Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by J.Keyes

Chapter 1

Before I start this story, let me clear some things up for you. First of all, and most importantly, I am NOT dead. I am, however, undead. At least according to my mentor, Javis.

            Secondly, I am not this way by choice. It just sort of happened one night when I was at a party. One second, this girl and I are hitting it off and having a great conversation. Then, suddenly, we’re in a nice apartment and I’m getting bitten by some beautiful girl.

            Finally, I do not, by any means, miss my old life. Right now, life is so rich and wonderful. What’s happened to me is nothing short of magnificent. My new friends are amazing, and the night life is the best.

            Clubs, parties, excitement, it’s the best, especially when I get to see all the people who enjoy the “life of the nocturnal.” Looking back I realize that the nigh always called to me, even before being awakened.

            Vanessa Love, the woman who turned me, showed me all the great pleasures of being what I am. The heightened senses, compulsion, and my personal favorite, being immortal.

            She also clued me in on the not-so-good aspects, such as hunting other people for nourishment, no garlic (I LOVE garlic cheese on my pizza), and worst of all, the Knightmares. True, it isn’t the coolest name, but the Knightmares are bad news.

            They hunt vampires and make their lives miserable. I heard they tortured one guy for three days straight then left him in an alley until the sun came out. It was brutal, and it started the war between vampires and Knightmares.

            For me, the worst part is that now they have werewolves working for them. Some were vigilantes and didn’t choose sides. Unfortunately, a few have joined the masters of evil and hunt us like we’re the problem. With the right price, any werewolf can turn on everything they believe.

            Somehow, I got turned during the most heated time in the battle, and now I’m caught in the middle of it. I’ve already taken out three Knightmares and have some after me. It turns out that I’m a wanted man in their eyes.

            Good. Bring them on, and let them feel the wrath that’s been broiling in me for years. I may have won some battle, but the war isn’t even close to being over. My life is on the line and my hatred for the Knightmares runs deep. They won’t get the best of me.

            Not after what I’ve been through.



© 2010 J.Keyes


Author's Note

J.Keyes
Just a starting point, to get the story started.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are strong arguments both for and against prologue. Here are some things to consider:

•They should be short.
•They should be an integral part of your novel.
•If you take away the prologue and your novel still makes perfect sense, you might want to consider ditching it.
•A good prologue provides background information that doesn’t fit into the novel any other way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


seems like a good start to me, it will be fun to see what happens next.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree that this a good start. Sets the reader up for one hell of a ride. Nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well done!

This looks to be a very appealing novel. Very good dialogue (at least in my opinion). I look forward to seeing the rest of the novel*

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2010
Last Updated on December 2, 2010


Author

J.Keyes
J.Keyes

Kent, WA



About
My real name is Marquis. I've recently turned 18, I've enjoyed writing for a very long time and have wanted the opportunity to have my stories read and get feedback. Any and all feedback you can give.. more..

Writing
Myth? Myth?

A Chapter by J.Keyes


Duhaga Duhaga

A Chapter by J.Keyes


Demp Demp

A Book by J.Keyes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..