Macbeth Quote Story

Macbeth Quote Story

A Story by silver threaded queen

                                                  Part 1

She sits behind the large, somehow threatening desk, slumped low in the cracked vinyl seat, as if to disappear. The equally large, and threatening man, sat behind the desk, with a folder large enough to be classified as an assault weapon in most states. Not that she would have known. The man leans forwards sighing deeply, as if she and she alone was the cause of global disasters.

            “Miss Thorton, this is the third, uhhhhm, incident you have caused so far this year. And it’s barely into October. This is your freshman year. A new start you could say. You really don’t want to start the next four years of your life out like this, do you?” She stares at him, unblinking. Mimicking him she sighs, sitting up, and crossing her legs at the ankles.

            “See that’s the thing, I just don’t care what the next four years are like. Either way, I’m not going to enjoy them.” She leans forward allowing her wrist to cross, and dangle from her knees. He doesn’t notice the track marks scoring the lengths of her arms. But then again, no one ever does. “I don’t know why you and that stupid case worker won’t let me drop out already. We all know its coming.”

            He sighs again, taking off his glasses and rubbing his nose. “Miss Thorton, You’re extremely intelligent, all you need is the drive. With a little work, by your senior year you will have colleges eating out of the palm of your hand.” She stares at him. He looks up at the ceiling.” Look, I know it feels like this will be the longest time of your life. And with your home life, that makes it even worse, but if you push the bad stuff to the back of your mind and just work really hard, it gets better. Ten years from now you could be in a penthouse in Manhattan if you put your mind to it. 

He sighs. “Just, just take what I’ve said into consideration. And don’t do anything stupid, or rash. Okay?” She doesn’t say anything. “I take that as a yes. I’ve gotta give you a weeks worth of suspension this time girlie.” She shrugs, finally getting up and throwing the small drawstring bag over her shoulder. Walking up

the two flights of stairs to the main office, she goes to sign out.

The large haired secretary leaned forward. “How long this time?” She shrugs. “A week” The women gives a long, low whistle.” Gonna be gone by February if you keep this up.” She shrugs again, turning around to walk out the door. The cool, crisp wind hits her in the face walking out the front door.

                             Part 2

I walked along the bricked path of the alley, looking for the vine crusted fence, which singled my turn. Fearing I’d miss it, the balm of relief was a comfort as the vines came into view. I quickened my pace, eager to reach my destination. As I turned around the final corner, I saw the familiar group of teenagers.

” Yo, Thai, what’s up? I thought you had school?” I shake my head.” Nope. Suspended.” The boy sitting at the head of the group shakes his head, dreadlocks swinging with his movement. “What for?” I throw my bag down before I sit.” Does it matter?” He laughs.” I guess not. How much Ice you need this time?” I pull an envelope from my bag, handing it to him.

“Is this enough for a gram? The boy already had the money out and counting it.”Yep. Right on the mark as always. I’ll be right back with your stuff. I sit there, waiting. Always waiting. In the distance I hear a police siren. Above out heads a loud *SLAM* is followed by hysterical screaming. My foot begins to bounce.

“Hello Miss Thalia. It’s been a while since we’ve seen you in these parts.” My eyes roll to the back of my head. “Hello” He c***s his head.” Is that all you have to say to me.” I keep my gaze focused ahead.”Yep.” He gets up, and I almost sigh in relief. That is until he swung arounf the backside og his hand connecting with the right side of my face.

I lay there, stunned, before I can gather enough sense to try and scrabble and make a run for it. But, he is one step ahead of me. He leans down grabbing the front of my shirt.” Don’t you ever make an idiot of of me again? Are we clear, little girl?” I nod frantically, looking for an out. He smiles. “Good.” And with that, he turns and walks away. I slam my head back into the wall behind me.

I just wanted my Ice. That’s all. And with that thought circling in my mind, the teenage boy comes back out with a small plastic bag. He looks at me.” Whoa! What happened to you?” I stand up grabbing my bag? “Nothing.” He furrows his brow.

