A random spray of words

A random spray of words

A Poem by Jack Force

A random spray of words, 

At some point they were relevant.

The story they unfurled seemed entirely sensible.

The morning after, they appear absurd.

Your logic in my surreal.


I announce my retirement to bed.

Good night world.

Thanks for coming,

If you did.

© 2010 Jack Force


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Usually I don't like poems that are.. indirect like this one, but I really enjoyed this. Even though you didn't flat out say what was happening, I understood you very clearly and the last two lines were what really made the meaning clear (and naughty). This is clever. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love those final two lines!lol the sign of a great writer, if you can achieve what the lines suggest to my filthy mind! You've made it. The problem with being an artist of any sort is the confidence. We are never happy with what we produce, as you so rightly expressed, 'they appear absurd' but only to us Jack. The proof is in the reads and the returns.

I love the title, so endearing.

Smiling at you

Tai

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a great little gem..
i have written words at midnight and at dawn thought "oh these will never do"..
great piece here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
x

Hey...what a fab-u-lous write.
I so enjoyed this because your write is full of the absurd struggle the writer faces in putting their write out there and it is absurd because the battle is an imaginary one and often without foundation.
It describes the challenge faced in owning ones work and the dare it takes to think it is worthy of ANY sort of publication....and where does that courage come from?? The courage to believe that what is written, is worth reading by another.



Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 2, 2010
Last Updated on January 2, 2010

Author

Jack Force
Jack Force

United Kingdom



About
I'm mad. I'm here purely to experiment and express. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..