Get A Life

Get A Life

A Story by YoungAuthor

I wake up to see my room is still dark; I turn to my right side to see my alarm clock read 3:00 a.m.  I woke up early again, for the fourth time this week.  I got myself out of bed, and went to the kitchen.  I got a bowl, some milk, and corn flakes.  I pulled out the silver ware drawer, and mumbled to myself, “Great, no spoons.”  So, I grabbed a fork and struggled to eat my cereal.  I looked for the TV remote, nowhere to be found, already signs of a bad boring day.  Once I finished my cereal I quickly showered, letting the warm water hit my body.  Then, grabbed some sweats, a clean tank top and some slippers; walked into the kitchen and grabbed my keys. 

                I walked up to my car to see a brand new key mark all across the side of my 1990 Cadillac Deville.  In big letters, it read “Get a life”. I sighed, rubbing my fingers across the big letters.  I realized I needed a new car anyways, so I got in the car, and put the key in the ignition.  I then saw the big green letters on the clock read 5:06 a.m.  What was I thinking? No car dealership would be open this early.  I proceed to turn my now screwed up car, off and try to catch some more sleep. 

                I closed my eyes, opened them at 5:30.  Closed my eyes again, opened them at 5:52.  Closed my eyes for the third time, opened them at 6:15.  This time, I sat there and continuously starred at the ceiling.  I looked closely at the detail, trying to make out animals in the design. I had to stop after an hour, because my eyes were hurting from squinting. It was now 7:23; I decided to change my clothes, so I looked a little bit more suited to buy a car.  Inside my closet was one jacket, two more pairs of sweat pants, five colored t-shirts that looked two sizes too big for me, one pair of Levi’s, and three socks on the ground.  I grabbed my Levi’s and my gigantic green shirt. I slicked my hair in a pony tail, and hit the door.

                My engine roared as I turned the key. I fastened my seat belt and turned the radio on to drown out my thoughts;  “Talk show, fantastic”  But I had already pulled out of the drive way and just didn’t feel like looking down.  I drove passed happy families, kids walking their dogs, and couples holding hands; all things that reminded me of my used to be “Happily Ever After” home.  At the stop light I heard someone honk, I turned to my left to see a couple of guys motioning me to roll down my window.  I rolled it down hurriedly and yelled, “What!”  They all pointed and said, “Get a life!” while laughing hysterically.  I sighed, and ran the red light. 

                I turned to the nearest car dealership, Honda.  Once there, I parked looking for the first car I liked; not caring about the price just wanting to feel freedom with the car I chose.  I then saw the car I liked; I quickly grabbed a guy so I could claim my car.  The man got me my papers, while I got his money.  He then handed me my keys, I got in the driver’s seat of my used 2000 Green Honda Civic.  I noticed the car was recently used, and was almost out of gas.  So, I decided to find a close gas station to fill up my brand new baby. 

                I pulled my car into a Chevron, grabbed my credit card and got out to fill up my car.  I noticed the clock in my car was on, but yet the keys were out on the seat.  The clock was frozen on 3:00, the time grabbed my attention, this had been the time I had been waking up at for the last four days.  I opened the door to hear a fast clicking sound.  I backed away from the car slowly, and decided to go inside Chevron to buy a bag of chips, thinking it was just my imagination.  I got some Cheeto’s, and walked back gradually to my car.  I was less than half way there, when, “BOOM!”  My new car, busted out in flames.  Without hesitation, I ran in the other direction and slipped my Cheeto’s in my pocket.  I had no idea where to run, I just knew; that I was finally listening to someone’s advice, I was getting a life.

© 2010 YoungAuthor


Author's Note

YoungAuthor
This was just an extra cedit paper I did for English, the goal was to include "3:00, Green Honda Civic, and Chevron." Enjoy. If there's any errors please inform me!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yo! I loved this story! it was dope! keep up the writing! And the third paragraph last sentence. Change "money tail" to pony tail. But again great story!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 28, 2010
Last Updated on May 27, 2010

Author

YoungAuthor
YoungAuthor

CA



About
I'm Jessica, a lost fifteen year old that's confused in high school. I find the only way to look for sanity is in words. I mostly write about my step-dad and confusion, it's how I set my mind free. .. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by YoungAuthor


I'm Done I'm Done

A Poem by YoungAuthor