job on planet earth. But i think during 50 years in eorpe and usa. Position of women change for better. Even thought we need still make lot of changes. Special how man think about women just like sexual subjects. Great job on this poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

itsmenabs

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your comments, especially in third world countries, its difficult for women to stand up f.. read more



Reviews

Honest and heartfelt, your words are very moving. I often feel guilty being a man because of the injustices done to women in history and today. But, then again, I often feel guilty about being other things, like white, when so many of our fellow humans have been persecuted and enslaved because of the colour of their skin.

I can answer your question with information I have learned from the oldest book on earth - The Bible.

What God intended for humans (male and female) is a far cry from today's reality. The Bible describes men and women as "Helpers and compliments" of each other. It says that it is "not good" to continue alone. And that is true - that all people have a need to be acknowledged, befriended and loved. Yet, our world is in disarray and relationships are broken and fragile. The reason? - Imperfection. When humans fell from genetic and moral perfection, seeking independence from their creator, there were and are, consequences. Women were warned that men would dominate them, not by God's will, but because of imperfection and selfishness. The Bible commands men to love and respect all women, especially their wives. Jesus condemned all slavery, divorce, abuse and unkindness. If everyone - every man and woman followed Jesus' teachings, the world would not have the violent differences we see today between the sexes.

But Jesus also promised that these things would end "When thy kingdom comes, thy will is done on earth." Then women will see real justice.

Take care

Moomin

Posted 6 Years Ago


I read this poem two days ago, and I've thought about your question. In short, no, I can't answer you, not adequately, not fairly. I don't have your perspective because I've not walked in your world. I will point out that "fe" precedes "male," and "wo" precedes "man," which is less significant than how women are treated relative to men. Still, as a middle-age man, I know women lead the world in so many fields, and they're more subtle and less demanding of recognition and credit.

Regardless of today's realities, this is an exceptional poem, raw and intense. Nice work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is absolutely beautiful. Mesmerizing and a question in need of answering. Please keep writing

Posted 6 Years Ago


I believe we all need one another. If we didn't need one another we would certainly be on the path of complete destruction.But because we need one another some will stretch forth a hand to help and a heart to share; a soul to bless. And if we can't help each other...what good are we? really?

Posted 6 Years Ago


itsmenabs

6 Years Ago

Yeah, I agree on that, we all need each other either it be man or a woman, thanks for ur comment :)
Fabian G. Franklin

6 Years Ago

Yes. Sexuality has nothing to do with it. All of us need friendship and support at one time or anoth.. read more
I love your imaginative take on the words we use to designate the feminine gender! Here in the USA we are plagued by dozens of sexual accusations & men losing their jobs or being elected to office, no matter what their past sins may be in this regard. So your words have a much deeper meaning here, when you talk about men always being part of the picture, often drowning out the statements we wish to make. Your wordplay is a good way to make this rant subtle & fun, but underneath I sense a mountain of injustice! Love this (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


itsmenabs

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for ur beautiful comment :)
Dear itsmenabs,
I cannot consider this poem a real poem, but rather an open question, a vivid and meaningful cry for freedom. The reason is that I cannot find all the main features of a so called 'poem' here: no rhym, no metrics, no retorical figures. The speech is direct and there is no aestethic construct, such we could find instead in a 'typical poem'. I'm stating those points not to spoil your honest and brave words (which I have no issue writing I like and also share), but because I believe you've not really using your full potentials. As a poet you have 'super powers': word mastery, musicality, haunting rhymes. In short: you can make your messages hundred times more persuasive and destructive, simply by using the proper tools. Human hearts are prone to beauty and passion: no one could possibly resist passionate and elegant words, even if they transmit a destructive message.
For what concern your question: of course females do not need males to be complete.
As also male does not need female for the same reason. We only need ourselfs, that's all. Don't get me wrong: I'm not suggesting that we should be all selfish monsters, concerned only about ourself. What I want to say is that first of all we must accept what we are for ourself, without feeling the urge to please anyone at all (nor our family, friends, society). Male, female: it does not matter. Our society may try and force its teaching into your life, but at the very last moment it's you who decides what to believe in. Unfortunately, it's not a perfect society, nor honest and fair. I cannot deny for women is harder to get even with job and family, if comparised with man conditions. But nature has given more resources to females than to males: we may be strong in our bodies, but you are indestructible in your souls. Don't ever forget it and don't let anyone else convince you of the contrary.
Personally, I had to fight may way in life against my mother, so I'm quite confident writing you that everyone has his/her own wars to stand. Now, you have your: go through it proudly and don't stop untill its' over. That's all.
Best regards

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

itsmenabs

6 Years Ago

Thank you nerio for your time to give ur honest opinions and comments, I will try to write it differ.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Great poem with great question.since you are born like a,women. You are in world where man is dominitan creature. You have to be,strong and never give up. Be real women is hardest job on planet earth. But i think during 50 years in eorpe and usa. Position of women change for better. Even thought we need still make lot of changes. Special how man think about women just like sexual subjects. Great job on this poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

itsmenabs

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your comments, especially in third world countries, its difficult for women to stand up f.. read more
I feel you , that's awesome poem, one of the deepest poem i have ever read . And girl , we have our own identity we are so strong

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
itsmenabs

6 Years Ago

Thank you nora! I appreciate ur time to read and comment :)
Nora

6 Years Ago

You're welcome 😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1514 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2017
Last Updated on December 4, 2017

Author

itsmenabs
itsmenabs

United Kingdom



About
23 yrs old.....Seeking peace, love and happiness# my hobby is writing.. more..

Writing
Feelings Feelings

A Poem by itsmenabs



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tense Tense

A Poem by moog-drika