lady 1001

lady 1001

A Chapter by jaykes32
"

classic tales of typical African orphans by disheartening parents who leave to "better their lives abroad"and separation of siblings during their struggles in life and the change years can do to them

"
"Am her sister!!" Adrian was beginning to get tired of this, everyone wanted to be her bosses sister, i mean even Adrian wished she was, so if anyone could claim to be her sister why not even this crazy girl with shades and a funny looking trench coat? so being always polite she smiles and says "sure you are darling, i am too" the girl looks at Adrian as if she is hurt  by her comment and storms out of the office, "Hey wait!" Adrian calls back to her, she was going to show her to her Boss anyway, its like her main job here, making sure is treated in respect and equally, "oh s**t! she is gonna be so pissed if i tell her possible sister 1001 just walked out of the office" mutters Adrian as she walks down the corridor of the office, its an open office only partitioned as a way of promoting fairness and openness? she could never assume to understand her bosses philosophies, But she at least got her own office and so does her boss, but you will be surprised there was a common room day in the office where everyone got to sit n the open office, she was thinking this as she looked around, her office was far from any walls and located near the door, so it was weird when she walked out the office space and found no one in the hallway... "where did she go?" she shrugs thinking she took the elevator and will be long gone by now, thinking of just how high the office was always gave her the shivers, Adrian had acrophobia* to add to the list of her phobias, but she loved her job, and her boss, and the exiting adventures that came with the job, that made her fear of heights, tight places etc worth it. She walks back to the office and sighs as she now has to go back to her boss and report this, she could also not but she was used to tell her boss everything.
she walks towards her bosses office feeling nauseated, the office is great and all and she dint mind the 27 floor elevator for 6 minutes a day, but she hated the reminder of how far she was, and the bosses office was one of the greatest reminders so she avoided the office as much as she could. called when necessary and sent the assistant for the most files that needed signatures from her boss,but she prefers talking about her personal life in person, so she had to go. she greets the secretary who gives her an amused curious look, its no secret she hates to go in there, she opens the door and despite herself she gasps at the site, the landscape is breathtaking, facing the hills and the end wall the lake, its like being in a hot balloon, and looking down at the natures wonders. "i know right?" Stephanie says, looking up to Adrian with a smile, Adrian nods as she takes a seat without waiting to be invited, despite what most people would think Stephanie hated formalities and preferred you did what was expected of you without being told to, like "please take a seat?" she of course had to still say this to those stuck up CEOs who came in the office asking about certain contracts and such Boring things Directors had to go through. but in this case and her were just friends, lived together and  shared the same interests in dislikes of formalities. "So who died?" Stephanie asks, she knows Adrian hates coming to her office, they ate lunch at her office and anything as far from her office as possible, "Worse, PS1001 disappeared out on me before i could bring her over" Stephanie looks crushed
, Honestly she expected her to be furious or something, she did not expect this, most times she just laughs and shrugs it off, but i guess 1001 and one too many shrugs and pretending she dint break anytime it was just  false hope
.Adrian rushes towards her and gives her a comfort hug, she needed it Adrian thought even if she hates it.
"why cant i find any of them? i hope they are okay though, or happy wherever they are, clearly am not, but i hope they are" the intercom goes off as her secretary informs them they have a client waiting in the lobby, Adrian moves to the door and looks over  to steph as she puts her poker face on, it always fascinating how she can recollect herself in a matter of seconds, something that Adrian has never been able to do in all her years."Adrian you can get our guest anytime now, if you finished staring" steph looks at Adrian with a Go -ahead now - look. Adrian lets a smirk play on her face "Yes Boss!" Steph snaps her head looking at her Friend Furious but before she says anything Adrian gets out of the room.
"Hi," says someone from the door, Steph nods and points at the chair when the guest doesn't move from where she is,she remembers that "oh! not everyone is Adrian" she looks at her guest who is now grinning,"who is Adrian?" "what?" "you just said her name out loud got me curious" steph feels embarrassed by this and looks everywhere except her guest.  "sorry!forgive ma manners,hello, please sit down" the guest moves gracefully towards the chair with a smile "ave heard you are uncouth Stephanie but now am just impressed."
"huh! so you already know my name miss? sorry dint catch your name"
"that's coz i dint tell  you one kiddo" Stephanie looks up to the lady with a weird trench coat color and shades
"what did you call me?"
"don't tell me you now are deaf cause that would just be too sad, you loved to listen me complaining about life."
Steph looks across the table and still has a doubtful look in her face
"what? you like my wig and shades or are you just admiring the view?"
"you sure do talk like her, i mean manner of speech not her voice though, she sure raised you" Stephanie smiles at her companion.
"yeah about that, she couldn't make it to your office"
"hmm, i swear i wished you were her, but you are as close as am going to get to her without making it a national fiasco. and am going to take what i can get"
"hello mother?" she says looking at the woman in front of her with a phone held in front of her so she could speak to her mother,
" why did you send my Tiffany? of all the people, she just made a scene when she ran out on my executive assistant." she smiles as she listens to the other end of the line.
"of course she is, how you doing?"  Stephanie trails off as she talks to the phone  as Tiffany is looking around the office," steph its the same crazy chiq from earlier, she... aah... sorry i thought you were gone!"
"so you would have called me crazy if i was gone"
"of course not... yes i would have, where did you go? i dint see you in the hallway when i followed you?"
"waited in the elevator to see if you would follow, it wasn't moving you know...if you had checked"
"oh! sorry but tight spaces aint ma thing, despite what emergency is involved, am never volunteering to follow anyone unless of course unless it was to catch my late bus to paradise"
"well too bad i am not the paradise you would have chased after, am Tiffany, Stephi's older Sister."
"is that so?" Adrian looks at Steph who just was off her phone daggers
"what i did tell you my other family is kind off crazy"
"clearly, you forgot to mention to what degree" she gave me a heart attack
"wait was that in a good kind of way"

"NO!" steph and Adrian say in unison.



© 2015 jaykes32


Author's Note

jaykes32
Centuries ago, Aristotle noted in his book Poetics that while a story does have a beginning, a middle and an ending, the beginning is not simply the first event in a series of three, but rather the emotionally engaging originating event. The middle is the natural and causally related consequence, and the end is the inevitable conclusive event.
In other words, stories have an origination, an escalation of conflict, and a resolution.

i dint know i was borrowing from this but i felt like the book should have begun as such.
tell me what you think and what challenges you think will be most hard to lead to this place

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on September 6, 2015
Last Updated on September 10, 2015
Tags: family, friendship, love, crash, fiction


Author

jaykes32
jaykes32

Nairobi, Ruaraka, Kenya



About
i love writing, even when it first does not make sense, i love associating with my characters and feel them personally. i hope there are people who feel the same more..

Writing