10

10

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~

I watched Isibell's face as I led her into my house. The place was nothing special- very modest, actually. There was a 48" flat screen TV (that I didn't watch often) in the living room; the kitchen was fully stocked with food and the best appliances (because I loved cooking and eating); there were two bedrooms, mine off the living room with a twin sized bed and a small bedroom; the other, down the hall with a queen sized bed and the master bathroom...
But that's not important- what's in the house isn't important. It's how she received the house.
"This place is so... it's absolutely perfect!" She gushed, falling into my couch.
That must be because she thought I was perfect. "Are you sure?" I asked. "It's a tiny little place, nothing much..."
"But, I thought..." She paused. "I pictured your house bigger, more extravagant... This is tiny, quaint... I like that."
I laughed at that. "Me, extravagant? Ah, Isibell, you don't know me at all, do you?" I sat down next to her.
"Maybe, maybe not. But I'll know you more when you tell me what I've been waiting for all week?"
I cringed away from her minutely. "Ah..." I suddenly wished I could fly far, far away. "Where to start?"
"I've found that simply blurting it out helps." She replied, smiling.
"If only this was that easy... Come with me." I considered taking her through my giant skylight, but decided against it. That would probably be too much at one time.
"Okay," I mumbled when we were in my (very spacious) backyard. "I'm going to show you something... and I want you to say the first thing that comes to mind."
She had many questions in her eyes, but she nodded.
If I had a truly human heart, it would've been pounding. I closed my eyes and ran away from her before spreading my wings and leaping into the air. I heard her gasp and think Oh, my Goddess...Even under the circumstances, I couldn't help the smile on my face as the thrill from flying overcame me. The freedom... I circled over her once before landing in front of her.
She had regained control of her face, but the shock was still very obvious in her eyes.
"Well, Isibell?" I asked.
"A-are... did... you're..." She stammered, trying to grab onto the concept that was forming in her mind. "Angel." She finally gasped.
"Correct."


© 2011 Dark Angel ~


Author's Note

Dark Angel ~
When Liam says "If I had a truly human heart"... he does have a heart that beats, but it's not like a human heart that adjusts itself to multiple conditions- like beating faster when exerted... His heart beat is always constant, no matter what.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is insainly good. Your writing is just SOOOOOOO good! i can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh wow! This is cute! I really like your style of writing, it's different in a way that no other writing appears to me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


oooh! I can't wait to read the next chapter!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 15, 2011


Author

Dark Angel ~
Dark Angel ~

Where am I, exactly?, FL



About
Izzy. Short for Ismode. I write... All the time xD sadly, I don't have the time to post them here. I'm nerdy, a choir geek, and probably really, really weird. I tend to be quiet until I get to know y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


17 17

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


Days with You Days with You

A Poem by Thea


25 25

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


11 11

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


18 18

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~