” Okay then. You know the drill, this stuff is potent. It’s also a flyer, so you’re gonna see things, maybe even hear things that aren’t really there. That’s why it’s so important to watch your dosage. Got it?” I nod. “Good, here’s your stuff.” I nearly snatch it out of his hand before practically running out of the alley. I wait until I get to the familiar park. The one no one ever goes to, because its in ‘that dangerous part of town’. I walk until I find the familiar tunnel.

Today was all about familiarities, wasn’t it? Once I get in the tunnel I lean against the wall, sliding down until I’m sitting. Reaching for my bag, I get out a spoon, a bottle of water, a lighter, and the syringe. Twenty minutes later the wizard comes back.”Tsk, tsk, tsk. Aren’t we a bad, bad little girl.” He swirls his magic around me. The colors nothing but translucent silvers, and hues of purple and blue.

“Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace, from day to day, to the last syllable of recorded time. And all our yesterdays have lighted fools, The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

I giggle my head rolling back. “You know, this may be the one thing you’ve said, in which I agree with. Nothing. It all means nothing. All the hard, slaving work people put into their lives? For what? Death? All the dedication followers put into their higher power? For what? A slim chance in an afterlife? None of us are remembered for our good deeds anyways. Does anyone know who Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is? No, no, no they don’t. She won the 2011 Nobel peace prize. But everyone remembers Hitler.

Wizard my friend. You really got something going for yourself there.”

            “No one cares.” I sit up.” Why do you bother? You have no family, no friends, no past, and no future. Wouldn’t it be nice just to lay down and go to sleep, and never, ever wake up?” I shake my head. As if the very same thoughts have never streamed through my very own mind. My backpack tilted itself out on the pavement. The single pocketknife life a jewel amongst the papers, and books.

“Wouldn’t the steel feel oh, so heavenly on your skin. Go on, try it.” I lightly raked the knife across the exposed skin of my wrist…. It was heavenly. Like faeries dancing on my skin. Amazing. Enlightening. “Now dear, just push the blade home……”

                              Epilogue

The casework stands in the narrow tunnel with her head down, and her hands on her hips. The police officers behind her coldly discuss the girl a jogger had found early Wednesday morning. “Just another drug rat if you ask me. Did you see the track marks on her arms? And they already found trace amounts of crystal methamphetamine hydrochloride in her bag.” The follow officer taking pictures of the scene rolled her eyes.” Unless you’re writing the file, it’s called Ice, makes talking and explaining things a lot easier.”

“Besides, she got her fix, I don’t get why she felt the need to off herself.”  

The caseworkers head snaps up. “That’s enough, alright? Is life really so meaningless to you people?”

© 2013 silver threaded queen


Author's Note

silver threaded queen
Hey guys :D this is just a story I did for my final Macbeth project... we had to take a quote (minimum of 5 lines) and central the story around it.... let me know what you think!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A Dark subject! But then so is Mcbeth...
The World of Drugs and its associated life style makes me shiver with fright. It's a dark World that once upon a time in another life I witnessed from close quarters.
This is a good read so far, but take it from me, don't get involved in the real thing! You are far too talented and pretty to travel on such a dangerous and foolish journey as this.
And your writing is good! X

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

silver threaded queen

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review... and thanks to some childhood trauma involving drugs and my parents I do .. read more



Reviews

A Dark subject! But then so is Mcbeth...
The World of Drugs and its associated life style makes me shiver with fright. It's a dark World that once upon a time in another life I witnessed from close quarters.
This is a good read so far, but take it from me, don't get involved in the real thing! You are far too talented and pretty to travel on such a dangerous and foolish journey as this.
And your writing is good! X

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

silver threaded queen

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review... and thanks to some childhood trauma involving drugs and my parents I do .. read more
A project for school? How'd you do? Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

silver threaded queen

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the review and I got a 98% on it :D
KAOlmsted

10 Years Ago

Absolutely...and yay :-D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013

Author

silver threaded queen
silver threaded queen

OH



About
hey my name is jenny, i love hiking, earl grey, reading, and writing, I'm an extremely depressed human with a twisted mind.... everyone on here means the world to me and has helped me through some rea.. more..

Writing
~1~ ~1~

A Chapter by silver threaded queen