Unnormal

Unnormal

A Chapter by Lizbeth Rose
"

Sally Evans is a loner. She never leaves home without her headphones and IPod. She is really fast so that makes her unique, although sometimes she can be quite aggressive.

"

Chapter 1

A small diary of Sally Evans: “I grew up like a normal girl. From when I was little, my family talked about these wolf packs, who would hunt all night, and if you were outside at a specific time of night, you could see their figures on the mountaintop as they howled at the moon. Only on a full moon could you find them, and it was like they disappeared after the full moon passed. My parents would tell me stories about these wolves, and how they had magical powers, and they could withstand some of the most powerful forces. I was determined to meet one when I was little, but now I am old enough to realize that they are obviously fake.”


It was summer and Sally was happy to do all of her favorite things. She slept in till 10 and woke up with a headache. My head feels like it’s pounding Sally thought. She got up and immediately sat back down. “I can’t go downstairs.” she rolled her eyes. But she was determined. Sally moseyed her way down the stairs, and sat on the couch. A minute later, her mom came trotting in. Her eyes grew wide when she saw her.

“Honey, your eyes!” Sally looked shocked.

“What about my eyes?” she wondered.

“Well, nevermind.” she shook her head as to see clearer. “Just get ready for that summer camping trip you were invited to, ok?” she smiled as she left the room. She totally forgot! She sped up to her room to change and finish packing. By the time it was ready to go, she had just finished getting ready.

“I cannot even believe they invited me to it! Me! Of all people!” Sally said to her mom in the car. Her mom smiled, and continued to look at the road. The campgrounds were a while away from the house, but once they arrived, Sally was super nervous. “I have no friends in this group!” she sighed.


The kids were not very welcoming either. The afternoon was a series of meeting people and deciding not to befriend them. Sally was a bit of a loner throughout her life, and her mother didn’t understand why. She had done all that she could to get Sally some good friends, but Sally just didn’t want any.


Anyways, evening came quickly, and all of the kids were climbing this humongous tree.

“Hey, lone wolf! Come climb with us!” shouted a boy hanging like a monkey from a large branch.

“No thanks!” she shouted back. “I’d rather not break!” she smiled meanly. The boy rolled his eyes and continued, “U scared?” he taunted.

“No! I just don’t wanna get hurt!” Sally was getting tired of kids picking on her.Especially if they were two or three years younger than her. The kids started clucking like chickens until finally Sally gave in.

“Fine! Real mature guys!” she rolled her eyes.

She put down her Ipod and headphones that she always had with her. She grabbed the first branch and pulled herself up to a sitting position.

“There! Happy now?” she growled. The boy was in the same position but higher up.

“No! Not enough!” he was grouchy.

“Hey! I have an idea!” shouted a girl named Harley.

“We’ll be satisfied if she can catch him.” she demanded. The boy uncrossed his arms and smiled.

“I like it Harley!” he managed to get much higher up before Sally started chasing him. She didn’t get very far before getting her leg stuck.

“Ouch!” she cried.


One of the adults in charge of it all came out with an announcement.

“One of the tents has a campfire! S’mores for everyone!” he smiled. All of the kids scrambled down the tree. Before the boy ran off, he glanced back at her and stomped right on her Ipod right in front of her. Before long, Sally was alone with her foot stuck sitting in the dark. She began to struggle and free her foot. She looked around for another branch.

I suppose this one will work she thought. As she stepped on the branch to swing around to another branch, it broke and she tumbled. She screamed and whimpered. The man who announced the s’mores ran over to where she was laying.

“Oh dear! Broken leg, eh?”  he sighed as Sally’s vision was fading.

“She’s coming back now.” said a faded familiar voice as she was waking up. She could tell it had been a while since she had gone unconscious.

“Where am I?” she asked as she could tell that she was alone.

“Mom? Dad?”, she looked around. Her parents had divorced a while back, and her father was no longer allowed to see her. He had done some things against the law. A doctor was outside talking to someone.

“Something is weird about her leg. It healed incredibly fast for a broken leg.” the female voice said.

“Is there something wrong with her?” it was her mother’s voice.

“Your daughter is special,” said the doctor, as she continued,

“She will have tests done to find out what is changing in her.” she finished. Tests. Changing. Special.  Sally thought. She could hear the doctor walk away. The door creaked open,

“Darling? You’re awake now, right?” she begged it to be true.

“Mom!” Sally gasped. Her mother ran to her side and they hugged.

“Mom! I don’t wanna be tested! Please don’t let them hurt me!” she cried.

Her mother smiled, holding back tears, “Oh hunny! It is for the best! Didn’t you hear? You’re special,” she smiled.

“I already know that I’m special! I am special because you are my mother!” she sobbed. Her mother laid her down, and exited the room.

The doctor’s voice again, “We are sending a specialized doctor in there. One that helps with supernatural things,” they all got quiet. The door once again creaked open. Sally just wanted to go home. She felt something like a fire burning inside her. A man walked in with a kit of something.

“I am going to stick this small needle into you. It’s just a little prick, and it will keep you from being in pain during the tests. Ok?” he smiled. Whi do they always smile. She just wanted to burst into aggression and take down the doctor. He’s going down she thought.



© 2017 Lizbeth Rose


Author's Note

Lizbeth Rose
Let me know whatever you think. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on April 24, 2017
Last Updated on April 24, 2017
Tags: sally, wolf, girl, teen, 16, loner, lone, fast, doctor, injury


Author

Lizbeth Rose
Lizbeth Rose

OH



About
I am a young woman who wishes to become a writer in the future. I am currently single (and I like it that way). I hope y'all like my stories! I write mostly about wolves and romance. more..

Writing