2

2

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~

When I opened my eyes, I was in my bed- thank Goddess. Mom must have found me on the street while she was driving home.
I sat up and looked around my room. There were pictures of Anthony and I everywhere. Why had we taken so many?!? I asked myself. Anger filled me immediately, and I took each one and tossed it in the shredder.
Mom stepped out of her room with her hair in her natural ponytail.
"Thanks for driving me home, mom." I said.
"I didn't. I didn't even realize you weren't home until a man knocked on the door with you in his arms." She said coming to sit next to me on the couch. Very observant, mother. "What caused this panic attack. You haven't had one since your dad died." Which was four years ago.
I ignored that and asked a question of my own. "Just a man? You didn't know him? How did he know where I lived?"
"I figured he was one of your friends... He wasn't?" Fear and concern entered her eyes.
"...I don't think so..." But instead of worrying her further, I answered her earlier question. "Anthony broke up with me." I mumbled. "That's what caused my panic attack."
She made a 'tsk' sound before taking me into her arms. Two years ago when I gave her the news that Anthony Madison had asked me out, she was the only one who told me that it wouldn't end well. But, being the mother she was, she didn't bring it up. "I'm so sorry, honey." She whispered instead. "He's a fool to let you go."
"Or maybe I was a fool to fall so much in love with him..."
Mom didn't say anything, she just shook her head.
"Can I be alone? Just for a while."
"Of course." She muttered, going into the kitchen.
I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them.
You'll find someone, one day. A voice murmured in my mind. Don't let this tear you down.
"But when?" I murmured. "When will I find that someone?"
One day.

~~~
Sleeping that night became an impossibility. I tried, but every time I closed my eyes, I saw Anthony. Then my heart threatened to rip itself from my chest.
Goddess, end this.I thought. It's not worth it.... But I knew that she wouldn't. My Goddess would never end a life without it being a person's time, no matter how much you begged. Give me someone who will truly love me and take care of me. I added as an afterthought. Someone who won't lie when he says he loves me.
Something in me comforted itself and I felt the Goddess' love before she calmed my mind and put me to sleep.


© 2011 Dark Angel ~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great job. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow each chapter keeps getting better

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ohh my maybe the Goddess likes the girl! I like this book *claps hands childishly* yaaaay!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yeah, the goddess part was a little confusing. But I still like it! Woohoo!

Posted 12 Years Ago


where'd this belief in a goddess come from? and how does she intimately know her? and also the italics were confusing cuz you did the first as emphasis and the second as a thought.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2011
Last Updated on June 1, 2011


Author

Dark Angel ~
Dark Angel ~

Where am I, exactly?, FL



About
Izzy. Short for Ismode. I write... All the time xD sadly, I don't have the time to post them here. I'm nerdy, a choir geek, and probably really, really weird. I tend to be quiet until I get to know y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


15 15

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


10 10

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


6 6

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


14 14

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~