For Summer

For Summer

A Story by ivyplume
"

Descriptive flash fiction to imagine ones self in its presence. To take them on a journey with words, finding hidden meaning, which shall be different for each individual.

"
The dimly lit canvas of sky was awaiting the final blow of the sun to cast shimmering colors of bright pinks, yellows and oranges. Peaking from above the blue waves in the distance so too did the warmth, like a blanket touching my skin. The brightness became to much as i lay backwards digging my toes into the wet sand. The light lapping of water on the shore rushing back and forth, the birds rising from the trees chirping. It seemed, to me, liked utter perfection. And with perfect vision the sky danced in colors so vivid, so mesmerizing, as if from a dream.

The birds were flying now, only a few, gliding to unknown destinations with no need for time to push them on. I rose forward holding my knees and resting my chin on top to stare at the golden light that had risen higher making it easier to see. In front of me was only clear, bright hope and behind me, untouched by the golden beacon was still night, dark and eerie, its presence never forgotten.

With the ever rising sun came the warmer veil cast over my body, my skin, my face reaching up towards it; embracing it. For with light comes hope. A sense of calm washes over me and I feel over joyed at the prospects of future, not only for today but for the days to come. The florescent  glow of morning brakes as the last inches of the full sun has risen. Its presence strong and piercing, too much to look at now, but through closed eyes the yellow glow shines brightly behind my eyelids.

© 2015 ivyplume


Author's Note

ivyplume
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue, etc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on December 16, 2015
Last Updated on December 16, 2015
Tags: summer, flashfiction, fiction, adventure, travel, life, nature, rendition

Author

ivyplume
ivyplume

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



Writing