On the way to the concert

On the way to the concert

A Story by Jack...
"

Some dreams do come true...or do they?

"

On the way to the concert

 

He was on his way to the Aerosmith concert on a cold and rainy night; the ticket he had purchased in his shirt pocket. This was his favorite band; he knew every song by heart. He took a short cut to the auditorium and was just cruising along, “Walk This Way” blasting from the CD player, when he saw a person on the side of the road waving their arms as if they were in distress. Normally he wouldn‘t stop but something told him he should. He pulled over and rolled down the window. “You ok man?”

 

“Hey dude, thanks for stopping. Yeah, I need to get to the auditorium; Can I get a lift?” the man asked in a raspy voice.

 

“Sure, no problem,” then it hit him, this guy was…”Aren’t you Steven Tyler?” he asked.

 

“Yeah man, that’s me.”

 

As the rock star climbed in the car, he couldn’t believe what was happening. He was sitting next to Steven Tyler.

 

“I dig the music you’re playing.” He said flashing that big famous smile.

 

“I was on my way to your concert.” He pulled the ticket from his pocket to show him.

 

“Cool, but you won’t need no ticket now dude, you’re with me.”

 

They drove to the venue as he sang along with the CD.

 

“You sing pretty good man.”

 

“Thanks, I know all of your songs,” he proudly answered.

 

“Cool, well look man, there’s a problem. I was on my way to tell them I couldn’t sing tonight; man my throat is killing me, how bout you filling in for me?”

 

“Me?” he asked shocked.

 

“Yeah man, you sing as good as me; come on, do it for the fans?”

 

What else could he do? He took the stage and sang with Aerosmith; the crowd went wild as they ended with their encore song, “Sweet Emotions.” As he left the stage Joe Perry stopped him and said. “Hey man, Steven’s been a bit cranky lately; you know with that American Idol thing and all, why don’t you join the band and take his place?”

 

“Me?” he gasped. “I really must be dreaming.”

 

Just then Steven Tyler woke in his hotel room and said, “Wow, what a nightmare!”

© 2013 Jack...


Author's Note

Jack...
Thank you for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh gosh; this is really good. I couldn't actually believe that the hero of the story was being asked to take Steve Tyler's place--
but I could believe Steven Tyler had a nightmare.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Marie.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Added on May 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 2, 2013
Tags: concert, music, Aerosmith

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing