5

5

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~
"

Told by Izzy... until it says it's told by Liam This is a longer chapter...

"
Still forcing myself to ignore the whispers, I doodled away in my pad.
Please, make them stop. I whispered with my thoughts. Please, Goddess. I won't be able to stand it.
As the bell rang, I heard Mr. Kenn, my first hour teacher, say: "Sit in the empty seat next to Izzy." He pointed toward me. I smiled politely as I recognized the student was the one from earlier, in the hallway. As he sat down, he gave a small, almost shy wave. I waved my pencil in greeting.
"Liam." He said, introducing himself.
"Izzy." I replied. "Nice to meet you." I went back to my picture, not in the mood to talk. Liam sensed this, and didn't speak again.

"Hey, uh, Izzy?" He said when the bell rang. "I got my schedule changed when I got here, so I'm not sure as to where my classes are... Could you help me?"
He almost sounded sorry for asking me for help. "Of course. Let me see it." I looked at it quickly. "You have all my classes... and your locker isn't that far from mine. You can just follow me." I handed him his paper back, smiling.
As we walked, he looked at me. "I know you're trying to hide it, but... you seem to be very upset."
"How observant of you..." I muttered. "I've been better."
"Am I allowed to ask why you're upset?"
Gah, he sounded so scared of me, and so innocent. "It's a long story. Basically, I was dumped."
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be. It's not your fault... I don't want to talk about it right now..." Or ever, really.
He nodded once. "Sorry again, even if it's not my fault. You don't seem like one who needs heartbreak."
"I don't think I do either... But apparently, the world doesn't care." I muttered. We stopped at my locker. "You can go get your stuff for math class, and come back here, kay?"
"Sure.

~Liam~
Every time I spoke, she cringed. Why does he sound so sad... so apologetic?
If only she knew...
But I had questions of my own. The most important being how badly was he hurt? Normally, I should be able to sense it, but because I was on Earth, I was limited in how much I could sense her, and help her, until she knew I was her angel.

When I got back to Isibell- I would never call her Izzy, because it doesn't capture her in my opinion- she was on the floor, sitting with her head resting on her knees. Tears were streaming down her face.
"Isibell?" I knelt down next to her. "What's the matter?"
Biting her lip, she shook her head.
"Don't lie to me, Isibell." I said. "Tell me what's wrong."
She shook her head again, letting her head hit the lockers behind her. "I'm going to sound like such a baby... but I just can't take it. This-" She gestured around her. "They're-" meaning the other students here. "It's just too much. I can't." She wiped her eyes. "But if I leave, I'll prove them all right... They'll think they know that Anthony's rumor was true... They'll all hate me..."
She leaned her head on  my shoulder and started sobbing. As she cried, yesterday came racing back to my mind.
I had been walking, getting used to my first day on Earth, marveling at everything- it looked different when you were actually experiencing it, not watching. It was more... real.

I saw a figure lying on the side of the road. What in the world? I ran over and knelt down. When I recognized her, I gasped.
"My God... Isibell. Darling, can you hear me?"
"Liam?" She mumbled. Of course her mind knew me.
She must've had a panic attack again. "Come here, darling." I murmured, taking her into my arms.

"Goddess, I'm sorry." Isibell mumbled, bringing me back. "You must think I'm crazy... or emotionally imbalanced."
"Oh, no, darling. It's okay. Take your time."
She smiled at the word darling. "Thank you. You don't even know me-" Haha. "-and you deal with this"
"Well, it's not like I have a choice." I answered. "You haven't told me where math class is yet."
She laughed- exactly what I was aiming for. "Let me get you there. We've already missed the first fifteen minutes, but it's better to get there now than to not get there at all."
How can she switch it off? How can she stay so strong?


© 2011 Dark Angel ~


Author's Note

Dark Angel ~
I didn't want to use my own name in the story, so I came up with the name Isabel, but then decided I didn't want it spelled normally. Thus, Isibell was born!!! >:D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol, very unique way of spelling Isabel. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


omg, i hate using personal stuff too!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh fascinating! Me too, I hate using personal things of mine in a story, YUS we're ALIKE! Finally. Anyways, good chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


what was the rumor? i know you have already written the chapters ahead of this, but just some feedback for future books. I really like this one!

Posted 12 Years Ago


so, explain more vividly why she's upset. so he spread a rumor, yeah cool whatever. its not the end of the world. talk it out more, show the catty girls coming up like 'wow, w***e' or whatever. and also, is she really the type of girl to just to cry on a stranger's shoulder? cuz i can tell you from experience treating boys like superheroes for emotional garbage does. not. work. and its just stupid to do so lol.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2011
Last Updated on June 1, 2011


Author

Dark Angel ~
Dark Angel ~

Where am I, exactly?, FL



About
Izzy. Short for Ismode. I write... All the time xD sadly, I don't have the time to post them here. I'm nerdy, a choir geek, and probably really, really weird. I tend to be quiet until I get to know y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


13 13

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


19 19

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


23 23

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


27 27

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


16 16

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~